Scrap the US title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SpaceR

The Artiste
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Think he's playing politics wrong, not sure to be honest. It's sickening though, he's so much more talented than Big Show or Khali.

What do you mean? I've seen you post on a few occasions about A-Ri and politics. What are you going on about?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
SpaceR said:
What do you mean? I've seen you post on a few occasions about A-Ri and politics. What are you going on about?
He's not on the good side of people backstage. Not shaking the right hands and scratching the right backs.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Change the belt... it's ugly,

I'd say change it back to the old version.... but then again the WHC was in WCW so who gives a sh**

Belts need a new design every few years and this belt looks like something I made when I was two

IC is retro.... make the US retro

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
If they got rid of the brand split, then I think having four championships will be the perfect balance: WWE Title, IC Title, Tag Team Titles and Women's Title. That way, you have a title for main eventers to fight over, a title for midcarders/upper midcarders to fight over, a title for tag teams to fight over and a title for women to fight over. Although I personally hate women's wrestling, so I would try to replace it with bringing the Cruiserweight title back or something, I dunno.

As it is, I don't know if getting rid of the US Title is the answer. They just need to feature it more and actually start putting their US Champion on television. The fact that Raw is a supershow every week sort of damages it as well, because it makes one of the world championships kinda look like the second most important title, thus making the IC Title look third most important, thus leaving the US Title in 4th place at best.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Now keep in mind, I've only been watching for 3 years. I didn't see the days where the IC and US titles held a whole lot of prestige, but in kayfabe, what do they mean? WWE/WHC designates you as the best wrestler/superstar that your roster has to offer. Tag Team title means you are the best tag team, Divas' make you the best woman on the roster. Mid-card belt means... What, exactly? That you aren't good enough for the main-event?

Keep the brand split and use it to spotlight more talent.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It kayfabe means your the best of that location so the US champion is a representative of the US as their champion. It's like winning the British title in boxing really.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo dropping us some knowledge once again :). Thanks :)

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
Well know There can be hardcore matches just limited thats what the fans come for excitment so why not.