Star Wars Movies/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Adam Driver is ready to travel to a galaxy far, far, away.

Sources tell Variety that while no deal is done yet, the “Girls†actor is close to signing on to play the villain in J.J. Abrams’ “Star Wars: Episode VII.†Exact details are unknown, but the character is said to be in the vein of iconic “Star Wars†villain Darth Vader.

Driver, 30, is the first cast member to be revealed for Walt Disney Studios and Lucasfilm’s highly-anticipated “Star Wars†installment, which will open in theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.

The big-budget tentpole, directed by J.J. Abrams, is scheduled to shoot at London’s Pinewood Studios in April. Additional cast members will likely be announced in the next month.

“Star Wars: Episode VII†will continue the Jedi saga where “Return of the Jedi†left off.

Abrams is producing with Bryan Burk and Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy.

Driver’s name had been rumored during the casting process, but in recent weeks, the Indiana native has become Disney and Lucasfilms’ top choice to play the main villain.

The delay in making a decision was due to scheduling issues with “Star Wars†and his HBO show “Girls.†Sources say it’s not just Season 4 that was the hangup, but also future seasons, since future “Star Wars†installments could also coincide with upcoming seasons of the HBO Lena Dunham comedy.

Sources are now telling Variety that scheduling issues have been resolved and that a deal should be finalized in the coming days.

Abrams recently announced that the script he co-wrote with Lawrence Kasdan was finished and that they would begin zeroing in on casting decisions soon. Michael Arndt wrote the original draft, with Kasdan and Abrams taking over last fall.

Disney was also rumored to be looking at Michael Fassbender and Hugo Weaving for the villain role.

The studio had no comment on the cast.

While Driver has received acclaim for his role on “Girls,†he has become more in demand for high-profile features lately. The actor is currently filming Warner Bros.’ “Midnight Special†and is also attached to Martin Scorsese’s “Silence†starring Andrew Garfield and Liam Neeson. He is repped by Gersh and can currently be seen on the third season of “Girls†airing on HBO as well as the Shawn Levy pic “This is Where I Leave You†which bows this fall.

Disney has been quickly ramping up the “Star Wars†universe since buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion in October, 2012. In addition to the “Star Wars†films, the studio is developing theme park attractions, TV shows and an extensive line of merchandise.

Don't know much about his guy but if this is the guy they wanted well good for them. I think Weaving would have done a great bad guy or he could have been a sith mentor for this guy.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
With Adam Driver in line to play the villain in the next “Star Wars,” the next order of business for Disney and Lucasfilm is finding the right Jedi to challenge Driver and the evil empire.

After meeting with several young actors this past year, sources tell Variety that “Downton Abbey” thesp Ed Speleers, “Attack the Block” star John Boyega, Jesse Plemons and theater actors Matthew James Thomas, and Ray Fisher are among the men J.J. Abrams is eyeing for the lead role. Though some insiders warn the search is still ongoing, multiple sources confirm to Variety these actors have moved to the top of the list in recent weeks.

Disney had no comment.

Exact details of the character are vague but the part is believed to be a Jedi apprentice. The original draft by Michael Arndt was said to focus on Han Solo and Princess Leia’s kids, however, Abrams and Kasdan’s recent rewrite reportedly puts their offspring in a supporting role.

Sources also indicate the reason for the delay has to do whether execs and creatives want someone of a different ethnicity from the previous Caucasian leads. Abrams has said on numerous occasions that he wants to have a diversified cast, which is why actors like David Oyelowo and Michael B. Jordan tested early on.

As previously reported, Abrams is expected to surround the less-familiar actor with more recognizable stars for supporting parts, including original “Star Wars” cast members Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill.

“Star Wars Episode VII” will begin shooting in the late second quarter or early third quarter in London’s Pinewood Studios.

Produced by Abrams, his Bad Robot partner Bryan Burke and Lucasfilm head honcho Kathleen Kennedy, “Star Wars Episode VII” hits theaters Dec. 18, 2015.

Not sure who any of these guys are guess I will have to look into their work.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Not sure who any of these guys are guess I will have to look into their work.
Jesse Plemons played Landry on Friday Night Lights. He would be a great cast

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Landry getting a major role like this would be fantastic.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Plemons also played Todd on Breaking Bad and was great in that role. Driver is really good on Girls so I can see him doing quite well.

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Star Wars: Episode VII Will Be Set 30 Years After Return of the Jedi
Plus, the J.J. Abrams sequel’s start date has been announced.
by Scott Collura MARCH 18, 2014

We kind of figured this out already -- actually, some of us are old enough to have been waiting for this announcement for the past three decades -- but Lucasfilm has confirmed today that Star Wars: Episode VII will be set about 30 years after Return of the Jedi.

Additionally, StarWars.com has the reveal that the film will star “a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces.” Again, we basically knew that more or less, but there is such a scarcity of solid, confirmed news on the Episode VII front that we’ll take any tidbit we can get.

06:27Star Wars: Episode VII - Is More Han, Luke and Leia a Good or Bad Thing?
And by the way, that’s getting weird, that lack of news, considering another confirmation from the studio today -- the film will start principal photography this May at London’s Pinewood Studios. So in like two months, and we still don’t even know who’s going to be in the movie. Hmmm… what up, J.J. Abrams?!

You can also head over to StarWars.com for a rundown of all the first days of shooting in Star Wars live-action movie history. Here’s a sample:

March 22, 1976 -- The first day of principal photography in Tozeur, Tunisia, for Star Wars. A crew of 130 ventures into the desert in 42 trucks and cars, including eight army trucks full of equipment. The first shot was completed at 9:35 a.m.

Star Wars: Episode VII will hit on December 18, 2015… with a cast or not.
-IGN

30 years after the last movie would be just before Han's oldest son becomes a Sith... if that's still even cannon.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
-IGN

30 years after the last movie would be just before Han's oldest son becomes a Sith... if that's still even cannon.

Yeah not sure which way they are going with yet. There is one story of Luke wanting to finish his jedi training that he clones the emperor and almost becomes a sith in the process but with the time being 30 years later I would go with Hams son becoming a sith

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Plemons also played Todd on Breaking Bad and was great in that role. Driver is really good on Girls so I can see him doing quite well.

You watch Girls?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
At least my auto correct made it somewhat enjoyable.

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You watch Girls?
Not religiously but I've caught a couple of episodes here and there. I was a big fan of Lena Dunham's film Tiny Furniture so naturally I was drawn to her show as well.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Not religiously but I've caught a couple of episodes here and there. I was a big fan of Lena Dunham's film Tiny Furniture so naturally I was drawn to her show as well.

She was bad on SNL and I really don't like Girls...she is gross

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
She was bad on SNL and I really don't like Girls...she is gross
It's not like I'm rating her on a hotness scale. She reminds me of a female Woody Allen.