The Rock was overrated. Explain why he isn't.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I wonder if you're taking about the one with Paul Heyman. It was a tad solipsistic, but effective in that segment.
If not, disregard. I'm generally curious about what others consider quality promo work.

It was one on Raw a while back- don't remember which one though. I think the Heyman one started off good, but soon turned to garbage.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
This thread confirms how big of an idiot you are. Saying Kane is better than The Rock is just trying too hard to be different. Kane comes no where close to the Rock's talent as a wrestler. Kane would have never drawn any where near The Rock's level.

But what do you expect from someone who still uses the word "cats".

Also, Cena isn't better than The Rock when it comes to the mic. But Cena isn't horrible. Anyone who says Cena is a joke are being ignorant. Guy is one of the biggest drawers ever.
I applaud you for insulting me despite the fact I haven't insulted any person in this thread.
I'm an idiot for discrediting somebody you obviously favor. You seem angry, yet I'm not angry with you.
I've merely looked back at footage of the past 15 or more years and seen a clear discrepancy.
Kane is an intelligent person's wrestler. it takes a while to 'get' him.

The vail is over your eyes. Take the scales off and see the Rock for what he truly is.

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It was one on Raw a while back- don't remember which one though. I think the Heyman one started off good, but soon turned to garbage.
Oddly enough, I know why you say that. There's a word for rhetoric like the one Cena used in that promo. I'm at a loss for what it is.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I know why you say that. There's a word for rhetoric like the one Cena used in that promo. I'm at a loss for what it is.

In Cena's defense he handled the UK crowd at Raw pretty well this week. But I'm not a fan of his promos (if you can't tell already)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
WWE has fooled you. Use your brain for a moment and let the haze clear a bit.
If a man, you don't know, walks around with an entourage you will automatically assume he is a big deal. Correct?
If that same man is surrounded by adulating fans with no ill will toward him, you would assume he is a big deal. Am I right?
If those two things are correct, you have merely helped to perpetuate an image based on mere assumption.

If the Rock were a regular person, with no entourage or no adulated fans you wouldn't think he was particularly witty or intelligent at all. Would you?

Okay, then... The same thing could be said about every other wrestler out there.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
I applaud you for insulting me despite the fact I haven't insulted any person in this thread.
I'm an idiot for discrediting somebody you obviously favor. You seem angry, yet I'm not angry with you.
I've merely looked back at footage of the past 15 or more years and seen a clear discrepancy.
Kane is an intelligent person's wrestler. it takes a while to 'get' him.

The vail is over your eyes. Take the scales off and see the Rock for what he truly is.
You insulted everyone the minute you said that Kane/Hogan would have been better than Rock/Hogan.

I'm not even that big of a fan of the Rock. Kane is so simple, a demon monster. Nothing to that character that makes him an "intelligent person's wrestler". Which he isn't considering you are a fan of his.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Okay, then... The same thing could be said about every other wrestler out there.
Not quite. If you remove the smoke and mirrors, there are intelligent workers out there that aren't totally ridiculous.
Mick Foley, Kane, and Chris Jericho are all performers that are very cerebral elite on their own merit.
It's agreed that Rock's commercial success hasn't exactly been critically successful. There's a reason for that.

Kane makes you think. He captivates you, but he's been held back. They should have loosen the chains and watched the miraculous happen.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
You insulted everyone the minute you said that Kane/Hogan would have been better than Rock/Hogan.

I'm not even that big of a fan of the Rock. Kane is so simple, a demon monster. Nothing to that character that makes him an "intelligent person's wrestler". Which he isn't considering you are a fan of his.
I haven't insulted anybody. You've insulted me twice, and very directly.
You've pointed a finger at me ever since your first post in this thread. It's fine, but I'm merely stating facts.
Look back at each of my posts. I have not insulted one member here.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Not quite. If you remove the smoke and mirrors, there are intelligent workers out there that aren't totally ridiculous.
Mick Foley, Kane, and Chris Jericho are all performers that are very cerebral elite on their own merit.
It's agreed that Rock's commercial success hasn't exactly been critically successful. There's a reason for that.

Kane makes you think. He captivates you, but he's been held back. They should have loosen the chains and watched the miraculous happen.

Kane makes me wanna vomit, tbh.

To each his own, though.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, of course. People's personal taste should not really be discussed, you like what you like, and nobody can convince you otherwise.
Not necessarily accurate. It would depend on your temperament.
Some people hold a completely rigid stance, while others are a tad more fluid.
It's a matter of effective argumentation and knowing your target audience.
TV does this constantly. The media is very good at fooling moral people into believing complete garbage.
The same works in reverse.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Not necessarily accurate. It would depend on your temperament.
Some people hold a completely rigid stance, while others are a tad more fluid.
It's a matter of effective argumentation and knowing your target audience.
TV does this constantly. The media is very good at fooling moral people into believing complete garbage.
The same works in reverse.

Yup, I'm aware of that. Those people must be dumb, then. lol

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Yup, I'm aware of that. Those people must be dumb, then. lol
I'm not so sure of that.
It's reasonable to assume that we've all been duped by the media in some form or another.
From your haircut to your choice of wardrobe, we've all been influenced.
Sometimes isn't about being dumb per se, but more about manipulation (or having the wisdom not to be manipulated).
There's a reason why marketing teams glorify certain stimuli and not others.
Vince McMahon received his degree in marketing. He's spent his life's work fooling others into complete bullsh*t.

Interpretation is fantastic thing, isn't it?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm not so sure of that.
It's reasonable to assume that we've all been duped by the media in some form or another.
From your haircut to your choice of wardrobe, we've all been influenced.
Sometimes isn't about being dumb per se, but more about manipulation (or having the wisdom not to be manipulated).
There's a reason why marketing teams glorify certain stimuli and not others.
Vince McMahon received his degree in marketing. He's spent his life's work fooling others into complete bullsh*t.

Interpretation is fantastic thing, isn't it?

:yeah: