Silly Season 2016: The Summer Edition

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So rumor has it Swansea are after John Guidetti. Who had a good season with Celta Vigo but not good enough to snag a starting spot from either Nolito or Aspas.
Also Benfica has upped their asking price for Victor Nilsson Lindelöf after his impressive spring and interest from Juventus and Man United.
Alexander Milosevic is apparently on the Bournemouth radar.

That's all for your Swedes in the silly report for now
As a Benfica fan, I hope Benfica doesn't sell him. He was brilliant for us this season. Hopefully, he will be a Benfica player for many years.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
So rumor has it Swansea are after John Guidetti. Who had a good season with Celta Vigo but not good enough to snag a starting spot from either Nolito or Aspas.
Also Benfica has upped their asking price for Victor Nilsson Lindelöf after his impressive spring and interest from Juventus and Man United.
Alexander Milosevic is apparently on the Bournemouth radar.

That's all for your Swedes in the silly report for now
Remember back in January when we were talking about how boro were on the verge of signing lindelof

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Apparently, Mata and Blind will be the first Man U departures.

Also, Mkhitaryan has apparently rejected a chance to talk to Dortmund over a new contract, putting clubs such as Chelsea and Arsenal on high alert.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Swedish international and Palermo midfielder Oscar Hiljemark is apparently on the radar of Swansea, Norwich and Mainz 05 according to Swedish the football channel.
I like Oscar and while he has done tremendous in his first year in Palermo, it would be cool to see him in Swansea

Stopspot

Reaction score
Gundogan is Man Citybound

Stopspot

Reaction score
Both Man City and Man United are looking to sign John Stones from Everton. Let the bidding war begin!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Stones has been pretty shit this season, he's decent on the ball but is lacking a ton defensively. Be surprised if they made a move for him. Gotta love how some German team has offered Ibra the chance to be a king.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Stones has been pretty shit this season, he's decent on the ball but is lacking a ton defensively. Be surprised if they made a move for him. Gotta love how some German team has offered Ibra the chance to be a king.
Yeah I saw that one.

As for Stones. Imagine a Smalling/Stones central defense. Either super good or super easy to get through

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Arsenal are in talks supposedly with Vardy after triggering his release clause. If he did leave to go to a bigger club then Arsenal are probably the best fit, He might not be given time if things are not going well for him at a Man City,UTD or chelski.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I am unsure if he can replicate what he done last season, he is talented but it is a big gamble for Arsenal and for him. If he was younger and had the season he just had I be all for it but given his relative obscurity before last season makes me wonder. I could be wrong.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Apparently Middlesbrough have made a 12 month loan deal on a pay as you play deal could turn out to be an amazing signing for us if we pull it off

Stopspot

Reaction score
Ronald Koeman is officially the new head coach at Everton.

And Leeds are apparently interested in placing a bid on Sebastian Larsson, who has one year left on his contract with Sunderland.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Sweden's Branimir Hrgota has found a new club. After his contract with Möchengladbach ended he has now signed with Eintract Frankfurt and the contract is 3 years long.

Great to see a young Swede stay in arguably the best league in the world.