So... does anyone here watch hockey? lol

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mean Smark Callous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.redmeat.com
Stammer replaced by Marty St. Louis and Hank Sedin isn't playing for Sweden, still going with your predictions?
I'm personally going with Russia or Canada. Canada is obvious, I live here, if they lose I will be droppin' some salty as tears and I think they have a great shot at winning again.
I'm picking Russia to possibly win gold because they are on home ice and as young hockey players, they are told that winning gold on home ice is all they should really live for, the cup doesn't mean a damn thing in comparison. So they'll be extra motivated imo.

What about you guys?
well jonathan "i can't recover from an injury" quick from my kings is on team USA so there goes any hopes of a medal for america. maybe bronze. i doubt it though. expect finland to be tough as usual. i predict canada vs finland for the gold.

Reactions: Kooldip

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
well jonathan "i can't recover from an injury" quick from my kings is on team USA so there goes any hopes of a medal for america. maybe bronze. i doubt it though. expect finland to be tough as usual. i predict canada vs finland for the gold.
Lol tbh i doubt we'll get maybe 2-3 bronze, maybe 1 silver medal from the Olympics. We lost Koivu and Filppula, and tbh I always feel like we're the underdogs. I'd say we'll be 6-5th, maybe 4th. Gold would ofc be nice.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
My Flyers have 3rd place in their conference. I'm happy.

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
underdogs? finland has been competitive for years in hockey
Yeah, but it's our finnish mentality. We're the underdogs, the ones who sometimes almost get the gold but then comes Sweden and nope.avi's us. A good example is 2006 hockey winter olympics.

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Swe-Cze match on now. 4-2 to Swedes atm. Can't wait for tomorrows Fin-Aut match, sucks though that its at 10am in here. I have math at that time x_x

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Fin-Aut 8-4. Otherwise ok, but HOW THE HELL DID RASK LET IN 4 GOALS? AGAINST AUSTRIA FFS! But whatever, Norway tomorrow with Lehtonen (iirc) in the goal. Also Rus-Slo 5-2 (wtf I expected Russia to massacre them), Usa-Svk 7-1 (this is why I use the term ''big six'' because imo Slovakia isn't a big name in hockey anymore), Can-Nor 3-1 (nice game norwegians, now just relax and let us do all the goals tomorrow)

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Fin-Aut 8-4. Otherwise ok, but HOW THE HELL DID RASK LET IN 4 GOALS? AGAINST AUSTRIA FFS! But whatever, Norway tomorrow with Lehtonen (iirc) in the goal. Also Rus-Slo 5-2 (wtf I expected Russia to massacre them), Usa-Svk 7-1 (this is why I use the term ''big six'' because imo Slovakia isn't a big name in hockey anymore), Can-Nor 3-1 (nice game norwegians, now just relax and let us do all the goals tomorrow)
Yeah we didn't do our best against Norway. To be fair they collapsed 5 across the blue line all game and in front of their net. They were looking not to lose by too ouch instead of trying to win.

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Carter and Kunitz should not be on that first line, they were brutal today. Win is a win though and the team did play quite well in the 2nd and 3rd periods, hopefully we pick it up against Austria tomorrow.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Carter and Kunitz should not be on that first line, they were brutal today. Win is a win though and the team did play quite well in the 2nd and 3rd periods, hopefully we pick it up against Austria tomorrow.
Kunitz shouldn't be on the team period. Chemistry is BS in a short tourney IMO. We don't have a shut down line for when we play the tougher teams. I don't know how how we'll defend against Sweden should we face them.

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Fin-Nor 6-1, great game. Even Lehtonen (the goalie) got 0+2 :D Now just gotta hope Barkov didn't get a serious injury. And 2 games played, with 14 goals. Pretty epic.

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Fin-Nor 6-1, great game. Even Lehtonen (the goalie) got 0+2 :D Now just gotta hope Barkov didn't get a serious injury. And 2 games played, with 14 goals. Pretty epic.
Looks like he messed up his knee, probably won't play against us on Sunday. Speaking of Canada, 6-0! If Bobby Luu keeps this up, we've got an awesome shot at winning gold :D also, Kunitz, die.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Zetterberg not making it any further in the Olympics :sad:

Still thinking good results for us, but would have been nice to see the captain see is through.