• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
RVD didn't give two shits about working in TNA, his first title reign was a big indicator on how much he cared. Who decides it's time for a vacation in the midst of a title push? Who loses a title without doing a job? Who comes back from a baseball bat with nails, and no-sells it? And not even have a blowoff feud with the guy who stabbed you?

RVD being an agent is funny, this guy could barely piece together his own matches that weren't just "holyshit" spots and alot of selling rest spots.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Why the booking of him? Van Dam is one guy TNA has given every chance to suceed, he has just proven a big waste of money. Also its not as if there aren't guys with bigger name value there.

They had him vacate the TNA title when he was running low on dates on his contract, how does a company let that happen and how do they not book him to drop the title. Also how many guys have they had him put over. He has been in a holding pattern there for years when if he wasn't booked in the world title scene he should have been used to help elevate the new stars. TNA just had him doing nothing for a long time and it was a waste of him considering how much he was paid.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
They had him vacate the TNA title when he was running low on dates on his contract, how does a company let that happen and how do they not book him to drop the title. Also how many guys have they had him put over. He has been in a holding pattern there for years when if he wasn't booked in the world title scene he should have been used to help elevate the new stars. TNA just had him doing nothing for a long time and it was a waste of him considering how much he was paid.

Fair enough I guess for me he has little to complain, he is on good money and has normally retained a mid-upper card slot which is more than he deserves. Certainly at the begining they were pushing him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fair enough I guess for me he has little to complain, he is on good money and has normally retained a mid-upper card slot which is more than he deserves. Certainly at the begining they were pushing him.

True he has nothing to complain about I just think that TNA wasted him and didn't get all that they could have out of him.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
My thoughts:

Thanks for the memories, Rob...but it's time.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Oh goodie. Just what we all need:

oVerRateD coming back to the WWE for one last predictable run. aaaaaaaaaaand Ziggler and Fandango get relegated to Superstars to make room.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
To be overrated, you would have to be rated first.

This guy had one hot year in WWE and fucked it all up by stiffing guys like Austin and Jericho. He debuted hot, and fizzled after that. He blamed politics and not putting up with bullshit, but the real answer is he couldn't work and was stiffing guys or just plain reckless and clumsy.

And he was never a draw in ECW tbh, nobody was. He was over, but so were people like New Jack and Sandman.....Shows how "smart" those fans actually were about pro-wrestling.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
To be overrated, you would have to be rated first.

This guy had one hot year in WWE and fucked it all up by stiffing guys like Austin and Jericho. He debuted hot, and fizzled after that. He blamed politics and not putting up with bullshit, but the real answer is he couldn't work and was stiffing guys or just plain reckless and clumsy.

And he was never a draw in ECW tbh, nobody was. He was over, but so were people like New Jack and Sandman.....Shows how "smart" those fans actually were about pro-wrestling.

despite this jab^^.... I actually agree with you, and I was an RVD fan.... He had his run... Could he come back for a one off and get a nice pop, sure but so could 100 other guys

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
He'd come back and would be hot for 3 weeks. Then fans would realize he can't throw a convincing punch after wrestling for 20 years and that he's lazier than X Pac was in 2001.