summer transfer window thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He's a deeplying playmaker isn't he? Silva plays attacking as does Tevez and Nasri plays out left doesn't he? He'll sit behind them in a five man midfield, probably replacing the GOAT Bareth Gary

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Also how the fuck is this fitting into FFP? I mean City not being in Europe would be so much missed hilarity again.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It baffles me that they got another midfielder though.

Toure, Silva, Nasri, Milner (lol), Tevez plays in that role sometimes. Where does he go?
I think tevez will be off this summer there also after isco apparently where is he gunna if so? They have way too many midfielders they also have barry garcia rodwell sinclair plus navas on the way they just spend for the sake of it

Reactions: Crayo

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I think tevez will be off this summer there also after isco apparently where is he gunna if so? They have way too many midfielders they also have barry garcia rodwell sinclair plus navas on the way they just spend for the sake of it

Yep it's monopolysing the market so other teams can't get the players, like Madrid did around 2000 take Steve McNamamanaman for example.

Reactions: Crayo

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yep it's monopolysing the market so other teams can't get the players, like Madrid did around 2000 take Steve McNamamanaman for example.
Remember when they signed thomas graverson and julien faubert(sp) on loan from west ham got to be the strangest signings ever lol

Anyway yes it is the one player they shouldn't sell is dzeko he's there best striker imo can see him being pushed out though for cavani if they get him

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Nah City can't do that, regardless of whether they're owned by their own company or whatever. They didn't spend much last year I don't think. Not sure though, but £32m on a player that hasn't proven himself in the big leagues - or internationals - that is 28 years old baffles me. That is more or less the same price Bayern are playing for one of the hottest midfielders in the world who is just 20. I'm really against buying big names to dominate the market, so big teams can't get them. Lame.

This summer is going to be like a summer a few years ago, where every single team invests big.

Bayern - Gotze, looks like Lewandowski, and maybe more.
Barca - Monster fee for Neymar, and maybe more.
Real Madrid - Looks like another huge spending spree for them this year.
Man City - bought Navas and Fernandinho already, more to come probably.
Chelsea - Already looking to spend big on Shurlle or w.e it's spelt, Hulk too maybe, and maybe more.
Arsenal - Have £120m to spend...
Monaco - Fuck off Monaco
PSG - same applies
Man Utd - We have said we're not going to spend big, but are rumoured for every big name in the boat. I reckon with everyone else spending big, we might too. Only for a Ronaldo or a Bale though imo.

I'm a much bigger fan on investing in youth though. English football - actual English players - will continue to get worse if this continues to happen. A lot of countries are struggling, except for Germany and Spain - the two leagues where their national players dominate the big teams.