The Official Upcoming Wrestling DVDs Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: Wrestling DVD's Thread!

I'm kinda on Inferno's side when it comes to the match listings. They include his important ones, could be better but whatever. I just care about the documentary anyway.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I'm kinda on Inferno's side when it comes to the match listings. They include his important ones, could be better but whatever. I just care about the documentary anyway.

Don't say that or you'll get banned.

Castiel

Reaction score

You really have to learn to just keep your mouth shut or you're going to get yourself banned. I'm trying to help here.

Reaction score

You argue when there's something to argue about. Not arguing for "Well, they put all of his important matches!" when someone is complaining about "The lack of matches, the amount of double dips and the lack of unreleased and interesting DVD matches". It'd be like you coming in here complaining about a guy who owed you money and he eventually sent you an Anthrax covered check. So you'll all up in arms and a poster comes in and says "But he gave you the money..." The money isn't the point! :lol:

Punk's DVD is weak looking for the price tag of 25 dollars when I already have seven of the matches on DVD. That means I'll be buying the DVD for the following four matches:

Finals Match in the OVW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament
Brent Albright vs. CM Punk
Ohio Valley Wrestling 1st March, 2006

CM Punk vs. Justin Credible
ECW 1st August, 2006

World Tag Team Championship Match
CM Punk & Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase
RAW 27th October, 2008

WWE Championship Match
CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
Over the Limit 20th May, 2012
---

Sorry, but that isn't worth 25 bucks. Now Brock's new DVD? That's sure as hell worth it for 19 matches, even if I have a few on DVD already.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

You really have to learn to just keep your mouth shut or you're going to get yourself banned. I'm trying to help here.

Well thank you.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I just bought The Rock: The Most Elictrifying Man in Sports Entertainment. I got it on eBay brand new for $4. Talk about a steal.

Reaction score

Granted, the DVD loses some of it's value since some of the matches are on Blu-Ray now, but I remember quite digging the DVD. My only real criticism back in the day was the WWE hyping the fact that it included his debut match at the Survivor Series, but it was cut at the last minute. Even after the DVD was released, they were still showing the promo videos with mentions of that match. Luckily, they rectified that issue with Rock's Blu-Ray

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Granted, the DVD loses some of it's value since some of the matches are on Blu-Ray now, but I remember quite digging the DVD. My only real criticism back in the day was the WWE hyping the fact that it included his debut match at the Survivor Series, but it was cut at the last minute. Even after the DVD was released, they were still showing the promo videos with mentions of that match. Luckily, they rectified that issue with Rock's Blu-Ray

I wonder why they cut it?

Reaction score

Probably for the same reason they cut Bret Hart vs 1-2-3 Kid from Bret's DVD at the last minute...just to annoy me.

Castiel

Reaction score

Seems like a legit reason. "Fuck Jim, he doesn't get these matches!" - Vince McMahon

Didn't the Rock DVD have the documentary mixed in with the matches? I remember not liking that.

Reaction score

I don't recall it being much of a doc. Mostly just a quick summery before each match. Personally, I don't care about documentaries, so I prefer it when the WWE opts to just use the first disc for matches.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Seems like a legit reason. "Fuck Jim, he doesn't get these matches!" - Vince McMahon

Didn't the Rock DVD have the documentary mixed in with the matches? I remember not liking that.

That DVD was called The Rock: The Epic Journey of Journey Dwayne Johnson. I got The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainmemt which is a match compilation.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

The first one had one disc mostly for promos, and it had ALL the classics. Clearly a must buy just for that.