So When Cena Wins The Belt At Mania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They got rid of a lot of moves to the head because I think it caused some problems for some guys. Brain damage and shit you know?

I think another part of it was that it was setting a bad example for kids on a PG show. Don't really want to encourage them to run in a soccer kick a guy in the head which can cause serious injuries in real life

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I think another part of it was that it was setting a bad example for kids on a PG show. Don't really want to encourage them to run in a soccer kick a guy in the head which can cause serious injuries in real life

That's BS if you ask me, PG means parental guidance, yes? It doesn't take much for a parent to explain to a kid that Orton is a professional trained in his craft and they shouldn't be doing something like that in real life. Besides that they have constant messages flashing during breaks telling them to not try this at home.

A while ago they had R-Truth smoking after attacking a wrestler, that was not appropriate on a PG show, don't see what's wrong with the punt to the head, doesn't look any worse than say, a GTS.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I'm really struggling to think of any heel that could be used to feud with Cena next.

They should hold off on another Punk/Cena feud for a while. Lesnar is still only a part-timer, and probably an unlikely candidate to take the title off him. Swagger will probably continue facing Del Rio for another month of two. After that... there really aren't that many people.

I guess they could always go with someone from The Shield. They don't deserve a push yet, but they do at least have a good bit of heat and momentum behind them. Only problem is that it would have to end with Cena single handedly taking down the group, which is just something I don't think anyone wants to see, for obvious reason.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I would like to see a Punk/Cena feud again but with the roles reversed with Punk as the face and Cena as the heel. I think this is as good of a time to turn Cena heel as any but it of course won't happen so he'll probably just run through a few short term pushed heels before feuding with a guy like Ryback in a face vs face feud.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Punk's rumoured to be off the Extreme Rules PPV, as he's not being advertised. So I don't see it being Punk. Rock's advertised for the Extreme Rules PPV (as is Brock), so it's likely we could see a rematch there between Rock & Cena. Afterwards, I wouldn't mind seeing Cena/Orton. Orton's meant to be turning heel for a while now & most people seem to think it'll be at Wrestlemania, so have a new Orton feud with Cena for a while.

I don't want to see Cena/Ryback for the WWE title.

Reaction score
Someone said Cena will never turn heel. Those same people said, Hulk Hogan would never turn heel and guess what, he created one of the best factions of all time with the NWO. Listen to the crowd last night when they started chanting "boring" at Cena, he was stunned and even took a long pause. I feel they are creating a desperate Cena that HAS to win this match over The Rock. The time is now more than ever to turn him heel. Even the kids are getting bored of Cena. He's stale and needs something new. He's not winning the belt from The Rock cleanly.

Blujay

Reaction score
It has been years since we have seen it though and Orton actually has motivation to go after Cena rather than just rehashing an old feud for the sake of it. Whilst Orton hasn't been able to hold a title for 18 months and hasn't had any big matches Cena has been maineventing PPV after PPV and has had marquee matches facing Rock twice and Brock once. Orton wants that number one spot that Cena has taken, he can claim that they were about level a few years ago yet Cena has flown by him and he wants revenge by taking the title.

Orton doesn't have to side with the Shield. He can just turn on Sheamus and Show because he is angry at his position on the card.

Majin Vegeta vs. Goku????

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Maybe Orton will be let out of the doghouse? Kane or Jericho are good random go to guys for a one off.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
[MENTION=417]Blujay[/MENTION] - That is spooky on so many levels, I compared Orton and Cena to Vegeta and Goku respectively sometime in 2010 iirc, and it's been ages since I even watched DBZ :side:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That's BS if you ask me, PG means parental guidance, yes? It doesn't take much for a parent to explain to a kid that Orton is a professional trained in his craft and they shouldn't be doing something like that in real life. Besides that they have constant messages flashing during breaks telling them to not try this at home.

A while ago they had R-Truth smoking after attacking a wrestler, that was not appropriate on a PG show, don't see what's wrong with the punt to the head, doesn't look any worse than say, a GTS.

Pretty sure that was one of the reasons for it being removed. It is one of the most dangerous moves if you transfer it to real life, so dangerous in fact that even in UFC they don't allow soccer kicks as they are too deadly.

Weren't WWE fined for having R-Truth smoke after a match?

Someone said Cena will never turn heel. Those same people said, Hulk Hogan would never turn heel and guess what, he created one of the best factions of all time with the NWO. Listen to the crowd last night when they started chanting "boring" at Cena, he was stunned and even took a long pause. I feel they are creating a desperate Cena that HAS to win this match over The Rock. The time is now more than ever to turn him heel. Even the kids are getting bored of Cena. He's stale and needs something new. He's not winning the belt from The Rock cleanly.

The Hogan comparison is definitely there but the issue now is WWE don't really have those faces that can replace his merchandise share. If Cena does go heel they need someone to step up and become the new kids favourite and sell a boatload of merchandise to go with it. There aren't as many top stars in WWE right now compared to WCW at the time when Hogan turned so there was less risk then. I would like to see WWE take that risk but I can't understand why they haven't yet as it is a massive risk.

Reaction score
The Hogan comparison is definitely there but the issue now is WWE don't really have those faces that can replace his merchandise share. If Cena does go heel they need someone to step up and become the new kids favourite and sell a boatload of merchandise to go with it. There aren't as many top stars in WWE right now compared to WCW at the time when Hogan turned so there was less risk then. I would like to see WWE take that risk but I can't understand why they haven't yet as it is a massive risk.

Troy, you are 100% right for why would the WWE take the risk because it is a very risky move. But let's think back to eight years ago when Cena and Batista won the World and WWE titles at WM 21, they weren't major big time baby faces just yet and at the time no one really was besides HBK. HBK was possibly the most over then much like Undertaker was. So the WWE push these two to be their top baby faces and boom history made. In comes Ryback who could be that next look up to superstar. Much like Cena, he had his chance at Brock Lesnar for the WWE title and failed and Ryback failed against CM Punk. Ryback could be that guy to take over Cena's reign as the top babyface. Then you got to come up with another one and that would The Miz maybe? Remember when Orton turned face and it was HUGE at the beginning and now its gotten stale.

But I see where you get where it is a risk, but is the risk worth the reward? That's something the WWE has to really think about.

Reactions: 1 person

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I honestly think WWE has a good amount of faces at the moment that turning Cena could be the best way to put over guys like Miz, Ryback, & Sheamus, take this time and invest in the 3 of them. They always have The Rock doing sporadic appearances to give the new guys a good rub here & there, the 4 of them would make for a decent team to go against a heel Cena & The Shield at Survivor Series, and a great way to invest in 6 new stars with Rock & Cena to bring in the viewers.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
[MENTION=2430]ThatGuyFromNukemHigh[/MENTION] - For some reason Cena's opening promo on the 1/4/13 episode of RAW just gave me the indication that a Cena heel turn wouldn't be shocking, I'm not saying there is such a thing called psychics, but I just felt everything wasn't all like it seemed.

Either way, I'm going to be attempting to stay away from the web as much as I can this weekend, I don't know but gut feeling tells me that either Orton or Cena will be turning heel. idk who at this moment.

Not to sound intentionally corny, but if there ever was as an appropriate time, the time is now.