The Curse of Chucky

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Yeah, this franchise is about to hit movie #6.

Exclusive Images From Curse of Chucky - IGN

It is set 20 years after the events of the first movie, and having never seen Seed of Chucky, I am curious about how he got rid of the scars he suffered at the end of the 3rd Child's Play, did he possess a new Good Guy Doll?

Anyone care to see this? As a fan of cheesy horror, I will probably check it out when its played on tv, or if it makes it on Crackle.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I was pretty much done after the 3rd one because like most horror movies Hollywood gets a hold they take away the scare tactics for my action type scenes. I did see Seed of Chucky and Bride of Chucky but both were utter garbage and I didn't like the directions the franchise was goin'. I think I'll probably avoid this new one at all costs.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
There was only 2 scenes in Bride of Chucky that were even remotely good. The opening scene with the confiscated items(including Jason's Hockey mask, Leatherface's Chainsaw, & Freddie's glove), and the nail bomb, when Chucky laughs and says "He reminds me of somebody I know" referring to Pinhead from Hellraiser. It was why I actually didn't watch Seed.

As I don't know anything outside of that IGN report, I cant say for sure, but this could be that reboot that was being discussed a few years ago. If they just go ahead and ignore the events of the last 2 movies, or possibly even just go off the story from the first one(the pics do show what appears to be an undamaged Good Guy Doll), then maybe a new direction could change my mind on the franchise. All I can say for sure is, I wont be spending money to see this.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If they are rebooting the series, I'll wait until they announce who plays Andy before I decide anything else. I mean honestly the first 3 films weren't great but they were totally the kind of niche movie I enjoy to watch. If they got better actors and actually decide to keep it more Horror than Action then it may actually turn out better.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I know ts been more than 20 years since the first film(25 actually, but they could always bring back the original Andy(Alex Vincent from 1 & 2), that is, if Andy is even in the movie.

According to IMDB, it follows the events of Child's Play 3, so Bride & Seed are gone. But still does not explain a near mint Good Guy Doll.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Stopped caring about this franchise after they started introducing comedy into the character, I hated that stupid doll for spouting catchphrases before he kills, just ruins the originality of the first movie.

Rather get a movie based of the real possessed doll the concept was taken from tbh.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
From what I've read, the movie doesn't have an Andy. It's about a girl. The girl is Brad Douriff's daughter (Brad is the voice in all Chucky movies). I heard the same about it being after 3 which is by far the worst of the series. I had a lot of fun with Bride and Seed. They were great cheese movies much like a lot of horror franchises eventually go. It's same guy who wrote all the Chucky movies so this can be good and bad. He says he's staying strictly horror and not comedy so we'll see how that goes.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Its a killer doll, there really should be some inherent comedy in just that fact alone.
[MENTION=71]deezy[/MENTION], you talking about My Buddy/Kid Sister Dolls?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Yeah, but there is such a thing as too much comedy. I hated Bride of Chucky personally. Just couldn't get into it. The first one is the only one I truly care about.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
[MENTION=71]deezy[/MENTION], you talking about My Buddy/Kid Sister Dolls?

No, it was this doll called Robert or something given to a kid from a former slave that is supposed to be possessed and people who piss it off get haunted or something, saw it on William Shatner's Weird or What?

I don't think a killer doll should have comedy infused in it, they killed the franchise by infusing camp into it. It's a voodoo killer doll, if the technology is there to keep it from looking silly, I say go all out and keep it serious.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Personally I cant take killer dolls seriously, I mean you can just kick them across the room and run, even the fatties could run faster than a 3' doll. Demonic Toys, Puppet Master, Child's Play, Gremlins, Critters, and Leprechaun all had the same comedic value to me just from that.

Although I am now wanting to see that episode of Weird or What?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Personally I cant take killer dolls seriously, I mean you can just kick them across the room and run, even the fatties could run faster than a 3' doll. Demonic Toys, Puppet Master, Child's Play, Gremlins, Critters, and Leprechaun all had the same comedic value to me just from that.

Although I am now wanting to see that episode of Weird or What?

I once got into a fight with a little person, put up a pretty good fight tbh. He didn't go across the room is what I'm saying.

I think a serious tone could be used for a Chucky movie, just need to make sure the character itself doens't look goofy, this is what all the movies you mentioned had in common, the shitty 80s makeup made the movie dead on arrival.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I once got into a fight with a little person, put up a pretty good fight tbh. He didn't go across the room is what I'm saying.

I think a serious tone could be used for a Chucky movie, just need to make sure the character itself doens't look goofy, this is what all the movies you mentioned had in common, the shitty 80s makeup made the movie dead on arrival.

A little person would have a lot more weight than a "possessed doll", it would weigh the same as my cousins My Buddy, or maybe Teddy Rupskin which would go across the room easily. Its pathetically funny people get killed by them, and that is actually where I find the entertainment value in any of those films.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Think I'd be scared if Teddy Ruxpin tried to stab me tbh.

Reactions: 1 person