The Official Upcoming Wrestling DVDs Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
I haven't gotten to that one yet but considering the rave reviews, I'm excited for it.

It's excellent and I'm with LB. The best doc WWE has ever made. Without question.

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: Wrestling DVD's Thread!

The rise and fall of ECW...

Reaction score

... Specifics

The start of ECW
The middle of ECW
The end of ECW
The legacy of ECW
---

As great as the doc was in 2004, I wouldn't say it's the best anymore. I don't know when the switch occurred, but WWE docs tend to be pretty damn great now. The Randy Orton, Edge, CM Punk and to a much lesser extent, the Rock's were all better than the ECW one. What made the ECW doc stand out back in the day was that it wasn't the norm for WWE docs. At the time, every doc was just 50 minutes long and glossed over a guy's career without spending too much time on any one deal. It was the reader's digest version of a Bio. Then, the ECW doc came along and it was nearly 3 hours long and thus had time to talk about a lot of stuff.

It does lose points for not having the other side of the argument. Guys like Todd Gordon, Raven and Shane Douglas should have been in the doc. Likewise, the WWE did their best to not talk about the drugs or New Jack. It does still stand out as a good WWE doc, but the WWE has become soo much better at putting together a professional looking documentary.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Just ordered the Hell in a Cell DVD from a few years ago. FINALLY gonna have the Taker/Foley match in my collection, FINALLY gonna rewatch HHH/Foley for the first time in yonks, and finally gonna rewatch the 6-way match that I loved as a kid.

Gotta say though, despite Silvervision reducing a fuckton of DVD prices to clear stock before their agreement with WWE ends, that's the only one I've been remotely interested in picking up so far. Hopefully the next few they announce are better. Hoping for the Mick Foley DVD set to make an appearance.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Just got...

Hulk Hogan's Unreleased Collector's Series and The Rock The People's Champ.

Reaction score

If you're a Hogan fan, his third DVD has some fun moments. Otherwise, you pretty much just wasted your money.

That being said, my inner Hulkamaniac made me go out and buy that DVD the day it came out. :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score

If you're a Hogan fan, his third DVD has some fun moments. Otherwise, you pretty much just wasted your money.

That being said, my inner Hulkamaniac made me go out and buy that DVD the day it came out. :lol:

:lol: nice.

I just got The Rock Know Your Role. Now I have every Rock DVD except the most recent one.

Reaction score

Why are you avoiding the most recent one, but picking up the cheap one hour tapes?

Reaction score

I'm a DVD collector.

You have a little over a dozen DVD's...

Idk, just seems strange to me to buy old WWF Home Videos that have a running time of an hour without any actual matches when there's far better sets out there.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

In true amazing Silvervision style, the HIAC DVD arrived 24 hours after ordering. I'm gonna miss these guys.

The new Rock DVD set is available for £8. Finding tough to resist.....

Sabretooth

Reaction score

You have a little over a dozen DVD's...

Idk, just seems strange to me to buy old WWF Home Videos that have a running time of an hour without any actual matches when there's far better sets out there.

Are you kidding me? I have a lot more. And it is strange but when your a collector you buy all of them.

I just checked out silver vision. The prices are mad cheap, it's unbelievable.