Teen has stomach removed after drinking Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
ninemsn said:
Doctors have removed an English teenager's stomach to save her life after she drank a cocktail made with liquid nitrogen.

Gaby Scanlon was rushed to hospital and diagnosed with a perforated stomach on Thursday after reporting breathlessness and severe pain.

Police are now working with the wine bar in Lancaster where Ms Scanlon had the drink while celebrating her 18th birthday, ITV News reports.
"The investigation is still in its early stages and we are still interviewing witnesses to establish the full facts," a Lancashire police spokeswoman said.

"The premises involved have fully cooperated with all agencies and have suspended drinks involving liquid nitrogen."

The Lancashire teen is now in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

Management from Oscar's wine bar said they were "tremendously concerned" for the teenager.

Liquid nitrogen freezes anything it comes in contact with.

It can cause serious cold burns and should not be inhaled or ingested, authorities have warned.

I know that liquid nitrogen is used in high end restaurants as it is a great way to make something like icecream without allowing any ice crystals to form in the icecream but this is the first time I have ever heard it being used in a drink. When I read the headline I thought that it was a dare at a party and not a cocktail being served at an actual bar. Seems incredibly irresponsible and I am amazed that someone actually came up with the idea to make a drink out of it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I assumed it was just a dare of sorts when I read the title as well, never thought it was served to him. That's crazy.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If you don't know how dangerous Liquid Nitrogen can be when you are old enough to drink....

Too easy.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
As someone who has been out in Lancaster, this isn't surprising. A strange part of the world, with a lot of weird people who go to the uni there.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I can't even imagine what jackass in any walks of life could fathom how drinking something that dangerous could even be a remotely good idea.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
I'm sure in incredibly small doses it's fine.

Chances are her stomach was already messed up and the nitrogen just excacerbated a larger issue.

Pete

Reaction score
I saw this earlier and I thought...who the FUCK drinks LIQUID NITROGEN?!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Who in the right mind would choose to drink something like that? Even in a cocktail... you have to be absolutely crazy. That stuff can tear your insides to shreds.

TheZig

Reaction score
At -193C its not exactly the best option to add to a drink, Even if it adds a Dramatic effect to your cocktail you won't catch me drinking that shit.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
An episode of Hell's Kitchen had a team of chefs that came in and cooked using liquid nitrogen, and the movement is becoming rather large.

Molecular gastronomy Chef José Andrés serves “nitro caipirinha” at Bar Centro in Los Angeles. The “nitro caipirinha” is made at the table by freezing a delicious caipirinha using liquid nitrogen. The end result is caipirinha slush with very high alcoholic content.

yield: 12 to 15 cocktails

INGREDIENTS

Mix:
748 grams lime wedges
½ cup fresh lime juice
750 milliliters cachaça
1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
Zest of 3 ½ limes
3 ¼ cups water

Garnish:
Fresh tarragon leaves
Edible flowers
Lime zest

METHOD

For the Mix:
Muddle the limes very gently. Add the lime juice and the sugar and stir to incorporate well. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to incorporate. Let the mixtures sit for 20 minutes and strain before using.

To Assemble and Serve:
Freeze the caipirinha mix with liquid nitrogen. Garnish with fresh tarragon leaves, edible flowers, and additional lime zest.

>that was one recipe I found rather quickly by searching "Edible Recipes with Liquid Nitrogen"

Pete

Reaction score
What part of "NITRO" (as in NITROglycerin, as in FUCKING DYNAMITE!) does not sound dangerous to these people? :huh:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Nitrogleceryn(NG) & Nitrogen(N2) are not the same thing, as Nitrogen is used as part of the chemical reaction that creates Nitrogleceryn.

Nitrogen is also an essential part of human life, being part of Amino & Nucleic Acids.