Scrap the US title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Wacokid27 said:
Come on, big man.

A finishing maneuver is only as good as it's sold. Mick Foley even dissed a few finishers in his books (including The People's Elbow and his very own Mandible Claw), but they're finishers that worked because they were sold properly.

So far, the Cobra has been sold very well as a move that can put guys down. So long as they're selling it, it's a good finisher.

wk

Great post. As long as he hits it on Ziggler (the god of selling), he'll be fine :p

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
After the turn of events on last night's Raw, I've changed my vote to 'scrap the US Title'

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Santino haters be mad :p

The fact that it was Santino is a small part of it. Insert anyone else into that match and my feelings would still be the same. They clearly don't give a damn about the US Title. Swagger won it, did nothing with it besides a random match at the EC that was made because of farts and cheese, and then he loses it in the background to the Ace/Long feud after a comedy character kicked out of his finisher. Swagger lost despite DZ interfering twice on his behalf. The US title should be able to elevate a guy up the pecking order, but Swagger's reign has basically left him dead and buried

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
The fact that it was Santino is a small part of it. Insert anyone else into that match and my feelings would still be the same. They clearly don't give a damn about the US Title. Swagger won it, did nothing with it besides a random match at the EC that was made because of farts and cheese, and then he loses it in the background to the Ace/Long feud after a comedy character kicked out of his finisher. Swagger lost despite DZ interfering twice on his behalf. The US title should be able to elevate a guy up the pecking order, but Swagger's reign has basically left him dead and buried

I was kidding anyway, I completely agree. Hence why I think it should be scrapped. It's beyond repair.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Miz did a good job with it in 2010 and Ziggler had a nice run in 2011. Both ended with title changes that were built well (miz to DB and Ziggler to Ryder)

but then instead of letting Ryder do his own thing they had to make him Cena's bitch in the worst storyline of all time

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Miz did a good job with it in 2010 and Ziggler had a nice run in 2011. Both ended with title changes that were built well (miz to DB and Ziggler to Ryder)

but then instead of letting Ryder do his own thing they had to make him Cena's bitch in the worst storyline of all time

Agreed.