So When Cena Wins The Belt At Mania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Who on gods earth is he going to feud with next? I'm actually alarmed that nobody jumps out to me as being the obvious choice. Literally the only person I can think of would be Mark Henry. I mean I don't wanna see Punk AGAIN, they need to stay away from each other from a while and Ziggler is WHC bound sooner or later you would think. The Shield could be an option but upto now they haven't been involved in singles matches so rushing them straight into a WWE Title feud would be pretty silly. Ryback is the only other logical option I can think of, but given the way he lost a shit ton of momentum against Punk I think he should stay away from Cena until leading into SummerSlam where he takes the title.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Honestly, I wouldn't really care. If Cena wins, and I really hope he does, I'm gonna mark out. It's been a while since Cena has been champion, and honestly, I've missed it. I'm always been a pretty big Cena fan, and I'm almost sure he could make a convincing feud with anyone. He made a convincing feud with R-Truth. So honestly, the options are endless. I may get some backlash for this, but I've always liked the feud of face Cena vs. Heel Orton. And it's been a while since that has happened, and I wouldn't be opposed to a PPV match between the two. I could see Shield getting a chance. Whoever they deem as the leader as the group could go for the title. Ambrose has the most experience, but I would like to see Reigns more. Henry would work. I think they're saving Cena/Ryback for a bigger match down the road. I could see a good feud between him and Sandow too. It might be a little too earlier to thrust him into a WWE title feud, but Sheamus did it, and came out just fine. Sandow has some good heel heat, and is strong in the ring.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It depends on first IF he wins and IF he does, The Rock would likely rematch for the belt at Extreme Rules like every champion does after he loses a title. It would be pretty weird if Rock just waived his rematch clause and accepted defeat.

Aside from him, if Cena turns heel he could feud with anyone. Even someone else that's heel now, because they would be instantly over as a babyface just for opposing a heel Cena.

But assuming he doesn't turn heel which is more likely, Fandango would be interesting to feud with, especially if Jericho jobs to him at Mania. Fandango wouldn't win the title obviously, but it would be good for a month. Or Sheamus could turn heel.

Reaction score
This is that moment where it's "TIME", time to turn Cena heel. He's already going to get boo'ed right out of the stadium that they need something to justify him winning the title somehow rather than a cheesy clean victory because I don't think Cena could EVER get a clean win over The Rock. If Cena goes heel this opens up the door to many possiblities he could face.

IF he stays face then he could face a soon to be heel Randy Orton. Their feud is still one of my favorites and they can bring it back again much like they did with Triple H and Orton

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
With the amount of flip flopping that Miz has done, I wouldn't mind another Miz/Cena feud. That was some good stuff. And if Cena did turn heel, it would help with WWE trying to make Miz look like a credible face.

Also, I'd like to say that R-Truth was awesome in his feud against Cena. To say Cena was the only reason that feud got over is a slap to the face of Lil Jimmy.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Ugh....no interest in seeing another face Cena vs Heel Orton given we already say that in 09'. What could they possibly do, it would involve Orton going psycho again and Cena doing his hustle, loyalty, respect shtick, that sounds so sleep inducing, even in the realms of one's imagination. I mean seriously.

Heel Cena vs Face Orton on the other hand, that sounds interesting. As Shawn stated if there ever was a time to turn Cena heel, it's now.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The only reason people would want to see Orton vs Cena would simply be because Cena is the heel and Orton is the face. It's basically the same feud, but now it's switched up. Nothing really new about it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The only reason people would want to see Orton vs Cena would simply be because Cena is the heel and Orton is the face. It's basically the same feud, but now it's switched up. Nothing really new about it.

Would actually be completely different because heel Cena would be nothing like Heel Orton and Face Orton would be nothing like Face Cena.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
vs The Rock, thrice in a lifetime.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Would actually be completely different because heel Cena would be nothing like Heel Orton and Face Orton would be nothing like Face Cena.

It depends on the storyline WWE puts into it. Both guys would still sound the same on the mic. Would still act the same as face Orton really looks more like a tweener anyway. I'm not against the idea mind you, I just don't see the point in switching up the alignments.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Whoever it is (and assuming Cena wins), I suspect they will be align with The Shield. I'd normally say someone who presents a new threat since they won't go with Punk again and who knows with The Rock, but there's really no one else near Cena's level, possibly Ziggler if they hadn't already done that. The only other heel entity that's hot right now is The Shield, but if Cena has the title there'd need to be someone representing them who'd be a reasonable contender.

So I don't know, but a Cena feud would definately be the next logical step for The Shield.

HB_Punk

Reaction score
I really have a feeling that Rock might actually retain the title so they can milk another rematch next month and give creative time to build someone up to feud with Cena.

Because lets be honest, Cena isn't turning.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is tough to come up with a decent feud for Cena once he is finished with The Rock whether that be at WM or at Extreme Rules.

I can see why people are bringing up Orton. He has been hidden over on Smackdown for a long time now and has been kept away from Cena for years. He has been out of the title scene for a very long time as well as he hasn't held the World Heavyweight title since September 2011 and the WWE title since November 2010. For a guy that was for so long the number two in the company to not hold any of the major titles for over 18 months is a huge dry streak. There is a lot of talk surrounding him turning heel at WM as well which is something he hasn't been for years either. Fresh heel turn, hasn't held a major title for 18 months and a big return to RAW and it is easy to see how they could make this work and get people interested in it.

Wouldn't mind Henry making a run at the title but I am assuming Ryback beats him at WM so that won't work right away. Maybe when Team Hell No split we see one of them take on Cena, presumably Bryan, but that again would take time. Maybe a returning Christian takes on Cena for the title :p There are a few options out there but I think Orton is the most likely.

This is where WWE needs to get their midcard heels to the next level. Cesaro, Sandow, Barrett, Rhodes etc. one or two of them need to step up this year and get into the mainevent to actually add something new to the division and give them a chance as some variety up top.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
has been mentioned a bunch but, since I fully expect Orton to turn at WM and reveal himself as the man behind the Shield, I could probably get into Cena/Orton again as long as it is fresh and tells a good story.... Only other guy I'd really like to see in that spot is Cesaro, but I don't think he's quite ready yet and the way they've used him leading up to WM tells me that they don't think he's there yet either.... I wouldn't want to see Punk back in there storyline wise, but at least we know the matches would be good/great

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Well wouldn't it kind of make sense for Punk to go after the title again considering the history he has with both Cena and Rock?