So When Cena Wins The Belt At Mania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Troy, you are 100% right for why would the WWE take the risk because it is a very risky move. But let's think back to eight years ago when Cena and Batista won the World and WWE titles at WM 21, they weren't major big time baby faces just yet and at the time no one really was besides HBK. HBK was possibly the most over then much like Undertaker was. So the WWE push these two to be their top baby faces and boom history made. In comes Ryback who could be that next look up to superstar. Much like Cena, he had his chance at Brock Lesnar for the WWE title and failed and Ryback failed against CM Punk. Ryback could be that guy to take over Cena's reign as the top babyface. Then you got to come up with another one and that would The Miz maybe? Remember when Orton turned face and it was HUGE at the beginning and now its gotten stale.

But I see where you get where it is a risk, but is the risk worth the reward? That's something the WWE has to really think about.

I guess they have to try something sooner or later and having guys like HHH, Rock, Lesnar and Jericho around to protect buyrates a bit gives them a slight cushion to fall on. When Orton and Batista became top faces the top of the card was still so strong behind them so they could try a new face whilst still protecting merchandise and PPV buys. Now by turning their big merchandise seller and draw it is a massive risk. Will take a lot of balls from Vince to do it and maybe they do have enough confidence in Ryback to take his spot or at least attempt to fill part of that gap.

Reaction score
I recently read an article that will basically squash my theory of John Cena retiring and it was about Cena saying he will not turn heel because of his charity work. In the same article it stated that he wouldn't turn heel for a storyline purpose and not do what he does outside the WWE. As much as I don't want to buy into it, he may be right and we won't see a heel turn even though there should be one.