Scrap the US title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Pop Tatari said:
I can see the point of two world titles as they are defended regularly but the midcard titles are just props really.Just get rid of the us title and have the ic title defended on a more regular basis.Rhodes has done a great job so far with the ic title but the wwe have not really given him much to work with and have not really given their full backing to restoring the prestige in the ic title.

I'd also be okay with this. They should have the IC title defended more on SmackDown if they can't fit in a PPV. Rhodes as done as much as he can to bring prestige back to it, now it's up to booking.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
An argument can be made for both mid-card titles:
- The US title pushed the likes of Miz, Swagger, and John Cena into main event status.
- The IC pushed names like Dolph Ziggler, Edge, and Chris Jericho.

I do think that they need to scrap one, though. It's too much to keep track of the way creative is currently doing things. I also agree that Cody is out shining the US Championship by a long shot. If they have to keep it, I say give it to Santino and let Swagger job a little bit longer until there's a spot for him further up.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Santino being US champion could be quite entertaining actually. But I seriously think scrapping it and making room for a seriously good tag-team division is the way to go.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Good point Crayo!
Santino as US champ would be great.
And with that, having other superstars have matches with him for it, over and over again, so it will be a respected and high championship again.
Like having the IC or UC, being one of the top guys, and even though being the IC or US, still asking to take shots at the WWE/WHC.
So it will raise again, like I said earlier, when Hulk Hogan was the WWF champ. Randy Savage was the IC. That was huge back in the day. Nowadays it's just being given to someone who was recently pushed. Not talking about Rhodes and Swagger, they are in the WWE for a while.
But with guys like McIntyre, having a push at the beginning, and being the IC after that.
Look at him now, he's jobbering.

Daud

Jobber
Reaction score
I think since Santino is the US champ now, wwe will take it more seriously because the crowd is behind Santino and i'm sure Santino is going to be on raw/sd every week so it will be great i think..

and the divas should really get longer matcher/mic time to make the division intresting again..

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
True thing man.
Would like to see more valets.
Love your Melina sigs btw.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Santino as being the new USA Chmapion bury it! Why in the Hell do u give the belt to FUCKIN Santino?

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Just like they gave the belt to Punk.
Book it, do the match, ding ding, new champ.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
Santino as being the new USA Chmapion bury it! Why in the Hell do u give the belt to FUCKIN Santino?

He's over and a pretty good wrestler that's why.

Daud

Jobber
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
True thing man.
Would like to see more valets.
Love your Melina sigs btw.

Thanks, and yes they should make all models valet.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
seabs said:
He's over and a pretty good wrestler that's why.

he opver as a joke guy that it! He has crap ended move! And he not that good in the ring! He should not be USA Champion since we ALL KNOW HE WILL NEVER BE WORLD/WWE CHAMPION! Why in the fuck put a mid card belt on him its dumb if u ask me!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
he opver as a joke guy that it! He has crap ended move! And he not that good in the ring! He should not be USA Champion since we ALL KNOW HE WILL NEVER BE WORLD/WWE CHAMPION! Why in the fuck put a mid card belt on him its dumb if u ask me!

So because he'll always be a midcard act you shouldn't put the midcard title on him?

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
seabs said:
So because he'll always be a midcard act you shouldn't put the midcard title on him?

that right! There no point! If there no point to make him a REAL Superstar then there no point in him winning a mid card title!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Disagree. He's so over, which means he could put an up and coming like Riley over in the future. An over face losing to heel = over heel (most of the time, ADR is the exception :p). Works the other way too. Miz lost to Bryan and Riley, both of those received pops after that feud constantly even when they were jobbing. Hell, Riley still gets big pops.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
He has crap ended move!

Come on, big man.

A finishing maneuver is only as good as it's sold. Mick Foley even dissed a few finishers in his books (including The People's Elbow and his very own Mandible Claw), but they're finishers that worked because they were sold properly.

So far, the Cobra has been sold very well as a move that can put guys down. So long as they're selling it, it's a good finisher.

wk

Reactions: Crayo