Tensai ,, Austin , Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Shit. JayDee appears out of thin air and drops some knowledge on Viper's ass. Bravo.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
I don't know about wrestling, but I know sports injuries. You're never exactly 100% after an injury, never. You may get back to a point where you're feeling 100%, and you're playing or performing at as high a level as before, but your susceptibility for reinjury is much greater.

It may be the case that Steve Austin has one great match left in him, but is it really worth the risk? He's nowhere near 100% regardless of what he says.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm sure you all thought that was hilarious. No it didn't shut me up. I never knew that you had to be a wrestler to know about wrestling.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm sure you all thought that was hilarious. No it didn't shut me up. I never knew that you had to be a wrestler to know about wrestling.

We're not talking about wrestling ViperRKO, we're talking about injuries and how you're never fully recovered from them. From Jay Dee's and Nova's personal experience and the story I was telling you about my knee, you have to understand that we know what we're talking about.

Whether he says so or not, Steve Austin's neck is NOT as good as it was before it was broken and that's the bottom line because Fuji said so.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
We're not talking about wrestling ViperRKO, we're talking about injuries and how you're never fully recovered from them. From Jay Dee's and Nova's personal experience and the story I was telling you about my knee, you have to understand that we know what we're talking about.

Whether he says so or not, Steve Austin's neck is NOT as good as it was before it was broken and that's the bottom line because Fuji said so.

When I was 7 I fell off my bike and broke my wrist so badly that the bone was sticking out of my skin. I don't feel it at all today. I get that not all injuries heal completely but some do and one match with somebody as skilled as CM Punk won't kill him. After rehabbing his neck for 8 years, he can go one more time with Punk.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
When I was 7 I fell off my bike and broke my wrist so badly that the bone was sticking out of my skin. I don't feel it at all today. I get that not all injuries heal completely but some do and one match with somebody as skilled as CM Punk won't kill him. After rehabbing his neck for 8 years, he can go one more time with Punk.
If you just compared a broken wrist to a broken neck I don't really know what else to say to you......

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If you just compared a broken wrist to a broken neck I don't really know what else to say to you......

You fucking compared your knee to his neck. And what about Kurt Angle. He won the Olympic gold medal with a broken neck and he's still wrestling today.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You fucking compared your knee to his neck. And what about Kurt Angle. He won the Olympic gold medal with a broken neck and he's still wrestling today.

I never compared, merely pointed out I still felt pain in my knee. You see, I'm not dumb enough to compare a knee to a neck. Using Kurt Angle is hardly a good example because Angle suffered a fractured neck, not a broken one, and certainly didn't suffer temporary paralysis as Stone Cold did. As well, I believe someone else pointed out that Austin's knees are totally fucked as well, but of course you'll probably counter that by saying "who gives a fuck about his health, I want to see him in a match even though he's a shell of his former self".

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I never compared, merely pointed out I still felt pain in my knee. You see, I'm not dumb enough to compare a knee to a neck. Using Kurt Angle is hardly a good example because Angle suffered a fractured neck, not a broken one, and certainly didn't suffer temporary paralysis as Stone Cold did. As well, I believe someone else pointed out that Austin's knees are totally fucked as well, but of course you'll probably counter that by saying "who gives a fuck about his health, I want to see him in a match even though he's a shell of his former self".

Of course I give a fuck about his health. I'm merely stating that I don't think one more match will do any harm but if he really doesn't feel like he can do it then fine.

Jay Dee

Reaction score
That is because you were 7. under the age of 14 a persons bones will heal almost perfectly, in your case this has happened. Its when you injure yourself later in life that injuries stay with you.

And by the way, even CM Punk botches, he goes in that little bit too hard with some moves, especially at big occasions because the adrenaline gets to him, as it would to anybody. I have seen a few times wrestlers with a bleeding mouth because of a too stiff knee or kick. And austin would also be very wary of the GTS, a high impact move which if it goes wrong can cause whiplash.

As you may or may not know whiplash has caused people to be off work for months at a time, and that was with no previous injuries. Whiplash for Austin, it could mean being in a wheelchair for a year, especially with previous paralysis from neck injury

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah I know whiplash is when your neck is thrown violently. I understand that it can keep you out of action for a long time. But like I said, accidents like that don't happen often.

W-olf

Reaction score
As well, I believe someone else pointed out that Austin's knees are totally fucked as well,

Hyperextended I think its called.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I consider Punk a safe opponent. I don't often agree with ViperRKO, but int his case, I don't see why he shouldn't return. If he doesn't want to return, I won't blame him, but WWE shouldn't prevent him from working one more send-off match if he was down for it. If I had to trust anyone with Austin's livelihood, it would probably be Punk, because not only does he generalyl know what he's doing but he also holds a deep respect for Austin that I believe would lead him to be careful with The Rattlesnake. Anyways, Punk does have an alternate finisher, in the anaconda vice. The way I see it, Austin could just block the GTS, leading to Punk having to resort to the vice instead. It works because it makes it seem like WWE wasn't afraid to throw the GTS out there, and it also prevents any potential injury. Also, it doesn't even need to be a 30 minute classic like people are expecting out of Triple H vs. Taker or Cena vs. Rock. If they book it at, say, The Royal Rumble, then there can be a nice 3 month build and it can be a co-main event, with a bigger, longer, match to suffice for what could be a fairly good 15-minute match between these two. That way, it's not a grueling battle, and it's safe for SCSA.