summer transfer window thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Ah makes sense, I know nothing about him beyond his name sounds oddly awesome.

This helps:

Very forward-thinking CDM like Toure is to be honest. I thought City would go out and purchase a real tough CDM similar to Javi Martinez. They miss the option of Nigel De Jong as odd as that sounds imo.

And yeah his name is freaking awesome lmao :D

Reactions: seabs

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Ha-ha, You're not the only one. That's the image that everyone has been tweeting around so I posted it. (Too lazy to change) Hopefully we can hurry and get Pellegrini appointed. Don't know what's holding the deal up. And then look into selling & buying a couple more players, If Pellegrini plays the way everyone is expecting him to play I don't think we really need to buy any more players. A lot of speculation that we're after Di Maria, Pepe, El shaarawy. But I'm saying it's pure speculation really. I guess if we need another player I say we need a new CB. But apart from that our Midfield is pretty strong. Fernandinho, Garcia, Rodwell, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Navas, plenty to choose from. Strong rumors that Tevez is off to Juventus for £11 million. And we're trying to offload Dzeko to Napoli in exchange for Cavani but I think he'll join Mourinho at Chelsea so maybe a new Striker to Partner Aguero? But who's decen't and Available? Higuain? Pellegrini played him regulary in his 2009-2010 season and he scored 27 goals. Maybe he could get the same return at City?

No idea what's with the delay also. Pellegrini clearly wants to go to City, and City clearly want him. He's being seen as the God of nice football by City fans, but I think they've forgotten his failures at the bigger clubs. He did succeed at Malaga and in football one good job really changes your career. I hope he succeeds though, I like him. Your midfield is leagues ahead of everyone else in the BPL, it's crazy. Compare yours to United's and you wonder how the hell you didn't dominate the ball more this year. You would be fools to get rid of Dzeko imo.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He did well at Villareal also didn't he plus any other year would have probably won the title with Madrid.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
No idea what's with the delay also. Pellegrini clearly wants to go to City, and City clearly want him. He's being seen as the God of nice football by City fans, but I think they've forgotten his failures at the bigger clubs. He did succeed at Malaga and in football one good job really changes your career. I hope he succeeds though, I like him. Your midfield is leagues ahead of everyone else in the BPL, it's crazy. Compare yours to United's and you wonder how the hell you didn't dominate the ball more this year. You would be fools to get rid of Dzeko imo.

Me personally I thought Pellegrini is/was holding out for the PSG job? I can only think that's the only reason why he's not been appointed yet? I'm a big fan of Dzeko he scores plenty of goals & is brilliant at holding the ball up. But with all the rumors about his future away from the club I can only see him leaving. Which would be a massive mistake on our part. Plus with Tevez leaving that means we'll have 2 proven strikers.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He did well at Villareal also didn't he plus any other year would have probably won the title with Madrid.
Did well at Villareal but their team was v good then iirc. Still doesn't take away their 2007 season. I personally think Madrid were playing pretty ugly football when Pellegrini was in charge, and that's the main reason he was dismissed, but then again it's really hard to change anything about Real Madrid due to their shitty backstage policies and stuff. He did really well with Malaga too in the CL to be fair. I'm not sure how he became the face of good football though; probably just because he's an experienced manager in La Liga lol. I do like him, which makes it annoying considering he's going to my rivals :(.

Btw, City loves employing people with nice hair right?

3OQ76mN.jpg

Me personally I thought Pellegrini is/was holding out for the PSG job? I can only think that's the only reason why he's not been appointed yet? I'm a big fan of Dzeko he scores plenty of goals & is brilliant at holding the ball up. But with all the rumors about his future away from the club I can only see him leaving. Which would be a massive mistake on our part. Plus with Tevez leaving that means we'll have 2 proven strikers.

Really? Not sure why he'd want that job over City. Maybe less pressure. Anyway yeah I agree if those two go you'll need a new striker. Not sure who though if you can't get Cavani. Higuain seems set for Arsenal.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Really? Not sure why he'd want that job over City. Maybe less pressure. Anyway yeah I agree if those two go you'll need a new striker. Not sure who though if you can't get Cavani. Higuain seems set for Arsenal.

Probably less pressure, Easier league maybe? Don't know how easy the Ligue 1 is but I'm pretty sure it'll be easier than the Premier-League? If Cavani goes to Chelsea and Higuain goes to Arsenal I have absolutely no idea. David Villa could be a cheap option and I'm pretty sure he'd prefer to join us rather than Tottenham who are interested in him, possibly Lewandowski? Dortmund have said they won't sell him to Bayern?

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Pellegrini deal is being delayed because apparently he hasn't been paid for 2 months. If he goes 3 months without being paid we don't have to pay compensation. (Daily Mirror)

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Croatian international defender Dejan Lovren signs for @SouthamptonFC from Lyon on a four-year contract

In a story which was revealed by Sky Sports sources earlier today, Sao Paulo have completed the permanent signing of midfielder Denilson following his release byArsenal.

We brought you the story yesterday of Barcelona claiming to have assurances Victor Valdes would see out the final year of his contract. The goalkeeper has now confirmed he will honour the final 12 months of his deal before leaving.

Sunderland will not rival Hull City, who are managed by their former boss – Steve Bruce, for the signing of Galatasaray striker Johan Elmander, reports the Shields Gazette. Elmander is well known in the Premier League after his time with Bolton Wanderers. :phew:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stickied.

Bet you're so glad Elmander isn't coming to Sunderland lmao. The dude is crap. Lovren is a decent defender, not a bad signing for Southampton. Denilson going to Sau Paulo - the best Brazilian team atm - is rather shocking.

Lol Valdes :lol1:. Most overrated piece of trash keeper I've ever seen.

Also, not posting this just to annoy you, but the Mignolet to Liverpool transfer looks likely for this year or next. Reina seems to be the keeper Barcelona want to replace Valdes with, and naturally Liverpool would need to replace Reina.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Stickied.

Bet you're so glad Elmander isn't coming to Sunderland lmao. The dude is crap. Lovren is a decent defender, not a bad signing for Southampton. Denilson going to Sau Paulo - the best Brazilian team atm - is rather shocking.

Lol Valdes :lol1:. Most overrated piece of trash keeper I've ever seen.

Also, not posting this just to annoy you, but the Mignolet to Liverpool transfer looks likely for this year or next. Reina seems to be the keeper Barcelona want to replace Valdes with, and naturally Liverpool would need to replace Reina.

Mignolet....? Good enough.... for a top 6 side...?? Never!

Yeah, it's inevitable he'll leave sooner or later, as long as we sign him to a new deal and we can get at least £8m for him though I'll be happy. Because with our new approach, £8m can get us a lot.

Reactions: Crayo