The Official Upcoming Wrestling DVDs Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: Wrestling DVD's Thread!

The listings for WWE: The Attitude Era on DVD and Blu-ray formats for November 2012 release have been removed from internal schedules for both the United States and Australia. This usually occurs when a title in question has been cancelled or postponed.

As of today, the majority of retail sites (such as here on Amazon) still have it listed for release but this is likely to change in the coming days. One such retail site, BestBuy.com, no longer have the standard versions available to pre-order.

The Attitude Era DVD was first revealed as going ahead back in July. A synopsis was published and a release date allocated, but artwork and content listings were yet to be released. Filming and production for the set will have already completed over the past couple of months.

However, as of late WWE and former CEO Linda McMahon have been under political fire amid the upcoming U.S. Senate election. The DVD was brought into question by Connecticut based newspaper The Journal Inquirer given the risqué footage attributed to the Attitude Era, and its November release time being so soon after the election. Prior to this, WWE made the call to remove certain footage from YouTube and other video sharing sites in order to “protect their corporate reputation from being mischaracterized in negative political agendas”.

We cannot confirm an outright cancellation at this stage, but the schedule removals at the very least suggest there will no Attitude Era DVD this year.

WWEDVDNews.com

It seems possible that they may have just gotten scared because someone realized the release date was right after the election was over and they could release it later but maybe it really is cancelled for good. Shame if so.

The Viper

Reaction score

FUCK ME!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THE WWE CANCELLED THE ATTITUDE ERA DVD!! I WANTED TO RELIVE THE GOOD TIMES OF THE WWE!! WHEN IT WASN'T PG!! WHEN ONLY ADULTS WERE WATCHING AND NOT THESE DUMB KIDS THAT KNOW NOTHING!!! FUUUUCCCCKKKK!! IDIOTS!!!

:inferno:

In all seriousness, it is upsetting that we might not get the DVD for a while, if ever but if they were gonna censor a good amount of the stuff because of this whole Linda situation, then maybe this is just a blessing in disguise. Hopefully later on, they'll release it.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

In all seriousness, it is upsetting that we might not get the DVD for a while, if ever but if they were gonna censor a good amount of the stuff because of this whole Linda situation, then maybe this is just a blessing in disguise. Hopefully later on, they'll release it.

This. If they can't do it properly right now, then they may as well not bother.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Can someone assassinate Linda McMahon already?

:Facepalm1:

Castiel

Reaction score

They did say the DVD would be rated PG to go along with their with their current business model or whatever but all the AE super fans wouldn't have checked the rating before buying it anyway.

The Viper

Reaction score

Apparently, the DVD/Blu-Ray will still be released as planned. Good news, though but like LB and I said, if they're gonna do it even slightly wrong, they shouldn't do it at all.

Many reports of the Attitude Era DVD being cancelled are now being claimed to be FALSE by WWE.
A WWE rep has told WrestlingInc that the title WILL be released on November 20th 2012 as planned on DVD & Blu-Ray.

WrestlingNewsSource

Reaction score

I don't get what's the big deal. I'll be shocked if the DVD isn't mostly just double dips.

The Viper

Reaction score

I don't get what's the big deal. I'll be shocked if the DVD isn't mostly just double dips.

I'd be shocked as well but what I wouldn't shocked by is if I don't have the majority of the matches already so it'd be brand new to me.

There's gonna be a documentary, though, no?

Reaction score

Idk, but if there is one, it's going to be things we've heard a thousand times in a million different WWE videos.

I just don't get the point of the DVD.

The Viper

Reaction score

Idk, but if there is one, it's going to be things we've heard a thousand times in a million different WWE videos.

I just don't get the point of the DVD.

.....and I don't get the point of your existence!!!!

:inferno:

Castiel

Reaction score

It'll probably have the same big moments as the Raw 15th Anniversary DVD, I liked that DVD. I remember watching it and seeing Jericho's world title win then having to give it up and it became a favorite moment of mine, seeing it on the DVD for the first time was like seeing it live because I was so shocked he actually won when I knew he didn't have a reign around that time.

Reaction score

I wasn't a fan of the Raw 15th Anniversary DVD. It's 2007 (At the time the DVD was released), why are you adding edited or JIP matches on your DVD? They eventually got it right with those Raw "The Beginning": The Best of Seasons 1 & 2 DVD's.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I've started a collection, a real collection. I've recently picked up these titles.

John Cena Word Life
The John Cena Expierence

The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Stone Cold Truth
Stone Cold: What?

Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen
The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection
The Definitive Ric Flair Collection

Triple H: The Game

The Rise and Fall of ECW

Bret Hart The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

The History of the Intercontinental Championship