RVD's Contract Expires

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Rob Van Dam is not booked for the Impact taping tonight in Chicago. There's a good reason for that. His TNA deal expired last week. The two sides are talking but right now, he is a free agent.

Finally an explanation for why he missed the PPV last week. Pretty bad that another's guys contract was allowed to expire under Prichard's watch. I could understand if they didn't want RVD anymore but they are still talking with him.

I don't think TNA will re-sign him on anything close to his former deal. He was paid a lot when he signed on a few years back but hasn't really delivered and part of that is due to their booking of him. They probably won't be able to work out a deal with him and he will be back to random one off appearances everywhere.

Do you think that he will re-sign with TNA?

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I honestly want RVD to go away. The guy hasn't bee entertaining in forever and his matches have been the same for the past 8 years. Just retire Rob

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't see him retiring. If TNA don't offer him a new contract then I expect him to make some indy appearances and even a WWE appearance or two before he hangs up the boots

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Just as long as he's off tv he really looked like he was in TNA for a paycheck and nothing more.

...god...

Reaction score
Go back to WWE, PLEASE. I miss him coming out to One of a Kind.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I personally couldn't care less about Van Dam anymore, ther was a tinme when I thought this guy could be a franchise player, but aftercountless interviews of himself pretty much burying himself with a markish attitude, and his abysmal run in TNA.

He can try run a show with Dreamer for all I care.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't be too bothered if he wasn't resigned. He just hasn't been fun to watch lately. Sure it's good to see him for nostalgia purposes, but that has nearly worn off.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I do like that we got an explanation for why he may have not been booked at the PPV. Although that match was already sloppy enough as it was.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think he would give wwe more than he did TNA both of himself as he seemed lethargic at times in TNA and as an attraction. Think he could get up for one big run into retirement with good money, good exposure, and a couple feuds and title reigns in the IC and tag divisions

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Finally an explanation for why he missed the PPV last week. Pretty bad that another's guys contract was allowed to expire under Prichard's watch. I could understand if they didn't want RVD anymore but they are still talking with him.

I don't think TNA will re-sign him on anything close to his former deal. He was paid a lot when he signed on a few years back but hasn't really delivered and part of that is due to their booking of him. They probably won't be able to work out a deal with him and he will be back to random one off appearances everywhere.

Do you think that he will re-sign with TNA?

Why the booking of him? Van Dam is one guy TNA has given every chance to suceed, he has just proven a big waste of money. Also its not as if there aren't guys with bigger name value there.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
RVD's best days are long behind him, he wrestles the exact same match every time thesedays and just coasts by on his ECW rep.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
really wouldn't bother me for RVD to retire. haven't cared to watch him in the longest time.

Franco

Reaction score
RVD would make a great surprise entrant for the MITB matches. I'm not sure if he has a 90 day no compete clause, but if WWE plans to bring him back it would be the best to wait until that PPV.

SBS

Reaction score
Honestly people saying Van Dam should go back to WWE is in my opinion a mistake. Van Dam is exactly what the WWE doesn't need. The wrestling business today is so busy trying to resuscitate the past. Both TNA and WWE are doing this. Van Dam would be worthless in the PG era as most of his stuff which made me interested involved a chair to the face. He can't do that in the E. I think Van Dam should go back to impact but only on a part time basis. He isn't worth the television time he was getting. He should be used more as a trainer and teacher than anything. That's how I'd use him. If RVD never wrestled for TNA or WWE I wouldn't care, but I feel there is nothing for him left in the E but in TNA he could still work, as a trainer and mentor, not necessarily a performer.