summer transfer window thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
A fee of £21.6million has been agreed between the two clubs for the services of the 22-year-old midfielder and he will sign a four-year deal once a medical has been completed.
Thiago had reportedly been a target for Manchester United but has elected to team up with former Barca coach Pep Guardiola at the current champions of Europe.
Guardiola had made the acquisition one of his priorities this summer as he looks to build ahead of his debut season in charge of the Bavarian giants.
The transfer agreement also includes a commitment to hold a friendly game between the two clubs at some point by 2017.
A short statement from Barcelona read: "FC Barcelona and FC Bayern Munich have reached an agreement over the transfer of the player Thiago Alcantara to the German club for a total of 25 million (euros).
"This agreement also includes holding a friendly match between the two teams, which will be played in the next four years."

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has declared Kaka is staying at the club next season and believes the former Ballon d'Or winner can return to his best.
In the four years the Brazilian has spent at Madrid, Kaka has failed to meet the expectations which stemmed from his 62million euro (£53.5million) transfer from AC Milan in 2009.
He started just 14 games in all competitions last season and further question marks about his future have been raised since the club signed attacking midfielder Isco.
Speaking during an interview with Gol Caracol de Colombia, Perez defended the signing of Kaka, pointing to the player's marketing appeal. He also highlighted the difficult circumstances he has had to cope with at Madrid, and said he hopes he will experience a resurgence in form next season, when he will get the chance to work again with Carlo Ancelotti, his former coach at Milan.
He said: "Kaka is a phenomenon, but he got injured in the last World Cup and had to have an operation on his knee.
"Then [Mesut] Ozil arrived and took his place in the team from him, but he is still one of the greats of the game. He is the second most followed footballer on Twitter, after Cristiano Ronaldo.
"He is charming and excites the fans. I'm optimistic that, under Ancelotti, who knows him very well, he can be the same magical Kaka again that we signed."
On Friday, Madrid completed the signing of 23-year-old Asier Illarramendi from Real Sociedad, the fourth player under the age of 24 that Madrid have bought this summer.
The president explained why Madrid have looked to youth.
"We have signed young players that are hungry to achieve and that's vital so that our established players don't get too comfortable. That mix of youth and experience will raise the team's quality," Perez said.
And he looked forward to the new season with Ancelotti in charge, adding: "We are beginning a new era after Mourinho's departure. We have another coach, who is also very demanding, and we are very excited."

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
What about this?
tletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo believes his club have got a bargain after agreeing a cut-price deal with Barcelona for Spain striker David Villa.
Atletico will pay Barca an initial 2.1million euros for the 31-year-old - Spain's record all-time goalscorer - rising to 5.1m euros if he sees out the entirety of a three-year deal.
"Many Spanish and foreign teams would have sacrificed a lot to have Villa in their squads and we have paid a very low price for him, so we're very pleased about that," Cerezo told Radio Nacional de Espana.
"The most important factor in the deal was that we have wanted to sign Villa for a long time and that's why we're so happy. We wanted to sign him when he went to Valencia from Zaragoza, and now he belongs to us."
Villa started less than half of Barcelona's league games last season, scoring 10 goals, but Cerezo is convinced he still has a lot to give.
He said: "Villa still has many seasons left in football. He is a natural goalscorer. We are expecting great things from him because he is one of the key players in the Spain team. We expect him to score many goals."
Atletico finished third in La Liga last season thanks in no small part to the 28 goals scored by Radamel Falcao, who has since left to join big-spending Monaco.
But it appears Cerezo is satisfied Villa can fill the void and does not plan to spend further on the likes of attacking midfielder Diego, a former Atletico loanee who is back at Wolfsburg.
"It will be very difficult for Diego to come here, I would say in this moment that it's impossible," he said.
"I don't know who will be the next to arrive, the important thing is to maintain the team we have."

Thought it was a joke I mean come on 5M..

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Real Madrid have signed midfielder Asier Illarramendi from Real Sociedad after agreeing to pay the buy-out clause in his contract.
The Spanish giants clearly see the 23-year-old as their long term replacement for Xabi Alonso in the defensive midfield role and will pay £32.8m to bring him to the Bernabeu.
A Real statement read: "Real Madrid have signed Asier Illarramendi, who is now tied to the club for the next six seasons.
"The player will be presented tomorrow (Saturday) after undergoing the relevant medical tests."
Illarramendi was a key man at Sociedad last term, helping the San Sebastian club finish fourth and secure a Champions League berth, before playing every match as Spain U21s won the European Championship this summer.
"It hasn't been an easy decision," he said. "It has been very difficult for me to decide, because Real Sociedad have given me so much.
"I was on holiday when we started to hear about the interest from Real Madrid. There were contacts, we mulled it over, and we came to the conclusion that it was an offer we couldn't refuse. It's a unique opportunity.
"I thank the board, the academy coaches, the backroom staff and my team-mates (at Sociedad). I wish them all the best, this club will achieve great things."
Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay added: "This morning the LFP (Liga de Futbol Profesional) called to tell us that Real Madrid have activated Illarramendi's buyout clause.
"We have a very important year ahead of us with a young coach (Jagoba Arrasate) and we wanted all our players to stay.
"We told Real Madrid that we wouldn't negotiate, and we said the same thing to Asier and his agents. We fought very hard for him to stay and it's been a difficult few days.
"We wish him all the best and hope he doesn't forget his time at La Real."
Illarramendi is Madrid's fourth signing of the summer, following his fellow Spaniards Isco and Dani Carvajal, who joined from Malaga and Bayer Leverkusen respectively, while Brazilian midfielder Casemiro made his loan move permanent.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Man Utd have apparently made a 25m bid for Cesc Fabregas, due to the nature of his move from Arsenal to Barca, if the offer is accepted then Arsenal get first refusal on the playere at the same price

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
man utd have rejected a player plus cash offer for wayne rooney they offered either juan mata or david luiz as part of the deal id of ripped there hand off if i was man utd thats a bargin imo id of taken mata thoughts on this?

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
man utd have rejected a player plus cash offer for wayne rooney they offered either juan mata or david luiz as part of the deal id of ripped there hand off if i was man utd thats a bargin imo id of taken mata thoughts on this?

They refused David Luiz? :mog:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The player deal is apparently not true (Sky Sports), but if it were true, I'd take Mata for Rooney even without money. Don't need Luiz; very talented defender though.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
update: chelsea have confirmed they made a bid but it didn't include either mata or luiz which was rejected they will return with an improved offer