summer transfer window thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
apparently madrid have made an improved bid of £105m for gareth bale if true WTF! Really take it and run spurs they could do wonders with the team with that if they reject it then they'll never get him

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I reckon Ronaldo will go to United next season.

Same. Or they lose him for free the year after.

This season doesn't seem likely, but hey, The Sun is saying it'll happen on August 8th. I don't see United going SO hard for Fabregas if they know Ronaldo is coming back, but I'm hopeful they do their best to snag Ronaldo. I don't see him and Bale working either to be honest. All players like that need to be the top scorer and don't want to be second fiddle. You can't have them BOTH having the free role, like Ronaldo has had at Madrid for the last two or so seasons and Bale had at Spurs last season. Something has to give.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
^This. Someone has to give. We've seen it all too many times before. Messi and Ronaldhino springs to mind. You can't have two guys playing the same role.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Same. Or they lose him for free the year after.

This season doesn't seem likely, but hey, The Sun is saying it'll happen on August 8th. I don't see United going SO hard for Fabregas if they know Ronaldo is coming back, but I'm hopeful they do their best to snag Ronaldo. I don't see him and Bale working either to be honest. All players like that need to be the top scorer and don't want to be second fiddle. You can't have them BOTH having the free role, like Ronaldo has had at Madrid for the last two or so seasons and Bale had at Spurs last season. Something has to give.
Ronaldo till 2018 Mark.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Anyway, I don't see Ronaldo leaving this summer either. I can see him getting a new contract with a raise, but it doesn't change anything. He'll leave next season or the year after definitely. An extension only ensures he plays this season, and that the team who takes him will have to pay more than the significantly dampened fee they'd have to pay if Ronaldo was only on one year left. Him extending his contract means absolutely nothing regarding him leaving Real Madrid. I doubt many thought he was going to leave THIS season, but it's definitely a possibility next summer.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Soldado passed his medical so he is set for Tottenham now for reals.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Good signing for Spurs. Can see Spurs ripping teams apart with the likes of Soldado, Defoe and Bale, if he stays.

Also, why do Sky Sports even take Marca as a reliable source of information? They just seem to want to take every transfer rumour and spice it up to bits if it benefits a spanish club or degrades an english club.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He's Spanish, he'll be awful. Spanish footballers are so terribly lightweight it's incredible.

Hasn't stopped players like Mata from being great in the PL.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
according to some guy on twitter man utd have agreed a fee with everton to sign leon osman not sure how reliable they are unless its confirmed im calling bs