ROH Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Pretty damn good card, and todays looks even better. It doesn't look like there was one bad match on this show.

Montana

From Gabe:

Sunday, 8:31pm Tokyo Time

We just rolled in from the show. I wish we could call this one Supercard Of Honor because it was really a supercard in every sense of the term. There was a bigger crowd tonight and they seemed to have a great time. It was really something seeing all these promotions come together on one show. It was my first time meetingSasaki and Nakajima and they are both really looking forward to coming to Philadelphia next week. Everyone is ready to go out so I'll make this a quick update. Here are the results of the show:

1A) In the dark match Tetsuya Naito & Yujiro defeated Genba Hirayanagi & Kotaro Suzuki in a wild match. This will be a bonus on the DVD of tonight's event.

1) The lights went out and the music started and the ROH show was underway. Austin Aries crashed Bobby Cruise's open and after the happenings of last night demanded that his match against Tyler Black start immediately. Aries defeated Black with the Last Chancery, but after the match Jimmy Jacobs put out Aries with the End Time and promised more chaos and said that he would win the World Title in the main event.

2) Kazushi Miyamoto defeated Eddie Edwards when Larry Sweeney's interference backfired. The fans really got into Sweeney. After the match it looked like Sweeney and Edwards might have been on the outs, but they made up with a big hug. The Japanese fans really reacted to that.

3) Taiji Ishimori defeated El Generico in a really athletic match.

4) Davey Richards debut his new finisher to earn him and Takeshi Morishima a win over Jay & Mark Briscoe. After the match, Jacobs and Tyler Black attacked The Briscoes.

5) Bryan Danielson defeated Yoshinobu Kanemaru to win the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title in just over 20 minutes. This was a great match and I was fortunate to just sit in the crowd and watch it. The fans were really behind Bryan and when he won they were overjoyed and surprised. It was really a genuine moment when he won as everyone was really happy for Bryan. There aren't a lot of moments like that and I don't know if it will come across on the DVD, but live it was something I'll never forget.

6) Things got turned up a notch after intermission with the dream tag. KENTA & Kota Ibushi went to a 30 minute draw vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Katsuhiko Nakajima. They then went to a 5 minute overtime, which ended in a draw. This was just unreal. I don't want to hype it too much as I'll let you just watch it for yourself. I've never heard kicks likeNakajima's. This was the most over match of the night with the fans. These guys are really the new stars in Japan.

7) Kensuke Sasaki defeated Roderick Strong in a very even match in about 12 minutes.

8) Nigel McGuinness retained the ROH World Title against Jimmy Jacobs in a classic heel/face match that the fans got into. I have to be honest. I feared for these guys. This was a long show with a lot of great stuff on it. I figured the crowd would be tired and knew they would have a tough time. Instead, they told a great story in the match and the fans totally got into it. Hats off to Nigel and Jacobs.

I have a lot of other thoughts, but people are waiting to go out. Sorry if there are any typos, but I wrote this in a hurry. I'll try to have another entry before I get on the plane tomorrow, but don't know if that will be possible. I need to eat some more sushi now. Thanks for reading.

========================================================
Sounds like these two are must buys, and im thinking Nigel is going to lose the title any show now.

Soulpower

I don't.. I think that's what they're trying to do. Getting people to believe that Nigel is dropping the strap soon, only for him to retain in the cheapest way possible match in and match out.

Soulpower

Results for the PPV Taping from Boston, MA..

Results

~ROH returns to Boston on May 8th, 2009.

Preshow

1) Ernie Osiris defeats Frankie Aereon with his feet on the ropes.

2) Brutal Bob Evans defeats Alex Payne with a powerslam.

Main Show

~Mitch Franklin is out in the ring dressed as a lumberjack. He says his name is "Grizzly Redwood" and that it's time to get his career back on track.

1) Chasyn Rance defeats "Grizzly Redwood" with a piledriver in an entertaining match. Crowd was really in to the lumberjack deal actually.

~Austin Aries is out to start the PPV taping. He calls out Jimmy Jacobs. Jacobs comes out and gets Aries' attention while Delirious attacks from behind.

2) Austin Aries defeats Delirious with the Last Chancery. After the match the AOTF gang up on Aries and lay him out on the outside of the ring on a table. Jimmy Jacobs comes off the top with a senton laying Aries through it.

~SNS Inc. are now out. Sara Del Rey squashes some nameless jobber who got no introduction.

3) Brent Albright & Erick Stevens defeat Adam Pearce & Eddie Edwards when Albright hits Pearce with a half nelson suplex for three. Fun old school tag match.

4) Chris Hero defeats Jerry Lynn in a decent but disappointing bout with a loaded roaring elbow.

5) Bryan Danielson defeats Claudio Castagnoli and Go Shiozaki in a three way elimination match. Claudio got DQ'd first for attacking the referee and had to be restrained by students. Laid out Dragon before he left. Dragon and Shiozaki go at it, with Dragon trapping Go in the Triangle Choke for the win.

~After the match Dragon says he's done what Nigel wanted, and he challenges him for the title in Chicago in November.

6) Jay & Mark Briscoe defeat Ruckus & Jigsaw, Necro Butcher, and the YRR when the Briscoes hit a doomsday device on Blade. Fun spotfest to end the first half.

~INTERMISSION~

7) Daizee Haze defeats Madison Eagles in a decent match with the Mind Trip.

8) Rhett Titus defeats Josh Daniels by reversing a roll up for a three count. Funny match.

9) ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats Roderick Strong with a Tower of London to retain the ROH World Championship. Match started slow but really picked up towards the end.

~After the match, Nigel accepts Dragon's challenge for a title match in Chicago.

10) ROH World Tag Team Championships: Kevin Steen & El Generico defeat Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black to win the Championships with a Package Piledriver/Brainbuster combo. Incredible match, "Loundest pop I've heard since Homicide at COD.

HELL YEAH!!!!

Montana

Good for Steenerico. Good for Grizzly Redwood...i still hate him though.
Sounds like a pretty good ppv, although they've been adding a lot of junk to the ppv cards as well.

Soulpower

Glory By Honor results

RESULTS

~ROH returns to Philadelphia on December 26th, on the eve of Final Battle.

1) Jerry Lynn defeats Kenny King with a Cradle Piledriver. Lynn was mad over in Philly.

2) NWA World Heavyweight Championship:Adam Pearce defeats Brent Albright to once again become the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Adam locked Brent in the Crowbar and forced the submission.

3) FIP World Heavyweight Championship: Go Shiozaki defeats Kevin Steen to retain the title. Go hit Steen with two Go Flashers to get the pin fall.

~After the match, Nigel sneaks out and DDTs Steen on the ROH World Championship belt.

4) GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Bryan Danielson defeats Katsuhiko Nakajima to retain with Cattle Mutilation.

~INTERMISSION~

5) Erick Stevens defeat Rhett Titus with a Doctor Bomb.

~Sweeney and SNS Inc. are out. Sweeney offers Erick Stevens a contract to join the crew. Stevens declines, so SNS beat him down and Go kneedrops Stevens on a chair.

6) Chris Hero, Eddie Edwards, & Shane Hagadorn defeat Roderick Strong, Ruckus, & Jigsaw in a great six man.

~After the match SNS Inc. gang up on Roddy and beat him down like Stevens. Sweeney nails Strong with the top rope elbow.

7) Kensuke Sasaki defeats Claudio Castagnoli with a Northern Lights Bomb. Good-ish match.

8) ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats El Generico to retain the ROH World Championship. Everyone thought Generico had Nigel beat. Generico dropped Nigel with the Brainbuster, but Nigel rolled through and pinned Generico with a roll up.

~INTERMISSION~

9) Steel Cage Warfare: Austin Aries & Tyler Black begin.

~3rd entrant: Jimmy Jacobs
~4th entrant: Necro Butcher
~Aries has been busted open.
~5th entrant: Jay Briscoe
~6th entrant: Delirious
~Jimmy Jacobs is busted open.
~7th and final entrant: Mark Briscoe

Necro Butcher is eliminated by Aries & Jacobs

~Mark Briscoe has brought in a barbed wire table!
~Black gives Mark a running powerbomb through the barbed wire table.
~Jay is pushed off the top of the cage through a table on the floor.

Austin Aries is eliminated by Jacobs' End Time.

~Jacobs gives Delirious his spike. He goes to spike Jay but Daizee tries to talk him out of it. Delirious spikes Daizee!
~Mark Briscoe climbs to the top of the cage and dives on to everyone!

Delirious is eliminated via a Doomsday Device from the Briscoes.

~Jacobs spikes both Briscoes. Jacobs & Black hit both with chairs.
~Briscoes totally no sell both shots.

Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black are eliminated with tandem Jay Driller/Cut-Throat Driver.

WINNERS of Steel Cage Warfare: Austin Aries & The Briscoes

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
it sounded like a really good show all around. all the matches looked like they were watchable, and Danielson/Nakajima probably was AMAZING. Nigel's win sounded kind of lame, that's like how all of his recent wins were.

Ballin

Reaction score
Looked like a pretty good ppv. I cannot wait to see the Steel Cage Warefare. That shit's going to be insane.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Holy crap! Pearce is NWA champ again! This has got to be the best decision NWA has made in the last year. I cant wait to hear his promos about winning the 10lbs of gold again!

Reaction score
Oh man normally in roh its just wrestling but wow nice change thats a show that proves they could hang with the big time. Gonna buy that dvd.

Montana

1) Ruckus defeats Jason Blade.

2) Sara Del Rey defeats Ariel.

3) Rhett Titus defeats Grizzly Redwood with the Razors Edge. Titus was attacked by Haze afterwords.

4) Brent Albright defeats Jay Briscoe. After the match Albright asks for a match wirh a SNS Inc. member. Sweeney sends him Dempsey. Albright chases Sweeney off.

5) Necro Butcher defeats Mark Briscoe & Delirious with a Tiger Driver on Delirious.

~PRINCE NANA RETURNS! He says he has no more riches, no more crown, and just wants a job. Nana is dragged away by security.

6) Jerry Lynn defeats Claudio Castagnoli with a cradle.

7. FIP World Heavyweight Title Match: Go Shiozaki [c] def. Austin Aries to retain with an avalanche-style Go Flasher as Aries was delivering knee strikes in mid-air.

8) Ironman Match: LAX defeat Kevin Steen & El Generico, Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black, and Chris Hero & Davey Richards. (Sounded like Hernandez dominated)

~Tyler Black pins Homicide with a Phoenix Splash to go up 1-0 for AOTF.
~Davey Richards submits Kevin Steen with a half crab for to make it 1 AOFT, 1 SNS Inc.
~Homicide pins Hero with a lariat to make it 1-1-1 with Steenerico 0.
~Homicide pins Jacobs with a Cop Killah to make it 2-1-1-0 LAX and for the win.

======================================================

Sounds like a decent show, with the last two matches being awesome. I hear Aries/Go went 25 minutes, and the iron man went 30 of course. Idk whats up Jerry Lynn beating Cluadio..thats lame.

Prince Nana returning appears to be as big of news as Homicides return, probably due to it being more shocking. Looks like it should be a good angle. It would be cool to see Rave return, and perhaps throw the YRR in there for the New Embassy!

Qwake

It sounds as though the last 2 matches were the best and they also looked the best. Jerry Lynn winning was unexpected but it would have been a good match imo, I may have to check this out sometime. It kinda sucks that Steenerico didn't pick up any pins through that match but oh well, their presence would have been felt lol. :y:

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

With rumours of releases coming in TNA, I see Rave coming back with The Embassy making en epic return. Nana is such a good manager, and I love heel Rave. Hopefully this happens.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Sounded like an average show, but the appearance of Homicide could've made the whole show a must buy.

Nana's return is really sick, but I don't think I'd see him going with a heel stable. Most of the heels already have a manager, and he mentioned in his little promo that he wasn't there for the riches anymore. It would be pretty sick to see Claudio be managed by Nana, and do the Kings of Wrestling thing again.

I have a feeling that Jerry Lynn could get a big push in ROH, they've made him look good in all of his matches.

Attendance didn't sound too good, so I still have hope for Honor to return to Long Island.