Sting drops hints he may have signed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
It needs to be a best of series culminating at WM31. Do The Great American Bash, SummerSlam, Extreme Rules, Royal Rumble & Mania, gives both men enough time to put together great matches, with enough variety to make each match different(Standard rules, Casket Match, Buried Alive, Street Fight, HiaC).

This way Sting can get a couple wins in, but still not go over in the feud.

Fuck it, I would even love the idea of explaining The Shield attack on Taker last year as Sting being the one who they take orders from.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It needs to be a best of series culminating at WM31. Do The Great American Bash, SummerSlam, Extreme Rules, Royal Rumble & Mania, gives both men enough time to put together great matches, with enough variety to make each match different(Standard rules, Casket Match, Buried Alive, Street Fight, HiaC).

This way Sting can get a couple wins in, but still not go over in the feud.

Fuck it, I would even love the idea of explaining The Shield attack on Taker last year as Sting being the one who they take orders from.

Its a decent idea, but unless Sting can get back into good enough working shape (am talking about 2001 level) then I don't know if he should be involved in that many matches.

One thing you could do is have him make an appearance post Taker/Brock match and state his intentions to face Taker at Mania 31. Or maybe do a angle on raw where Taker hints that he might retire with no one else to beat, and then have Sting challenge him for next year.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
With the matches spaced out the way they are, I have no reason to believe he couldn't deliver 5 good matches. It also helps to sell 2 b list ppvs, and adds something special to the 3 that would normally have no problem selling.

Could even replace Summerslam with Survivor Series, and have a Team Sting vs. Team Taker to take some of the attention away from Sting's in ring abilities, and promote younger talent.

But I do feel that no matter his shape, they will both be able to tell a great story in the ring. Taker has carried Sid to his best matches, and countless others. The big thing is when has there ever been a best of 5 series that each match took place at a ppv, and who better to do it then Taker/Sting that nearly everyone who has been watching wrestling since '99 has wanted to see for just as long.

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
With the matches spaced out the way they are, I have no reason to believe he couldn't deliver 5 good matches. It also helps to sell 2 b list ppvs, and adds something special to the 3 that would normally have no problem selling.

Could even replace Summerslam with Survivor Series, and have a Team Sting vs. Team Taker to take some of the attention away from Sting's in ring abilities, and promote younger talent.

But I do feel that no matter his shape, they will both be able to tell a great story in the ring. Taker has carried Sid to his best matches, and countless others. The big thing is when has there ever been a best of 5 series that each match took place at a ppv, and who better to do it then Taker/Sting that nearly everyone who has been watching wrestling since '99 has wanted to see for just as long.

Great post and you have sold me on the idea more. Just disagree with the highlighted part, Michaels carried Sid to his best matches IMO. Taker/Sid was a bore.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Everyone has their opinions, I was never an HBK fan, so I personally never rated him as being as good as even he thinks he is. But Taker does have a certain track record of bringing out the best in his opponents(even if Giant Gonzales' best was absolute shit)

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Honestly, I only marked it trolling because EVERYTTHING goes back to Batista with you.

As for Sting coming to WWE, I suppose it could be interesting for a one off match with Undertaker, but I agree with Saiyans in that he doesn't deserve to go over or win any other high profile matches.
Dave was in evolution, but the point was past, present, and future. The lyrics to evolutions theme fit that better than anyone else's IMO. If I wanted to just pick Dave I'd say I Walk alone

Evolution is a mystery
A small change that no one sees.
Clock makes a fool of history .
Yesterday's so long ago, don't agree with what I know .
Tomorrow becomes a place to be.

I see the line in the sand
Time to find out who I am
Looking back to see where I stand.

EVOLUTION

Seen my reflection change.
Nothing ever stays the same
But you know the name's the game.
We all know what it means
Nothings ever what it seems
Unforgiven
Unforseen

I see the line in the sand
Time to find out who I am
Looking back to see where I stand.

It really fit the whole thing the group portrayed, even the video when the whole foursome was together. Its a rarity IMO to get lyrics that fit that well

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Its a decent idea, but unless Sting can get back into good enough working shape (am talking about 2001 level) then I don't know if he should be involved in that many matches.

One thing you could do is have him make an appearance post Taker/Brock match and state his intentions to face Taker at Mania 31. Or maybe do a angle on raw where Taker hints that he might retire with no one else to beat, and then have Sting challenge him for next year.
I don't think 01 sting was in good shape, better than flair, but not good either himself. I'd take the sting who faced JJ at bfg

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Why the fuck does this matter? I realize it started with you replying to my post
I don't think 01 sting was in good shape, better than flair, but not good either himself. I'd take the sting who faced JJ at bfg

Yeah '01 Sting was pretty meh, but maybe he was saying that's the Sting he'd take since he probably couldn't get any better than it? I don't know but I just want him to be able to wrestle without a t-shirt.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Part of the issue with his later WCW run was he was phoning it more than he couldn't really go, but yeah I guess there have been moments when he has impressed in TNA just not enough of them.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Who the fuck facepalms Motorhead?

Reactions: SAIYANS

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
^He doesn't deserve a win if he's only willing to face Undertaker and nobody else.

Who the fuck facepalms Motorhead?

Their wrestling themes suck, to be fair. Bar the King of Kings one. Not on par with their regular work, which is absolutely outstanding.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Evolution theme is my shit tbh. Right up there with ace of spades, yeah I said it.

Reaction score
I think if anyone who's not WWE deserves to go over it would be Sting.
I also think they should have done it this year if possible do not hold another year for Wrestlemania.

I would like them to do it as a Starcade