ROH Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Talking to some people who were at the show and they mentioned that Hero vs Strong was not only MOTN, but that it'll probably be in the running for ROH MOTY.

Soulpower

Results for Vendetta II

RESULTS

Preshow

1) Josh Abercrombie & CJ Otis defeat Mitch Franklin & Kyle Durden when Otis pins Durden with a german suplex.

2) Trik Davis defeats Shane Hollister with a superkick.

3) Ernie Osiris defeats Egotistico Fantastico with a code red.

Main Show

~The four corner survival becomes a tag match of Alex Payne & Silas Young vs. Rhett Titus & Delirious when Titus announces Daizee Haze as the manager of he and Delirious!

1) Delirious & Rhett Titus w/ Daizee Haze defeat Alex Payne & Silas Young when Rhett steals Delirious' pin on Payne.

2) Erick Stevens defeats Jay Briscoe with a Doctor Bomb.

3) Chris Hero defeats Pelle Primeau in a Lights Out Match. Albright interfered dumping Hero on his head, but Del Rey delivered a big shot to Pelle to keep him down for the count.

4) Tyler Black & The Necro Butcher defeat Kevin Steen & El Generico when Black hammered Steen with a chair shot allowing Necro to get the pin.

5) Claudio Castagnoli defeats American Dragon Bryan Danielson in what was described as an EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT match. Claudio dropped Dragon with the elevated European Uppercut.

~INTERMISSION~

6) Non-Title: Sara Del Ray defeats MsChif & Daizee Haze when Sara pinned Daizee.

~Larry Sweeney is out with SNS Inc. Go Shiozaki is Pearce's mystery partner

7) Roderick Strong & Brent Albright defeat Adam Pearce & Go Shiozaki via ref stoppage due to knees to the head of Pearce.

~After the match Pearce threw a fireball at Albright and took him out.

8) Non-Title: ROH World Champion Nigel Mcguinness defeats Jerry Lynn with a variation of a roll up. Lynn got a ton of near falls and a huge "please come back" chant.

9) Austin Aries defeats Jimmy Jacobs with a 450 following FIVE consecutive running drop kicks in the corner. The match was freaking awesome. MsChif interfered at one point and misted Aries. The Briscoes and the AOTF brawled.

~As per the stipulations, Austin Aries gets to select the match for ROH's return to Chicago. He selects a No Disqualification match between Jimmy Jacobs and THE NECRO BUTCHER!

Soulpower

Ongoing results from the Toronto show.

RESULTS

1) Chris Hero defeats Ruckus with a big boot to the face.

2) Delirious defeats Kenny Omega via submission with the Cobra Stretch. Omega looked "OK. Pretty good actually."

3) Sara Del Rey defeats Jennifer Blake. Daizee Haze runs in after the match to save Blake as Sara was going to try and break her neck.

4) Erick Stevens & Go Shiozaki go to a 15 minute draw. Match was very good. Shiozaki hit a top rope suplex with time expiring but couldn't get the pin. Crowd was probably 95/5 in favor of Shiozaki.

~Crowd is chanting for 5 more minutes. Larry Sweeney says there will be NO more minutes, as Go was only paid for 15. This brings out Lance Storm! Chris Hero follows him out and attack him. Lance and Erick get the better of Chris, Storm and Stevens end up putting Hero and (either Sweeney or Go, couldn't make out which) in simultaneous Canadian Maple Leaves.

5) Bryan Danielson defeats Claudio Castagnoli. This is your brand new MOTY. Without question. Back and forth and back and forth, crowd was rabid for this match. Again, crowd was probaly 95/5 in favor of Dragon, which was odd since so many people were seen in Claudio shirts.

~After the match Dragon gets a mic and puts over Canada. He says these are the kind of fans Ring Of Honor is looking for, and that when they return in November it will be a double shot weekend.

~INTERMISSION~

~Segment straight out of intermission with Rhett Titus, Delirious, and Daizee. Really cute stuff. Ends with Delirious and Haze holding hands. Everybody all together now, "awww!".

6) Naomichi Marufuji defeats Roderick Strong with the Shiranui. Crowd was 50/50 for both guys. Match was about as great as it was anticipated to be.

7) ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats Kevin Steen to retain. Details in a bit.

8)Austin Aries and Jay Briscoe def AOTF. Necro Butcher came out, and was faced with the decision of cutting Austin's eyes out with a piece of broken table. Necro just left to the back.

Soulpower

RESULTS

Preshow

1) Ernie Osiris & Alex Payne defeat Ninja White & Ninja Yellow. Ninjas went Mark Briscoe on Osiris and Payne's asses. Kung Fu double teams. Crowd was really hot for this, chanting "Go ninja go!"

2) D-Ray 3000 defeats Shane (need confirmation on who this was, apparently it wasn't Hagadorn) in a glorified squash. Yet, a very entertaining squash. Ray got "Fear The Fro" chants. Ray was working really stiff.

~Place is totally packed. People are standing everywhere because there is no where left to sit.

Main Show

~ROH returns to Detroit January 30th.

~Age Of The Fall are out to open the show. Jimmy Jacobs and his red bangs & mohawk says that the Age of the Fall have all the power, and with that they refuse to defend the belts tonight on PPV. Briscoes hit the ring and clean house. Age of the Fall try to bail but Aries attacks them!

1) Jay & Mark Briscoe squash Mitch Franklin to defeat he & Silas Young with the Doomsday Device. Silas and the Briscoes were over like mad .... Mitch not so much.

2) Erick Stevens defeats Ruckus, Delirious, & Shane Hagadorn with a Doctor Bomb on Hagadorn. Ruckus and Delirious were very over.

~Aries is out with a mic. He calls out Jimmy Jacobs and Jimmy Jacobs alone. He's attacked by Tyler Black and Mischif. Jimmy then does come out and attacks Aries with a large HOOK! A large portion of the locker room come out to break it up. In the midst of this, Steen gets a mic and demands a title shot for he and El Generico. Jacobs says Steen has to earn it. Steen challenges Jimmy but gets attacked by Necro.

3) Kevin Steen defeats Necro Butcher in an awesome brawl with a Package Piledriver.

4) ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats Claudio Castagnoli with a Rebound Lariat to retain the gold in a match that was described as much better than their Hammerstein encounter. Crowd was really letting Nigel have it. "You're a ****er" chants from one section, and "McLariat" chants from another. Nigel sends a message to Dragon yet again using his "I have till 5" in the corner. Nigel busted out the Skull F*** in Detroit to chants of "you're not Shelley". His response was "I'm the best damn wrestler in the world." Nigel retains via Rebound Lariat.

~INTERMISSION~

~Long intermission tonight. Lance Storm STILL has a huge line of people for him and Bushwacker Luke appears quite drunk. Fun night!

5) Silas Young pulling double duty tonight defeats Kenny Omega with a moonsault. Omega looked awesome and the match was very good. Both men got a standing ovation and Omega got the "please come back" treatment.

6) Chris Hero & Go Shiozaki vs. Roderick Strong & Naomichi Marufuji is up. Sweeney offers Marufuji a spot in SNS Inc. Marufuji shoots Sweeney the finger. SNS Inc. attempts to bail, but they're cut off by Lance Storm! Hmm, think he might be over? He puts over ROH big time, and says that tonight he is the special ringside enforcer to keep Sweeney in line!

Fuji was over like god, Strong looked kinda sloppy. Crowd popped more for the chops than anything.

After the match Storm raises Strong's hand only to get jumped from behind. Storm locks Sweeney in the Canadian Maple Leaf. He's blasted from behind by Hero. Sweeney cuts a short promo and leaves. Storm gets a standing ovation and "one more match" chants as he gets back up.

7) Bryan Danielson defeats Tyler Black. Crowd was red hot before the match even begins. Tyler is made aware that his head is in fact in danger of being f***ing kicked in. Dragon is bending and twisting Black up Jack Evans style! Crowd lets Dragon know that he's a sick f*** for doing such a thing!

Tyler Black hurls Dragon in to the corner with a powerbomb so strong that the ring breaks! Dragon kicked out from that, a superkick, and a Small Package Driver! Fans are on their feet for the final 5 minutes. Dragon traps Tyler and finishes him with the elbows. Fans are going nuts for this. MOTY chants. "Their best encounter yet."

~Aries has jumped Jimmy Jacobs and they are beating the hell out of each other. Think Strong/Stevens from Supercard. The brawl has now headed in to the crowd! Aries is now bleeding. They've taken the fight to the autograph table!

8) HONOR RUMBLE! 15 Men In All Will Be Entered

Entrants, in order: were Bobby Dempsey, Kyle Durden, Jay Briscoe, Erick Stevens, Claudio Castagnoli, Ernie Osiris, Necro Butcher, Bushwhacker Luke Williams, Mark Briscoe, Ruckus, Rhett Titus, Sara del Rey, Alex Payne, Delirious, ROH champ Nigel McGuinness.

Elimination, in order: Durden by Jay Briscoe, Williams by Necro, Necro eliminated by Briscoes, Mark Briscoe eliminated by Ruckus, Dempsey by everyone, Jay Briscoe by Nigel, del Rey by Stevens, Osiris by Delirious, Delirious, Stevens, Titus by Delirious, Payne by Nigel, Nigel by Ruckus.

Winner eliminating Nigel last (who came in saying he'd prevent anyone from challenging him in Manassas): RUCKUS

Bye-bye, Claudio!! Here's hoping you come back as a part of SnS... AND TEAMING UP WITH CHRIS HERO ONCE AGAIN!!!

Really? Ruckus won the rumble?

Reaction score
Damn that Toronto show was crazy I went with my brother and my non wrestling fan Uncle and they both F'N loved it and so did I, lets see TNA top that.

Montana

Just got back from the show, and i think this live report over rated the show a tad. It was an alright crowd, but not as big as tag wars. It felt like it was a different crowd than shows in the past. It didnt as rowdy as normal.

The ninjas guys were pretty cool, and D-ray was way over in detroit. The ppv kicks off with a promo and a squash match. At least the briscoes are back, and mark appears very close to full strength. ** The fourway was good, nothing great. **3/4 STeen/Necro was alright again, not as good as proving ground, BUT steen did a killer move on the chair. It was like the mininacku driver. However you spell it. Thta was kinda cool. **3/4 Then things picked up.

Nigel/Claudio started off on fire. Not sure why this wasn't the main event. Very good match, but it could have used a few more minutes, like every match on the card. Nigel won pretty easily, and said Claudio finally proved something to nigel. Nigel went to shake his hand and claudio left roh in a odd silence. The fans were shocked, and i dont think half of them knew it could be his last match. Also Claudio was all business for this match, he really didnt play to the crowd too much. Came out and wrestled, i think that was part of the match pyschology, but still the regular claudio. ***3/4

THEN a 45 minute intermission. (close enough)

Come back with Kenny Omega and Silas YOung. Omega won the fans over. This was pretty short, but the crowd def. liked omega. He hit a few big moves and was very clean and crisp. It appears he will use some comedy to go with his character. ***

Then Roddy/Marifuji vs Hero/Go. Finally the crowd was got hot like normal. Marifuji was way over. Good solid tag match and lance storm fun. ***3/4

Danielson vs Black. I dont know about MOTY, but very solid. I dont think this would have been as good had the ring not broke. That took this match to a ****1/4 match. Tyler Black had a very hard time getting heel heat, or any reaction for that matter.

Then the big brawl. I missed most of it, but my buddy was close to it, said it was awesome. Big ladder/table spot at the end. Very good way to end the show.

Then the Honor Rumble, which was a fun comedy match. The buzzer seemed to keep going off at random times, although i'd say it was about 1 minute per interval. Crowd was dead for this. ROH could have done a lot with this, but they kept it simple. ***1/2

Everyone seemed very pleased while exiting, and i was too however i think i over hyped the show myself. They should have just added the honor rumble to the main show and left off the first 3 matches to the ppv.

PeepShow

I found this on another site and thought I'd post it.

7) Bryan Danielson defeats Tyler Black. Crowd was red hot before the match even begins. Tyler is made aware that his head is in fact in danger of being f***ing kicked in. Dragon is bending and twisting Black up Jack Evans style! Crowd lets Dragon know that he's a sick f*** for doing such a thing!

Tyler Black hurls Dragon in to the corner with a powerbomb so strong that the ring breaks! Dragon kicked out from that, a superkick, and a Small Package Driver! Fans are on their feet for the final 5 minutes. Dragon traps Tyler and finishes him with the elbows. Fans are going nuts for this. MOTY chants. "Their best encounter yet."

Sounds like fun. Might have to DL if I see it available.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
it sounded like an OK show, but with it being a PPV taping, some important stuff still went down with Claudio and the AOTF stuff. AOTF sounded like they pulled a Prophecy on Detroit by not defending the belts. Kenny Omega is awesome, and I'm sure more people will jump on his bandwagon soon enough. Ruckus winning was nice, because I'm so bored with the current Main Event scene with Nigel beating everyone already.

I might do the same with next week's NYC show, if I get a ride to get there. These 4 shows seem pretty major.

What music did Omega come out to, was it some techno song?

Montana

The crowd was dead for the honor rumble. It only last maybe 15 minutes. Nigel and Ruckus were only in there together for maybe a minute. Zero Ruckus chants in this match, but he got a nice pop when he won. The crowd was better for him in the 4 way, but the first 3 matches of the show were kinda weak. (non-ppv worthy)

Danielson/Black breaking the ring was F"n sweet. Black seemed a little confused, but jacobs told him not to do the phoenix splash. (i was thinking do it on the floor) I have no clue if this was scripted or not. I dont think it was cause it took a good 20 mins to fix, and they basically switched the bottom rope for the top. SO for the honor rumble, there was only the 2nd and 3rd ropes

Omega did come out to a techno song that said attencion (spanish for attention?)

also, the booking was a lil odd. They used Silas young twice, however Titus was only in the rumble. Aries/Jacobs didnt even have a real match with a depleted roster. I found it very odd mitch franklin, silas young, shane hagadorn all made it to ppv. Steen/Necro really wasn't that hardcore. Im probably over criticin it, but it had its pros/cons. The show just started a little slow.

Soulpower

Omega did come out to a techno song that said atencion (spanish for attention?)

CORRECT!!!

My problem with Ruckus winning the Honor Rumble is that he hasn't been doing much as of late. I'm all for new challengers, but this one just seemed to come out of nowhere.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
The music is what makes Kenny Omega so great, his stuff with the JAPW Title Belt and his entrance is so sick.

Ruckus winning was unexpected, and even though he won't win, there could be some big storyline coming in with it. The 4th participant in the NYC Title Match hasn't been announced yet, so it could do with that. That's what I'm hoping, but they could just play it out straight forward.

Montana

Do you have any video of it? His song played for like 30 secs then came on in top of ramp and did a robo, then a like a fireball , then came to the ring. There were a few Omega chants scattered as well.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score

Soulpower

Ongoing results from the Virginia show.

Preshow

1) Ernie Osiris & Bobby Shields defeat Ninja White & Ninja Yellow when Osiris holds the ropes for the pin fall.

2) Dirty Sanchez & Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne defeat John Kermon & Cordova when Sugarfoot pins Kermon with a perfect plex.

3) Sean Denny defeats Mitch Franklin with a backslide.

Main Show

1) Jay & Mark Briscoe defeat Adam Pearce & Shane Hagadorn with a springboard doomsday device. Nothing special. After the match Brent Albright runs out to run off SNS Inc.

2) Pelle Primeau defeats Rex Sterling with a roll up. Match sucked.

3) Delirious defeats Rhett Titus with a Cobra Stretch. Titus tried to use Daizee as a human shield at one point. Haze tells Delirious that he's a "good friend" after the match.

4) Roderick Strong defeats Necro Butcher in an absolute war with a Gibson Driver. Roddy and Necro beat the hell out of each other. Necro attacked Roderick with the ring bell and the ring barrier. Roddy nailed a sick kick to Necro's head. Necro hit Strong with an Ace Crusher on two chairs. Roderick also hit Necro with a half nelson backbreaker on back to back standing chairs before delivering the Gibson Driver for the 3.

5) Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin vs. Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries ends in a 25 minute draw. Definite MOTY candidate, amazing stuff. The match began with Dragon and Shelley having some excellent technical back and forth. Sabin came in and he and Dragon had a great submission exhibition. Aries was tagged in but wasn't on his usual A-Game early. Crowd actually chanted "TAG IN BRYAN". The Machine Guns hit stereo dives on Aries and Dragon. Aries gets tagged in and drills the Guns with a Heat Seeking Missile. Shelley and Aries get back in with some AWESOME fast paced back and forth reversals and counters. Match ends in a 20 minute draw as Aries and Dragon have their respective finishers applied.

Crowd wants five more minutes, and actually gets it this time! Shelley hits a Superkick on Dragon knocking him back in to Aries. It leads to a Sliced Bread/Powerbomb INCREDIBLE near fall. Shelley and Aries trade back and forth the Border City Stretch and Last Chancery. Time expires once again.

This time the Age of the Fall attack the Machine Guns. Aries runs them off. Aries gets a mic and asks Shelley for a truce after all the bad history between them. Shelley takes the mic and says NO! Machine Guns leave. MOTYC without a doubt.

~INTERMISSION~

6) Brent Albright defeats Chris Hero with a half nelson suplex. Hero cut a promo before the match putting himself over as the young Knock Out Kid and says he's going to give Brent a concussion. Hero hit Brent with a sick yakuza kick while Brent was perched up top, then followed with a springboard blockbuster. Brent caught Hero with the half nelson for 3. After the match Pearce brawled with Albright.

7) ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats Ruckus to retain. Ruckus tried all his best flying and acrobatic maneuvers to take down Nigel. Ruckus did land the Moonsault Legdrop at one point. He went for the Razzle Dazzle but McGuinness speared Ruckus in the back. From there it was all Nigel. Nigel worked over Ruckus' legs and back in the ropes. Ruckus went for one last desperation dive but crashed and burned. Nigel locked in the London Dungeon for the win.

8) ROH World Tag Team Championships: Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black defeat Go Shiozaki & Naomichi Marufuji to retain in a match totally on par with the MCMG/Team Work tag. Teams were dead even going back and forth. Near falls galore. Jacobs speared Go and Black hit a frog splash for a near fall. Jacobs got Marufuji in the End Time but Go broke it up with a superkick. Black kicks Go, and Marufuji superkicks Black and all four are down. Go hits a splash on Jacobs for two. Black takes Go's head off with a big yakuza. Go shoots up and goes chop CRAZY on Black. Go locks Black in a Dragon Sleeper. Black teases tapping but gets to the ropes. Marufuji hits the coast to coast, and Go hits Black with a big german and a moonsault off the top. 2 and 9/10s but not 3. Go attempts the Go Flasher but Jacobs hits a spear to break it up. Jacobs and Black hit the top rope assisted Contra-Code on Go but only for another 2 count. Black connects with God's Last Gift but Go kicks out AGAIN! Jacobs disposes of Marufuji, Black hits Go with the Phoenix Splash for the win. Another amazing tag, dead even with the Gun's match.

~After the match Aries and Shelley hit the ring and take out the Age. Shelley says Aries and he can have their truce. They shake hands and that ends the show.