Scrap the US title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The hardcore title was terrible imo. Crash holly and Raven held it about 30 times each, sure it was fun at times but after a bit it was so dull.

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
I'd love to see the titles built up more. This worked before, having very over wrestlers like Booker T and Orton carrying the mid-card titles. The only way to save the division in my eyes is to drop a big time main event guy into the mid-card division, have him defend it and build promos around it and his feud.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
THEWWEMARK said:
I'd love to see the titles built up more. This worked before, having very over wrestlers like Booker T and Orton carrying the mid-card titles. The only way to save the division in my eyes is to drop a big time main event guy into the mid-card division, have him defend it and build promos around it and his feud.

Definitely on the latter. I've said multiple times that ADR, Sheamus, Mysterio and Riley should all be in the mid card title hunts. They could really make that work with a heel R-Truth and perhaps Kingston. Would be pretty good.

Reactions: THEWWEMARK

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
Alberto Del Rio mocking the United States on the mic with his U.S title and having Swagger turn face as a patriot has always been an idea in my eyes. Daniel Bryan should be dropped the upper mid-card status, like Christian, filling in when the injury bug bites.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
THEWWEMARK said:

So, they should have just dropped the strap to Kane. Would have made a lot more sense. And your last post is a great idea.

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
Kane's limited as a character, but still very good. He'd be a credible mid-carder, feuding with a face and having the face overcome fear eventually.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
God I'd love Christian to be the guy to reinvent that title. I'd probably have it as ADR or Christian as champion, have a triple-threat feud with Christian, ADR and Kingston with Kingston eventually going over to push him. Kingston is a real talent in my opinion. Already you have a US champion division which is watchable and entertaining.

You then push either ADR or Christian up a step and pull one of the previous main eventers down and perhaps push someone like Riley into ther division. Keeping it relevant with ADR, Riley and Kingston. Have Kingston win again keeping him at the top receiving the push, don't make ADR or Riley look bad.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
THEWWEMARK said:
Kane's limited as a character, but still very good. He'd be a credible mid-carder, feuding with a face and having the face overcome fear eventually.

He is indeed, but it really seemed like they were dropping the strap from Ryder to do the injury angle. So why put it onto a guy who, no offense, was a jobber for over a year if they weren't going to push him?

Well, then again, I guess they don't want Cena anywhere near that belt, proving how useless it is.

Crayo, I sent you the link to apply as a WWE writer already, right?

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
THEWWEMARK said:

That doesnt even make sense, the same storyline doesnt work twice. It has worked with cena, if they do it again with another face not only will the story get boring, but also kane will loose all credibility lil the unmasked kane did, beating him wouldnt mean much anymore.
He should be holding the US title imo, will definitely make the us title more attractive.

THEWWEMARK said:
Alberto Del Rio mocking the United States on the mic with his U.S title and having Swagger turn face as a patriot has always been an idea in my eyes. Daniel Bryan should be dropped the upper mid-card status, like Christian, filling in when the injury bug bites.

But does swagger have what it takes to be a credible face? He have been in the business for a pretty long time now and hes considered a flop. I see him as a kurt angle wannabe.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Swagger isn't considered a flop at all. It's no harm if you think it because as most people know you're a casual.

As for Kane becoming US Champion, he could be the one who perhaps takes it off Kingston. However I'd keep him away from titles, he's beyond them now. Kane is a figure no matter what status he's at, jobber or main eventer, who could put someone over greatly if he loses to them. Doesn't matter if he's lost previously, you beat Kane and you've given yourself a good rub.

So I'd use him for up and coming superstars.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Swagger isn't considered a flop at all. It's no harm if you think it because as most people know you're a casual.

As for Kane becoming US Champion, he could be the one who perhaps takes it off Kingston. However I'd keep him away from titles, he's beyond them now. Kane is a figure no matter what status he's at, jobber or main eventer, who could put someone over greatly if he loses to them. Doesn't matter if he's lost previously, you beat Kane and you've given yourself a good rub.

So I'd use him for up and coming superstars.

Swagger IS considered a flop. What exactly is a casual? Everybody is a casual. Including you.

Kane - jobber, kingston - us champion, yes that sounds ridiculous.
And if kane would job then why bring him back with a mask?

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Casual - Casual WWE fan, knows nothing about the business or behind the scenes and believes everything on screen.

I'm not a casual, you are.

:upset: are you trying to say u know everything about the business and behind the scenes? :facepalm:

Everybody is a casual. There are casual casuals, people like me, and nerd casuals, people like you, people who tries to identify themselves by a name called "smark" which is basically an oxymoron. A mark cant be smart.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
:upset: are you trying to say u know everything about the business and behind the scenes? :facepalm:

Everybody is a casual. There are casual casuals, people like me, and nerd casuals, people like you, people who tries to identify themselves by a name called "smark" which is basically an oxymoron. A mark cant be smart.

I sure as hell can tell you, I'm not a casual WWE fan.
I want to know all, and I will know all.
YE!:laugh: