summer transfer window thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What Crayo said, Real don't get loans from the banks anymore so to afford the fee for Bale they would have to loosen that money from somewhere else in the organization.

31m potentially for Higuain to Napoli will make a large chunk towards it

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Tottenham's facebook just revealed that Nacer Chadli just passed his medical so he is now official. Expected to join the Spurs for a trip to Monaco.

Now if they could just get a striker.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah, he's not going to be revolutionary for the team. But a nice piece of the puzzle. Maybe something that can be groomed over time. But I ain't expecting miracles from him.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Not up to date on the youth squad (Very little coverage of British youth footy here and I have not thought of following the squad). Any players down there in particular you'd bring up that I should keep an eye on?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
IIRC - they're not in the reserve league any more (they get loaned out), so no one sees coverage of your youth team in action, but your youth players won the Eurofoot semi-recently. There was a show on about them and I think they're winning honours at really youth level (u16's or something).

As for players to look out for: Tom Carroll (top prospect; youth international iirc), Obika, and Harry Kane. I think they're all England u19 internationals. Carroll and Obika though look very promising. Besides, you have players like Jake Livermore who looks great, Townsend, etc, your midfield is pretty stacked tbh.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
norwich have signed gary hooper from celtic their the team to watch next season now imo hope he finally gets into the england team now

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You overrate him imo. Team to watch? Nah, just a good poacher striker. Not close to being on Rooney's level, Welback's level, or Sturridge's level. Or Defoe's for that matter.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
You overrate him imo. Team to watch? Nah, just a good poacher striker. Not close to being on Rooney's level, Welback's level, or Sturridge's level. Or Defoe's for that matter.
We will see i think he deserve a chance at least in the england team norwich have signed some decent players in fer, hooper and van wolfswinkel thats why i think there the team to watch

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
We will see i think he deserve a chance at least in the england team norwich have signed some decent players in fer, hooper and van wolfswinkel thats why i think there the team to watch

Add Redmond as well, and currently having yet again some hot rumours surfacing about Toby Alderwiereld and Fabio Quagliarella, if either or both of those two come to Carrow Raod as well, i think we may suprise a lot of people, some bookies have had us as 4th favourites to go down, so what Tgill says from that perspective is correct as being a team to watch as more than likely to outperform most peoples expectations of us

As for Hooper, I think many people will be suprised at how acomplished he can be, I know what you are saying Crayo, and kind of agree, apart from Welbeck, in my own eyes he just isn't good enough to be classed as an England striker

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Media seem to want Gareth Bale to go to Real, they're making more of a fuss than Gareth himself. In fact, they're making more of a fuss than Luka Modric did last year. My message to Bale? Don't go. Spurs can get 4th place or more this year, and the team can only improve. Look at 2010/11. The squad's much better now and look at what he can do. Spurs will be the underdog team in the UCL like in 2010/11 and those underdog victories are better than the dominant ones. :booker: