OOC The Out Of Character Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
because I told him to message me on here a few minutes ago. We were talking on PSN last night. The people who don't like the rule are the new league guys. They had a rule that blocked it out before, and to be honest it seemed sweet. Told him to message me there since you wanted a screen shot

@Apex
@DeathLock75
@Mr. Thunder
@Voin

You all explain to these guys about the rules you had. they might like them
Fair enough, I guess. It just seemed like you wern't giving us everything that you could have. The only argument you really presented was "People complained" and that it's cheesy without presenting anything alongside it, that's all.

If a change or anything has a good reason, it's fine. The way you presented it was as "New rule, don't like it? Deal with it."

I don't want any of the guys who just came in to be put on the spot, it's just how you presented it.

Now, let me enjoy my stomach flu.

Reactions: Geek773

DeathLock75

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
we wanted this rule since we believe spamming those reversals are not fair. We put it n the same book as taunt spamming and all other forms of spam. we had a rule that wouldn't allow you to use it at all, and we really liked it. Frosty didn't want to take it away from you guys or be a shit to us. He decided to limit it instead. he's trying to please everyone and he's getting a lot of hate for no reason. hate on us if you don't want the rule but leave frosty alone since he's trying to make everything better for all parties. and yeah, one of our friends got in a match with a fellow league member. He told us that he just waited to use second chance reversals and it really messed with him. Gino said himself that you all only use it 2 or 3 times so why not have a rule that keeps it safe?

DeathLock75

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
we also had no resiliency and it was more fun that way. people had to kick out by their own skill

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
we wanted this rule since we believe spamming those reversals are not fair. We put it n the same book as taunt spamming and all other forms of spam. we had a rule that wouldn't allow you to use it at all, and we really liked it. Frosty didn't want to take it away from you guys or be a shit to us. He decided to limit it instead. he's trying to please everyone and he's getting a lot of hate for no reason. hate on us if you don't want the rule but leave frosty alone since he's trying to make everything better for all parties. and yeah, one of our friends got in a match with a fellow league member. He told us that he just waited to use second chance reversals and it really messed with him. Gino said himself that you all only use it 2 or 3 times so why not have a rule that keeps it safe?
Again, the rule is whatever. It's there, and I don't really care either way. My only issue was how it was presented to us as "My way or the highway". There were ways he could have gone about it. "Hey, so the new guys coming in had a rule that I wanted to try out here, blah blah blah" would have had everything go easier, and Geek wouldn't have reacted like he did, and this entire debate wouldn't have needed to have happened.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Tbh I sort of feel like, on the whole, using more than 3-4 major reversals would detriment you because you'd just run out of reversals, so you don't need the headache of another rule. Or, if a match goes 45 minutes, all of a sudden noone can use them after the first half. Also, they aren't unbalanced, everyone can use them.

I just don't see the need tbh, I've enjoyed every match I've played on this game and think majors have enriched that by making it less of a reversal fest.

All just imo tho, sorry if I came off excessively aggressive or anything, I just really like the major reversals and didn't like the way Frosty wanted to deny a 3v1 majority the chance of a vote, even though now his reasoning is clearer I get why he wants to bring the rule in. I still don't want it though.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
we also had no resiliency and it was more fun that way. people had to kick out by their own skill
The issue here is match length. A 5 minute match isn't fun imo so if everyone has one free kick out (resil lvl2 which allows two is banned) it lengthens matches. Everyone gets one so it's a level playing field, and it's all skilled kickouts after that.

DeathLock75

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
The issue here is match length. A 5 minute match isn't fun imo so if everyone has one free kick out (resil lvl2 which allows two is banned) it lengthens matches. Everyone gets one so it's a level playing field, and it's all skilled kickouts after that.
I would normally agree but @Apex has some sort of broken game. He can't get any versions for some reason. I thought it would be best to do a no man left behind sort of thing lol

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
I would normally agree but @Apex has some sort of broken game. He can't get any versions for some reason. I thought it would be best to do a no man left behind sort of thing lol
I'm sure that'll be a fixable glitch. If not people can turn off resil to face him.

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

I'll say this, the "fellow league member" you are talking about is me, and how I played Voinn last night. It was a good match, but the fact that you said I waited for second chance reversals is bullshit. Yeah, I used quite a few (5 - 6), but it wasn't just because I wanted to mess with the guy, I was tired af last night (it was 11:30) so I couldn't care less who I was facing and what I was doing, considering I was 1/2 drunk and my throat was fucked. So I apologise to Voinn for what happened and that I don't usually play like that, but in terms of only 2 major reversals, that's what I don't like. I don't mind limiting these reversals, so say you can use them, but not constantly, so using one as soon as the reversal buff is finished.

That's my take on it, I just want this league to be peaceful and fun, not a war zone. :)

Note - I could be completely wrong about the fellow league member, but I'm almost positive it was me.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
Okay, since I am BY FAR the most important person here (;)) and have yet to give my two pennies (That's all you're getting since I ain't made of money) on this specific rule. Honestly, I couldn't give two squirts of piss about it since I really do suck at them anyway since I don't play the game enough to know the specific animations that you can use them on but if I had to pick a side, it'd be to lose the rule since I don't have any problem with the system being used against me (And it terms of spamming in a match, I have a problem with everything and I don't see it as a problem). It keeps me on my toes since I'm not that good at them and IMO it's not even that bad since reversal stocks are THE deciding factor in 90% of all matches in the game and if my opponent wants to waste 2 reversals just to hit a couple of moves or a finisher on me then that's 100% their mistake since I'll kick out and proceed to virtually rape them with my extra reversal stock. ;)

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
I think I caught something. Like an std... my dick is not comfortable at all.
Bro that's pretty fucked you should go see a doctor. Never have sex without protection, lad, even with how much of an annoyance it is when you're in the moment itself

DeathLock75

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
I'll say this, the "fellow league member" you are talking about is me, and how I played Voinn last night. It was a good match, but the fact that you said I waited for second chance reversals is bullshit. Yeah, I used quite a few (5 - 6), but it wasn't just because I wanted to mess with the guy, I was tired af last night (it was 11:30) so I couldn't care less who I was facing and what I was doing, considering I was 1/2 drunk and my throat was fucked. So I apologise to Voinn for what happened and that I don't usually play like that, but in terms of only 2 major reversals, that's what I don't like. I don't mind limiting these reversals, so say you can use them, but not constantly, so using one as soon as the reversal buff is finished.

That's my take on it, I just want this league to be peaceful and fun, not a war zone. :)

Note - I could be completely wrong about the fellow league member, but I'm almost positive it was me.
I can just say what I personally saw. Voinn was talking to me last night while playing the match and he said something like "He isn't reversing anything. Oh, he just seems to be waiting for the bigger reversals. So many of them"

But I can probably guess you did them by mistake. Nobody is at fault but I do think a limit of two per match is fair

DeathLock75

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
@TheFrostyBlur everyone on our side is voting for the rule to stay. 3 of us already voted. Add 4 more to the yes option since they all agree. I'm not sure if Awesome Mike will join but I can guess he would go with us. For now it's best to just add the 4 votes to it. They'll join in the next few days

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
@TheFrostyBlur everyone on our side is voting for the rule to stay. 3 of us already voted. Add 4 more to the yes option since they all agree. I'm not sure if Awesome Mike will join but I can guess he would go with us. For now it's best to just add the 4 votes to it. They'll join in the next few days
Y'all have an Awesome Mike *and* a Mr Thunder?! @Mike Thunder we found your parents.

Reactions: Mike Thunder

Apex

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going with keep the rule. oh yea, anyone want a match? I just played King and he's pretty good