The Rock was overrated. Explain why he isn't.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Hun...I'm not one for going all "opinions are opinions, dude". But you know, You didn't have anything to say against the rock that won't deviate from the "he isn't that good, just because." You say he is overrated, yet resorts to "he lacks substance". How much more vague can you make that?

You basically tried to turn a really subjective debate into something objective, but lacked the arguments to do so. I'm not even the rock's biggest fan, and I can say that he impresses me by the way he got the crowd eating of his hand. Sure, he was lucky to get such a opportunity, but he took the ball and ran with it. He was unique both as a babyface and as a heel, and the crowd loves that, auttenticity was the fad back then in wrestling.

And as far as "overrated" go, I agree. Like I said, i'm not the biggest rock fan, but he deserves his spot as one of the greatest of all time regardless of my opinion of him, he made people like him, that's enough. I'm not going to contribute to the flame war, but it's pretentious to assume that everyone likes the rock merely because other people like the rock and they are all a bunch of sheep, your arguments would be a lot sounder, had you not let your feelings get in the way of logic.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
How much "substance" does one want from a wrestler? It's wrestling, ffs, not a philosophical debate. Wrestling's supposed to be fun.