summer transfer window thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
New signing for United the 20 year old Guillermo Varela from Penarol Montelivo Uruguay

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully this thread will blow up in July/August when teams go Transfer crazy. :jeritroll:

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Also- Jesus Navas completed his move to us for £14.8 million. I watch La Liga from time to time so I've seen quite a bit of Navas. He's pretty fast and will add a ton of width for us. He literally hogs the line. Hopefully we can announce Pellegrini as manager and sign Isco as well.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Also- Jesus Navas completed his move to us for £14.8 million. I watch La Liga from time to time so I've seen quite a bit of Navas. He's pretty fast and will add a ton of width for us. He literally hogs the line. Hopefully we can announce Pellegrini as manager and sign Isco as well.

He's going to need to drastically change the way you play to get Navas to fit in, since City are all about small cute passes through the middle. It's why Sinclair and Johnson couldn't get a look in before.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
He's going to need to drastically change the way you play to get Navas to fit in, since City are all about small cute passes through the middle. It's why Sinclair and Johnson couldn't get a look in before.

Indeed, from what i've seen/heard about Pellegrini's style of play is that he plays 4-2-2-2 with the wide players often drifting in. This is the tactic been floated around the interwebs.

brSCKeK.jpg

I would however wish he'd play 4-2-3-1 (Which I think he will now we've signed Navas) with Silva just behind the Striker and possibly Isco & Navas outwide.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
4-2-2-2 with the wide men coming in is exactly how you played under Mancini with 4-2-3-1, which is effectively the same system. People look into formations too much imo. I lol'd that Fernandinho is the CDM in that screenshot by the way.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Quick question:

Isco, Navas or Thiago Alcantara?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
4-2-2-2 with the wide men coming in is exactly how you played under Mancini with 4-2-3-1, which is effectively the same system. People look into formations too much imo. I lol'd that Fernandinho is the CDM in that screenshot by the way.

Isn't that his role as a deep lying playmaker?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Isn't that his role as a deep lying playmaker?

Yep, but that screenshot more or less leaves him left on his own back there. He's more the playmaker while his partner helps him be that playmaker. They would be countered SO hard in that screenshot setup imo.

Them signing him more or less confirms a system change imo. Wouldn't be surprised if City perhaps explored 4-3-3.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yep, but that screenshot more or less leaves him left on his own back there. He's more the playmaker while his partner helps him be that playmaker. They would be countered SO hard in that screenshot setup imo.

Them signing him more or less confirms a system change imo. Wouldn't be surprised if City perhaps explored 4-3-3.

Ah makes sense, I know nothing about him beyond his name sounds oddly awesome.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score

Ha-ha, You're not the only one. That's the image that everyone has been tweeting around so I posted it. (Too lazy to change) Hopefully we can hurry and get Pellegrini appointed. Don't know what's holding the deal up. And then look into selling & buying a couple more players, If Pellegrini plays the way everyone is expecting him to play I don't think we really need to buy any more players. A lot of speculation that we're after Di Maria, Pepe, El shaarawy. But I'm saying it's pure speculation really. I guess if we need another player I say we need a new CB. But apart from that our Midfield is pretty strong. Fernandinho, Garcia, Rodwell, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Navas, plenty to choose from. Strong rumors that Tevez is off to Juventus for £11 million. And we're trying to offload Dzeko to Napoli in exchange for Cavani but I think he'll join Mourinho at Chelsea so maybe a new Striker to Partner Aguero? But who's decen't and Available? Higuain? Pellegrini played him regulary in his 2009-2010 season and he scored 27 goals. Maybe he could get the same return at City?