The Rock was overrated. Explain why he isn't.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@Paige is Hot the only thing "the rock" is good for now is making movies thats where he belongs not back in the ring unless he surprises the wwe at survivor series and helps Cena's team

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Kane was innovative :dafuq:

He was a red Undertaker with a mask.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Kane was innovative :dafuq:

He was a red Undertaker with a mask.
Kane sees the needle in the fog.
The suits relate to Kane. Kane was flawed, but Kane was also intelligent. More people relate to Kane than Dwayne.
The Rock was superficial. There was nothing to invest in. He was Austin's lacky, held on for a bit of glory and than fell off.

• Haha
Reactions: u_cant_c_me

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
lol @ Kane taking the business to new heights. No. Just no. He just doesn't have the type of personality that can captivate a worldwide audience like The Rock's can. And what could be more pretentious than talking about "smarter" fans when it comes to pro wrestling. No one watches wrestling because they're looking for sophisticated entertainment and there's nothing inherently intelligent about Kane's on-screen persona anyhow. He's a (B-) horror movie monster. Another problem is that Kane would have never wanted to be "The Guy." He claims he's turned down championship reigns in the past because he prefers putting people over while letting others bask in the main spotlight.

As for The Rock, he was the prototype of a total package superstar. He had great skills inside the ring (great fluidity and timing, psychology, ability to adapt to any style of wrestling and have a good/great match with anyone, etc.), was one of the very best on the mic and could control a crowd like none other, objectively was one of the biggest draws and attractions of all-time, etc. He's not everyone's cup of tea (no one ever is), but it should be clear why he was beloved by millions.

Reactions: Vice

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more about The Rock. None of those things seemed apparent to me.
Kane is plenty intelligent. WWE severely dumbed him down for some of the reasons you mentioned.
Had Kane been given the green light in late 2000, his intelligence would have been realized instead of suppressed.
The Rock star was falling which is why couldn't garner any sympathy in his match with Austin at WM 17.
The fans wanted smarter material, which is why the Attitude Era died. Kane, back then, still had potential.

The Rock was a low rate knuckle head. WM 17 was in Texas, but rising star like the Rock should have overcome.

Reactions: Tgmiveld

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You're acting as if all wrestling fans are smarter fans, or in a similar regard, smarks/marks. They're not.
Maybe for you lad

You cosplay lot are not as smart as you think your are.

Us real wrestling fans are smart though, at the end of the day.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain and Swift

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
The Rock was/is an awesome talker, great athlete and good wrestler, fantastic entertainer overall. So no, not overrated at all. OP is trying to discredit him with a bunch of "what if"s, and it's rather hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
ROCK needs to stay out of the ring and keep making movies he is getting to old and @Paige is Hot I agree the rock is a Lame talker Lol