Star Wars Movies/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Good lord, Boba Fett being alive would be the fucking worst. Please no.

As for your question HoHo, in the expanded universe there's several stories of him post-Jedi, including shooting his way out of the Sarlaac and eventually attending Dengar's (toilet paper head) wedding. Yes, that's right, the baddest hunter in the galaxy went to his best friend's wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I asked this on WC, but I heard the Chrome Stormtropper to be a female?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I asked this on WC, but I heard the Chrome Stormtropper to be a female?

It's rumoured to be Gwendoline Christie, who plays Brienne of Tarth on Game of Thrones.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
It's rumoured to be Gwendoline Christie, who plays Brienne of Tarth on Game of Thrones.

Oh man really she is so badass on Game of Thrones. Love that fight she had with the Hound in Season 4 to end the season. She could carry herself like a person not to fuck with that's for sure.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
In some non-shocking news, The Force Awakens will be playing on every single IMAX screen in North America....

The Hollywood Reporter said:
The force is strong with IMAX. When Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuts in theaters on December 18, it will run on every single IMAX screen in North America for an entire month, as well as most foreign IMAX screens. This isn’t the last time IMAX has reserved all of its screens for a single movie for a month, as it did so with all three Hobbit films. However, that deal was made four years ago and until now, a similar deal hadn’t been made since.

IMAX broke records in June when Jurassic World earned $44.2 million ($21 from 363 domestic screens, $23.2 million from 443 international screens) in the format during opening weekend, beating Iron Man 3 ($28.8 million). Star Wars could beat that number, as it’s expected to open on 375-400 screens domestically and over 400 internationally. There’s no exact count at the moment, as IMAX installs and opens theaters in the fall. In the States, it will play at Regal, AMC and Cinemark theaters that have IMAX, along with museums and other sites with the screens (which have played space movies like Gravity and Interstellar). Abrams even filmed a sequence with IMAX cameras to take advantage.

IMAX Entertainment CEO Greg Foster said: “Star Wars: Episode VII is the ultimate crossover movie — it crosses over to everyone.â€

The other studios have accepted the fact that Star Wars will dominate the format. Sony’s Spectre and Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 both open in November and will be out of theaters by December 18. Warner Bros’ In The Heart of the Sea opens on December 11 but will only get a week of IMAX. FOX’s The Revenant, which goes wide on January 8, may be able to go to IMAX starting January 15. IMAX has yet to announce any January bookings other than the January 29 release date for Disney’s The Finest Hours.
Obvious move on Disney's part, but also a good one as the IMAX format has really taken off over the last few years. Honestly, for a movie like The Force Awakens, I can think of no better format to watch it in.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Not so shocking if this is anywhere as good as the original trilogy it will crush the BO

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This movie is gonna chew up the box office and shit it right back out and them do it again.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Episode VIII has been bumped back.

Star Wars fans, you're going to have to wait a little longer to see the further adventures of Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, BB-8 and the rest. Because Disney and Lucasfilm have decided to shift the release date of Star Wars: Episode VIII from May 2017 until December 15 that year.

Writer/director Rian Johnson is gearing up to start shooting the bulk of the film next month in London, with the likes of Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher joined by Benicio Del Toro. While no official reason was given, it appears that the huge success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($1.87 billion worldwide and counting) has spurred the companies to shift the release date so as to keep the same pattern.

So yes, now we'll be once more spending the run-up to Christmas 2017 wondering just what has happened with our heroes, while also pondering how Kylo Ren would react. He won't be pleased, we fear...

But the movement means that someone else can slide into that spot, as Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will take over the May 26, 2017 spot instead. Hooray?

For your next Star Wars fix, we do at least have Rogue One: A Star Wars Story headed here on December 16 this year.

Empire

Disappointing, but understandable. The 18 month gap between episodes seemed too good to be true anyway.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I had heard that they had to scrap the story some and start over.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-wars-tv-series-disney-streaming-service-1202611408/

New ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy in Works With Rian Johnson, TV Series Also Coming to Disney Streaming Service

Disney has closed a deal with director Rian Johnson to develop a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and it is planning a live-action “Star Wars” TV series to air on its entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019.

Disney chairman-CEO Bob Iger announced the “Star Wars” news during the company’s quarterly earnings call. In addition to the “Star Wars” TV series, Disney is working on TV series adaptations of Pixar’s “Monsters Inc.,” the Disney Channel’s “High School Musical” franchise and an original entry from Marvel.

Johnson helmed “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” which is due out Dec. 15. He’s set to write and direct another trio of “Star Wars” theatrical pics with his longtime collaborator Ram Bergman.

“We all loved working with Rian on ‘The Last Jedi,’” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft ‘The Last Jedi’ from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

The long-term pact with Johnson comes on the heels of Lucasfilm having some rocky relations with filmmakers on other “Star Wars” pics. There are no dates yet for the new pics.

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on ‘The Last Jedi,’ ” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “ ‘Star Wars’ is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Of the nascent entertainment-focused streaming service, Iger said Disney would produce four to five original movies a year for the service, in addition to the original TV series. Iger said it would not have traditional advertising in the form of commercials. Sponsorship opportunities may be available, however.

Iger also said he expects the Disney-branded streaming service to be priced “substantially below” Netflix’s $10.99 a month because the service will have less content overall. “The price will reflect that,” he said. “Our goal is to attract as many subs as possible starting out.”

New Trilogy for Star Wars please be around the Old Republic! The Rule of 2 needs to be shown on screen, and with you're dealing with the formation of the Jedi Order and the Sith Army people would love it. Also for a avid Star Wars Rebels fan hearing a TV series as well whether it's Animated or Live Action sounds great to me maybe something involving Bounty Hunters, something gritty like what Rogue One captured would be nice.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm not a massive SW fan and think it is getting too much exposure as it is. I like what they are doing with the current films, but don't really wanna see a TV series.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Star Wars sucks now. They can gtfo with that Mary Sue Jibba jabba. Man, I miss the 1980s.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Rey is not a Mary Sue, and with The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan Series coming to Disney Plus, the franchise is stronger than ever.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Solo bombed and Galaxy's Edge tickets can't even be given away
Not to mention no one is buying the merchandise. In the 80s and 90s kids were begging their parents to buy them the action figures. Now you have to go on line and get something from a scalper. Hardly stronger than ever, my friend.

The leaks for the next movie are horrendous. Yes, more Mary Sue, Jibba Jabba.

But hey, if you enjoy it, more power to you. I'll keep my original trilogy and action figures (still in the box too baby!)