Star Wars Movies/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Well when your force people to see your awful body for half your show it's hard not to judge her on her looks.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Cast confirmed!

After months of speculation, rumors, insinuations and sometimes people just making stuff up (we hate those guys, trust me), the true cast for Star Wars: Episode VII has been revealed. Disney and Lucasfilm have announced the principle cast for the film and it includes several names that were heavily rumored, leaves some out and includes a few who had not been named at all.

The new cast members to the franchise are a mix of newcomers, quickly rising stars and a couple of respected veterans. They include John Boyega (Attack the Block), newcomer Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver (Girls, Inside Llewyn Davis), Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis), Andy Serkis (Lord of the Rings, Rise of the Planet of the Apes), Domhnall Gleeson (About Time, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows), and Max von Sydow (The Exorcist, The Seventh Seal, Minority Report).

They join original franchise stars Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Anthony Daniels (C-3P0), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Kenny Baker (R2-D2) in the primary cast. No roles were specifically mentioned.

Left off the list from strongly-rumored spots were newcomer Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Sherlock's Benedict Cumberbatch, Jesse Plemmons, Matthew James Thomas and Ray Fisher. Cumberbatch had denied his involvement, but his name had hung on due to his ability to keep secrets as noted by Star Trek Into Darkness. Driver could conceivably play Jacen even if he is the villain; Jacen does fall to the Dark Side in the no-longer-necessarily-canon Expanded Universe. Meanwhile big names like von Sydow and Serkis hadn't been reported at all, or at least widely in any capacity.

So what does this tell us? Not a lot. Driver was previously rumored to be playing the primary villain but that wasn't confirmed. They could still be pulling the story of Jacen and Jaina Solo; from what little we know Ridley appears to be the right age to play Jaina and Gleeson or Boyega could play Jacen conceivably. Of course, they could go in an entirely different direction, but my point here is that they haven't eliminated the possibility with these casting announcements.

The film begins first-unit production in May. Disney chief Bob Iger recently revealed that Episode VII will take place thirty years after Return of the Jedi. The film will release on December 18th, 2015.

Serkis is phenomenal casting, disappointed that Cumberbatch & Plemons are no where to be seen though.

Swinny

Reaction score
STAR WARS: EPISODE VII ADDS ACADEMY AWARD WINNER LUPITA NYONG'O AND GAME OF THRONES' GWENDOLINE CHRISTIE

2cgfsxe.jpg

Lupita Nyong'o joins the recently announced cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. This year, her breakthrough performance in 12 Years a Slave earned her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

Gwendoline Christie, currently starring in the hit television series Game of Thrones as Brienne of Tarth, has also been cast in the production. She can next be seen in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2.

"I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the Saga Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

Brienne of Tarth fucking people up with a light saber? Yes please.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
LucasFilm and Disney have decided to shoot the first standalone “Star Wars†film in the U.K.

The movie will be filmed at the Pinewood Studios west of London next year — the same location currently used for “Star Wars: Episode VII†with J.J. Abrams directing.

Chancellor George Osborne disclosed the decision while he visited the set Tuesday. He posted the announcement on his Twitter account along with a photo:

Osborne also issued a statement: “Lucasfilm and Disney’s decision to shoot the Star Wars standalone movie in the UK is testament to the incredible talent in Britain. This will mean more jobs and more investment. It is great news for people working at Pinewood Studios, from the set designers to the carpenters.â€

“As Chancellor I have been determined that we back our brilliant creative industries which is why we have invested in skills and training as well as providing tax relief for films, high-end TV, animation, video games and regional theatre,†he added. “‘The further changes the government made to the film tax relief at Budget 2014 will support our highly skilled, innovative creative sectors so that they continue to thrive and encourage more films to be made in the UK.â€

Lucasfilm announced on May 22 that “Godzilla†director Gareth Edwards would direct the first standalone “Star Wars†film — which is not related to the next planned trilogy. Disney has dated for release on Dec. 16, 2016.

Gary Whitta (“The Book of Eliâ€) will write the script.

LucasFilm has not reveal the subject of the new movie, although there have been rumors that the new spinoffs would focus on characters like bounty hunter Boba Fett and Yoda.

Disney has said it plans to produce at least three of the spinoff films.

Disney also has said it intends to release a new “Star Warsâ€-related movie (including spinoffs) every year starting with “Star Wars: Episode VII,†to be released Dec. 18, 2015.

So the standalone gets to shoot in the UK and it gets the Godzilla directer and the script writer from the remake of the Book of Eli.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
As long as this isn't the fucking Boba Fett movie, I'm really looking forward to it. Edwards has proven with Monsters and Godzilla that he's got the chops to bring a lot to the Star Wars universe. I'm also down with Whitta writing the script since I thought Book of Eli was pretty solid. This could be a pretty down and dirty Star Wars movie, so again, fingers crossed that it's not Boba Fett. :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
As long as this isn't the fucking Boba Fett movie, I'm really looking forward to it. Edwards has proven with Monsters and Godzilla that he's got the chops to bring a lot to the Star Wars universe. I'm also down with Whitta writing the script since I thought Book of Eli was pretty solid. This could be a pretty down and dirty Star Wars movie, so again, fingers crossed that it's not Boba Fett. :lol:

I want Yoda first but I think they were going with Bobba Fett first.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah I heard that Seven will be Boba Fett, I wonder when they'll let us know lol
Wouldn't seven be Star Wars: Episode VII?

I actually wouldn't mind the Yoda movie being the first one, especially since he's my favourite character in the Star Wars universe. Not to mention, I could totally see Edwards directing a movie about him, full of monsters that he has to fight and strange planets that he visits. PLEASE BE YODA AND NOT BOBA FETT....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT IT WANT....THIS TIME.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I really want it to be Boba Fett just for Fuji's reaction :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
2 New Cast members added along with a delay in filming due to Harrison Ford getting injured.

In a new update on Sunday, Disney announced that two new actors, Crystal Clarke and Pip Andersen, have been added to the cast, and that Harrison Ford’s injury will cause a brief halt in production next month.

American actress Clarke is currently studying in the U.K. Her first feature, “The Moon and the Sun,” will debut in 2015.

Andersen is a British actor and parkour practitioner who showcased his skills in a 2012 ad for Sony.

It’s unclear which roles the two newcomers will play. In November, Disney did issue a casting call for two characters named Rachel, a “beautiful, smart and athletic” 17- to 18-year-old woman, and Thomas, a “handsome, smart and athletic” 19-to 23-year-old man.

“The Star Wars universe has always been about discovering and nurturing young talent, and in casting ‘Episode VII,’ we wanted to remain absolutely faithful to this tradition. We are delighted that so many traveled to see us at the open casting calls and that we have been able to make Crystal and Pip a part of the film,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy in a statement.

That the two additions are relative unknowns isn’t a surprise based on Disney’s previous casting for the highly anticipated film. One of the leads, Daisy Ridley, has few major credits, the most notable being a guest starring role on PBS show “Mr. Selfridge.”

Clarke and Andersen join the already announced cast of Ridley, Ford, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Carrie Fisher and Max von Sydow.

In the announcement on the Star Wars website is an update on Harrison Ford’s injury. He is “doing well” after breaking his leg following a bad ankle injury on set, but production will pause for two weeks in August “while adjustments to the current production schedule are made,” according to the statement.

Principal photography is currently taking place at London’s Pinewood Studios. The J.J. Abrams-directed film wrapped shooting on location in Abu Dhabi in May.

“Star Wars: Episode VII” is still on track for release on Dec. 18, 2015.​

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Filming has now finished on Episode 7. And as you're probably aware by now, it has a new title.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Prepare your bodies

[video=youtube;8TXni3uuPGE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TXni3uuPGE[/video]

As far as teasers go, I've seen few better.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
That has literally pumped me up so much, I really can't wait for this.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I love this teaser makes me so happy right now and looks miles better than the prequels

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Holy Hannah! Waiting a year for this is going to drive me insane.

Rockin' and a Rollin' on Tapatalk