Roman Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
A mid card talented wrestler being given a push due to his family more than his talent. I think Roman is a decent wrestler, but he's not World Champion material in my mind. A few strong runs with the IC title like Razor Ramon had is more fitting.
Winner Winner...
:chicken:

Reigns had fans literally walk out of a main event at a huge PPV (Backlash) and they didn’t give a fuck. Let’s face it, the guy will be pushed no matter what, it’s not about him getting “reactions.” Again, lots of stars get that. It’s about Vince wanting to be right.
100% on the Money...

And the entire "He gets a reaction" excuse is so fucking lame.

Roman turns heel. End of story
And it that won't change the fact he's still as
boring as a white bread & mayo sandwich.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I always understood it as devaluing an opinion, not a person. There are a lot of opinions and ideas I think are absolutely stupid but I don't call the person directly stupid themselves over one thought. I am sure plenty of what I think or how I view things is stupid to a lot of people. That is just human nature. Maybe I view this differently?
:twiggy2:

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Its like people read your opinion & they don't like it...
but instead of taking their time to form an intelligent
reply they just post something like:

"U R A FAgeT!1!!"

And to me it shows an incredible lack of human
decency & brain power...as well as being evidence
of possible mental disorders & chemical problems
within their brain.

Your words represent you on here guys...you are
a small avatar & your words...so just remember
that for every insult or "shite" post you make...
you only devalue yourself on here.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Its like people read your opinion & they don't like it...
but instead of taking their time to form an intelligent
reply they just post something like:

"U R A FAgeT!1!!"

And to me it shows an incredible lack of human
decency & brain power...as well as being evidence
of possible mental disorders & chemical problems
within their brain.

Your words represent you on here guys...you are
a small avatar & your words...so just remember
that for every insult or "shite" post you make...
you only devalue yourself on here.
Dis comment lame. @me, lol.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I always understood it as devaluing an opinion, not a person. There are a lot of opinions and ideas I think are absolutely stupid but I don't call the person directly stupid themselves over one thought. I am sure plenty of what I think or how I view things is stupid to a lot of people. That is just human nature. Maybe I view this differently?
:twiggy2:

Opinions are formed from the experience and intellectual development by a person and thus their understanding on the issue, so referring to the opinion as "stupid" is definitely an attack on the person because it attacks that person's reasoning. We can disagree on opinions, but as the opinion was developing through one's mental processes, calling it stupid is calling the person stupid. That's how I've always seen it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Opinions are formed from the experience and intellectual development by a person and thus their understanding on the issue, so referring to the opinion as "stupid" is definitely an attack on the person because it attacks that person's reasoning. We can disagree on opinions, but as the opinion was developing through one's mental processes, calling it stupid is calling the person stupid. That's how I've always seen it.

I have been called Blue, idiotic, and so on over an opinion or idea before. When someone directly calls a person an insult, they attack the person. When you think an idea or opinion is stupid, it is usually because of a lack of better understanding of the subject or it goes against what you believe in/how you view something. Like the idea or belief of racism being "good" for example is a very, very stupid and harmful way of thinking. That way of thinking can change as we have seen throughout history (though it still needs to be changed for some people out there). People grow, form different ideas and opinions and change multiple times in their life. So when someone tells me "racism is a good thing" I think no, that is just stupid as it clearly is but I don't mean it as an attack on the person, I mean it as an attack on the mindset and racism itself. Though giving off a one-liner like saying "hey that is stupid" without going into detail as to why is kind of a waste to say or type for this matter of speaking (since we are on forum). This is just how I view it. I get what you are saying though.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I have been called Blue, idiotic, and so on over an opinion or idea before. When someone directly calls a person an insult, they attack the person. When you think an idea or opinion is stupid, it is usually because of a lack of better understanding of the subject or it goes against what you believe in/how you view something. Like the idea or belief of racism being "good" for example is a very, very stupid and harmful way of thinking. That way of thinking can change as we have seen throughout history (though it still needs to be changed for some people out there). People grow, form different ideas and opinions and change multiple times in their life. So when someone tells me "racism is a good thing" I think no, that is just stupid as it clearly is but I don't mean it as an attack on the person, I mean it as an attack on the mindset and racism itself. Though giving off a one-liner like saying "hey that is stupid" without going into detail as to why is kind of a waste to say or type for this matter of speaking (since we are on forum). This is just how I view it. I get what you are saying though.

True, but if it's an attack on the mindset and that person has that mindset, then at the very least, one may be implying the person is stupid for having that mindset. I mean, I can understand what you're saying too though.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Opinions are formed from the experience and intellectual development by a person and thus their understanding on the issue

You would think so, but go to a college campus and you'll see there is no reason or intellect. :fact:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
True, but if it's an attack on the mindset and that person has that mindset, then at the very least, you're implying the person is stupid for having that mindset. I mean, I can understand what you're saying too though.
I tend to take opinions like that less seriously or personally because they do nothing to actually result it a discussion of two opinions. If I got personally insulted every time someone said something I believed in or how I viewed something was stupid, I would be a very unhappy person. lol We are all made up of a million different pieces and even if someone thought a part of me was "stupid" over opinion, I wouldn't take it to heart or be hurt by it, (especially online or something a stranger said) because that is such a small fraction of who I am as a human being. If a person chooses to stop there and only see be based on one opinion and sum up an entire idea of me on that, it is there loss not mine. I like to see the many sides, shapes, and puzzle pieces of people.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I tend to take opinions like that less seriously or personally because they do nothing to actually result it a discussion of two opinions. If I got personally insulted every time someone said something I believed in or how I viewed something was stupid, I would be a very unhappy person. lol We are all made up of a million different pieces and even if someone thought a part of me was "stupid" over opinion, I wouldn't take it to heart or be hurt by it, (especially online or something a stranger said) because that is such a small fraction of who I am as a human being. If a person chooses to stop there and only see be based on one opinion and sum up an entire idea of me on that, it is there loss not mine. I like to see the many sides, shapes, and puzzle pieces of people.

In reality, I find this discussion more interesting than the Roman one.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
In reality, I think Roman Reigns could be the top guy whether face or heel, though I think him being a heel would be better. People forget his run in FCW where he was a heel, and trust me him being a heel would be and was great, just look at the early days of The Shield in FCW and WWE. Also, everyone seems to forget Roman was almost everyone's favorite in the first run of The Shield, which meant he was more popular than Dean and Seth. As well, when Roman was in FCW he showed a lot more of wrestling ability and could cut a decent promo, but the idea of Roman then known as Leakee was similar to that of Diesel, which they should have stuck with, in my opinion.

The fact is booing Roman and hating him is now just a meme and the "cool" thing to do, and it makes actual fans of him feel awful for liking him. I understand the justification of it by saying he gets shoved down your throat all the time and what have you, but WWE has always done this type of thing from Hogan to Cena to Triple H to Roman now. Again, though hating the faces or the main guy is the cool thing to do right now because of how the faces and such are presented in WWE.

As far as my opinion on Roman, I do think the guy can be talented and could be good. He could put on a good show, but with how WWE limits everyone and focus on the "entertainment" part of everything he is no different from Cena or Hogan or whoever. I can see him being in the Upper Mid-Card and even world title scene, but with how WWE is...well you see the result.

Also, this was my attempt to post something meaningful, and not a meme or whatever.