ROH Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Preshow:

1.)Michael Nakazawa defeats Alex Sugarfoot Payne

Main Show:

1.)El Generico defeats Jack Evans with a brainbusta.It is said Jack is needed help out of the ring.

2.)Nigel McGuiness out with a mic.Lariat for Generico and the London Dungeon.Nigel hightails out cause out comes Steen to make the save.Steen cuts a promo on why people like him.They can relate because they can relate.All the people think Nigel is an obnoxious asshole.Steen says he runs his mouth and kicks ass like no one else and he'll take the title.I'm doing it for me,Generico and the fans.New champion will be Mr.Wrestling.Said to be a very good promo.

3.)Jigsaw defeats Mitch Franklin with the Jig and Tonic.

4.)SNS Inc. is out.Hero says no more comic relief.He was robbed of the title and blames himself.He threatens to kick out Dempsey,does shirtless and strapless.Said to be very gross.Makes him get on his knees.Hits him.Real heel heat now.Beats him till he bleeds and throws him out of Sweet and Sour Inc.

5.)Eddie Edwards and Chris Hero defeat Erick Stevens and Pelle Primeau when Hero hits a roaring elbow on Pelle and knocks him out.

6.)Brent Albright defeats Delirious when Albright makes Delirious tap to the crowbar.Daizee lays on Delirious to protect him.Sweeney wants Albright to break Daizee's arm.Albright leaves.

7.)Necro Butcher defeats Roderick Strong when Erick Stevens comes out and Doctor Bombs Roderick through a table and Necro covers Strong for the win.Necro motions that he wants the FIP World Title.

Intermission Return Date is Saturday October 25th.

8.)Claudio Castagnoli defeats Kota Ibushi with the Ricola Bomb.Match was said to be fun.It started out slow but picked up well.

9.)Tammy Sytch is out.Sweeney interrupts and comes out with Sara Del Rey.Sweeney wants Tammy to make Del Rey into a diva.Sara says she's a wrestler and not a diva and walks out.

10.)Nigel McGuiness retains the ROH World Title over Kevin Steen with a cheap rollup by holding the ropes.Steen freaks out.And the babyfaces comeout and make him leave as he yells at Cary.Claudio and Nigel with a staredown.Claudio now has the mic.Claudio lays down a challenge for Hammerstein.Nigel says Claudio is a midcard jobber.Nigel says back up and Claudio won't back up.Nice killer promo and says no title shot and walks away.Claudio says Nigel is scared and gets a hey for anyone that wants to see the title match at Hammerstein.

11.)Jay and Mark Briscoe win the ROH World Tag Team Titles from Davey Richards and Rocky Romero when they hit the Jay Driller on Rocky and then hit the Springboard Doomsday on Davey as The Briscoes regain the ROH World Tag Team Titles!!!!!

Time to Man Up... again!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I knew it! I knew the Briscoe Brothers would regain the ROH World Tag Team titles. Over all it looks like a pretty solid show…I’m gonna have to check this one out.

Montana

Hmm, someone bitches on the roh site about no title nor tag titles being on the line at Tag Wars, and all of a sudden we have new champs??

Ah well, Im kinda surprise Ibushi is on a losing streak, looks like he will win his last match.

I wonder if we are going to miss hero's antics

Nigel vs Cluadio at Hammerstein?? Thats the big matchup right now.

Soulpower

I wonder if we are going to miss hero's antics

Maybe not.. It depends, anyways. If this is the start of a more focused Chris Hero, one that can be a legitimate main eventer, then I won't miss Hero's antics. But I don't want him being serious and still losing all the big matches.

Montana

Tag Wars Results + Review

Im plagiarizing half of this, due to me being lazy, but im adjusting it too. Part is from the roh board with my star ratings plus analysis.

Silas Young vs Rhett Titus was a great showing, esp for Young which for most people that don't know much about him, he is one talented mofo, he's got alot of charisma and his workrate is awesome, he impressed me yet again tonight.

**1/2

The six man with the lower guys was a pretty enjoyable match, that one guy "Elgin" did look very impressive although i was annoyed to hell by these group of fanboys not far from us chanting for him obnoxiously the whole early part of the show and of course none of us knew who he was at all and they would chant other stupid things that just made me chant back STFU, like calling Jacobs "old timer" and some other bs.

**3/4

Jigsaw & Matthews was good too, my first time seeing "Mercury" under the ROH banner since leaving the WWE and he was pretty violent and cold-hearted but calculating, had some pretty good moves he pulled out, some looked more awkward than others but i def liked the swinging neckbreaker off the 2nd rope, good thing for Jigsaw that he won because that makes him look good esp against someone of Matthews caliber.

**3/4

Nigel & Claudio vs Steenerico was another solid match, def one of my choices for match of the night. Nigel was all over Steen's case the whole pre-match comparing him to a contestant on the World's Biggest Loser, being nothing more than just a fat guy that cracks jokes, Steen definitely proved him wrong and stepped up his A game when he got the chance, the passion was in full effect, there were dueling HEY! OLE! chants after each strike by Claudio and Generico.

***1/2

Claudio definitely proved himself worthy of a title shot after tonight's performance, esp to steal the spotlight from Nigel by scoring the win after that SICK gorilla press into a Euro Uppercut followed by the RIIIICOLA!! Bomb, totally awesome finish and to see Claudio posing with the title afterward, a great taste of things to come.

Delirious vs Necro was a sick battle, definitely as much as i expected and then some, one of the best parts was seeing one of the security guys sitting at ringside get totally creamed with the clothesline by Delirious, he took that like a pro and was out like a light for the whole match, we were all dyin by my section. Necro was nuts, did his bodyslam with a chair spot, went crazy and slammed a bunch of chairs on Delirious on the outside and followed that up with showering the ring with chairs as well as they both took bumps on piles of chairs, Zach Gowen was there playing Cheerleader for Necro, and when it started to look like he was getting ganged up on, Daizee Haze made the run in and eliminated gowen, took his cane and broke it off his back and cheap shotted him, she got a massive pop and it was really awesome for her. Delirious lost after a backbreaker on two folding chairs pushed together back to back, needless to say, that was SICK.

***1/4

Before i ramble further about the show, i need to make my notes on my memorable moments of the evening. When we started intermission, my good friend Reilly was paged over the arena to show at the Merchandise stands for somethin we weren't sure of at the time, so next thing we know, we're chanting his name for the few of us in front row and all my 15+ friends in General admission joined in and were chanting with us : REILLY! REILLY! REILLY! REILLY! it was quite a moment.

Vulture Squad vs Sweet n Sour - I could've given a more legitimate report on how the match was, but i was too busy heckling Dempsey and all of his whale gerth on the outside, i cannot believe they're making him come out there and expose all of that nasty blubber, it's just uhhh *Shudders* Some of the best parts saw Hagadorn smacking Dempsey right in his oversized gerth and laughing, eventually Dempsey crawled under the ring and i yelled him down, told him to stay under there and cry like the woman he is, because yeah, all my friends always constantly chant at him " YOUR A WOMAN! " and he will never hear the end of it.

I will admit, it was great seeing Jack back in action, he definitely hasn't missed a beat, all his spots were right on and him and Ruckus defintely blend well together, def nice to see them get the win and a nice touch for Hero to be all serious now, i like the new attitude.

Briscoes vs Ibushi/Aries was another of the best matches of the night, esp just for Ibushi alone, that guy is one helluva athlete, once he gets fired up, he tears the house down. Seeing what i did of him on the highlight vids on rohvideos.com definitely did justice to what he's capable of, he's one STIFF kicker and he is very talented with his flips too, esp with the backflip into the pele to one of the Briscoes on the top rope, that's just nuts.
Too many things to name, other than the fact that the match was definitely amazing and i'm glad aries was in good shape to wrestle, he didn't disappoint one bit.

****1/2

MCMG vs AOTF - Definitely gotta say this stole the show, crowd was on fire since the Guns were back in ROH and esp in their hometown, my friend Dennis got his moment in as always, Shelley was on the apron watching the match and he screamed at him while it got quiet " SHELLEY YOUR THE F***IN MAN!! " and Shelley looks at him and smiles and points n follows up with a peace sign and then seconds later, all my friends in general admission start chanting " F**K YOU DENNIS!!! *Clap clap clap clap clap* F**K YOU DENNIS! " and we were on the floor, the story behind that is we all started sayin that to him because he hates Jeff Hardy so in retort, that's what we say to him whenever he's on TV or wins a match, and it was just classic to have that come out during ROH and he soaked it up.

So many amazing spots, and nearfalls that had me jumpin up n down, the fire was unbelieveable between both teams, they were hitting super hard, Shelley's chops were SO vicious, prob the loudest i've heard in a long time and that's sayin somethin, i've been to my share of live events and Shelley puts most of the knife edge chops to shame after how he did it today, but one thing is for sure, we were all pretty floored when AOTF won by tapout and it followed by the trash being thrown wildly in the ring at Jacobs and Black, it was definitely a moment.

****1/2

I can't decide on motn, although my buddies all though the Briscoes match. After Jacobs got the win, the ring was showered with bottles and paper wads. Near Riot. Large attendence, probably close to 1000, wouldnt be surprised if not more. The chairs were back to the merchandise stand just about.

You gotta see those last two matches. The Storyline telling was great in AOTF/MCMG match, but the briscoes match was very crisp. THe briscoes match was about 18 and the main event was probably close to 30+

Great show, but the final two matches over shadowed all else.

Soulpower

FUCK! Ibushi jobbed out again? This is why he SHOULD have been booked to beat Davey last week.

Montana

Im not too mad about it. These are like "one time only" appearances in the US. He's already had argueably 3 motn performances. Im pretty sure he's goin over El generico is a great match tonight. THey will build it up, as he must win one match to make the trip a sucess.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
where can i see this aotf/mcmg match!?

buy it on rohwrestling.com in about 5 or 6 weeks, that's the best you can do.

Yesterday's show seemed pretty good, but reading tonight's results, it looks even better. I'm really liking the Jimmy/Aries/Lacey love triangle, as much as I love the AOTF, I like emo Jimmy better.

Montana

So far, tonight hasn't impressed me much. I can't see tonight show being any better than tag wars. Delirous vs. Necro i rated low at 3 1/4 when i missed half the match, and was better than that. Two 4 Star + Matches. Tag wars was probably top 15 shows I've seen in ROH, If not better.

Soulpower

Man.. They're going overboard with Jimmy Jacobs. He's been in like 4 segments already.

Anyways, ongoing results!!

Preshow:
Danny Daniels and Rhett Titus v Trik Davis and Ernie Osiris

-winners: Daniels and Titus

Main Show
Silas Young v Austin Aries

-Aries wins with Horns of Aries in about 8min. Elongated Squash.
Post match, Jacobs comes out and congradulates Aries on joining AotF. He's pround opf Laceys recruting. He dosnt want others touching his "things", meaning Lacey. Aries responds by saying its hard to be 2nd in command, and implied they had sex all night. He said Jimmy is "a lot of wht he ate that night, p****". He's not joining, and Lacey has left the AotF. He tells Jimmy not to get in his or Lacey buisness

Sugarfoot v Mitch Franklin
Match went for a min, and Jimmy came back out. He's pissed and sends Necro out to destroy the students. Its a hardcore handicap match. Necro beat the sh!t outta them! Double pin. Necro wins in less than 2 mins. Continues beatdown after match

Claudio Castagnoli & Pelle Primeau vs. Brent Albright & Adam Pearce
-Pelle gets beaten down, makes tag, CC cleans house, Pearce hits Brent with his case, CC hits Ricola bomb, and wins

Shimmer 4 way:
-A "Marijuana" chant breaks out for Daziee. And a "Hot Topic" chant for MsChif. Lacey tries to start a "silicone" chant directed at Ashley, fails. Good match, Mschif wins while Lacey and Daizee are fighting outside the ring. Post match, Jimmy back out, asks Lacey why. She wants to talk, but not in public. She leaves. Aries out to walks to get Lacey, they make out. Jimmy collapses in tears. Crowd throws streamers at Jimmy while he's crying. Its damn funny. AotF out to help, Jimmy refuses.

Delirous vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney
-decent match, a little boring. Hero wins with a roaring elbow. Possible Delirous heel turn

The Rematch One Year In The Making- Non Title:
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin

-the opening 10 mins are better than the opening 20 last year. Amazing so far. Shelly skullf*cked Jay!!! Awesome move live, and a "you got skullf*cked" chant. So many great spots to list. Lots of near near falls. MCMG win after top rope slice bread #2 from alex to mark. I think better than last year. Shelley pointed out they tied as all posed together. MCMG leave, AotF come out, Jimmy, Necro, Tyler, Gowen, Matthews, and Allison. They bloody the Briscoes. Jimmy spkies himself in anger. Aotf looks concerned as they leave

Intermission

El Generico v Kota Ibushi
-the match was amazing as you would have thought. Ibushi deserves to come back. Ibushi hit a reverse rana off the top rope, then the phoenix splash for the win. Amazing!!!

Six Man Tag Team Match:
Jack Evans, Ruckus & Jigsaw vs. Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & Joey Matthews
-Zack Gowen replaced Jimmy. The crowd is pissed! Someone yelled at Tyler "you got 2 guys that Vince fired! Your F*cked!" and Tyler laughed. It was hilarious. AotF win after Black pins Jack with Small Package Driver. Post Match, Jimmy comes out and sends AotF to the back. He says he needs to do this alone. He tells Aries he broke his heart, and calls out Aries. Aries attacks, but Aotf come back out, minus Necro, and attack. The beat him down, and are setting up to spike him. Lacey out and begs him to stop, think macho, liz, and honkey tonk. Jimmy grabs Lacey and sets to spike her, but collapses and cries. AotF leave.

Nigel McGuiness beats Kevin Steen via a Jawbreaker Lariat.

PeepShow

Guns win! :happybday:

Sounds like a good show. Can't wait till both yesterday and today's shows make it online.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
ROH 5/9/08
Manassas, Virginia

1) Chris Hero (w/ Larry Sweeney, Bobby Dempsey, & Shane Hagadorn) defeated Pelle Primeau with a big boot. Pre-match Sweeney heeled on Manassas and made Dempsey hide under the ring when the fans cheered his name. Surprisingly competitive match.

Sara Del Ray came out after the match and stared down Sweeney. Sweeney asked if she got her check and she said yes. Sweeney then reintroduced Del Ray as part of Sweet'n'Sour Inc. Del Ray beat up a ring technician afterwards.

2) Rhett Titus & Rex Sterling defeated Mitch Franklin & Sean Denny when Titus gave Franklin the Razor's Edge. Big reaction for local star Denny who got streamers and a
Please Come Back" chants even though he didn't do much in the match.

3) Brent Albright defeated Nigel McGuinness, Claudio Castagnoli, & Damien Wayne in a non-title Four Corner Survival via ref stoppage when he repeatedly kneed Wayne in the head. This was practically a tag match with Nigel & Albright vs. Claudio & Wayne. Wayne got a decent reaction but was surprisingly less over then Sean Denny. Lots of heat for the Nigel-Claudio interaction. Disappointing considering the talent in the ring.

4) Austin Aries defeated Erick Stevens by submission with the End Times. Before the match Aries came out in street clothes and called out Jimmy Jacobs. Jacobs didn't show but Stevens did and was annoyed that Aries wasn't focused on him. Aries went nuts and wrestled the match in his street clothes. After the match Aries said that Jacobs drove Lacey away when he said that her love isn't what saved him, and that he couldn't speak the horrible thing that Jacobs did to her. He then went backstage to look for Jacobs.

5) Necro Butcher defeated Jack Evans in a No DQ Match following a sidewalk slam through stacked chairs. Wild but short match that saw Necro get busted open early from an Evans kick.

Intermission- ROH comes back to Manassas on August 1, with another Hammerstein show the next night.

6) Jimmy Jacobs defeated Jay Briscoe in a No DQ Match by submission to the End Times. Prior to the match Austin Aries jumped Jacobs. Briscoe eventually got involved and the match was made No DQ. Crazy match. Afterwards Aries returned and jumped Jacobs, but Necro Butcher made the save. Aries brawled with Necro and Jacobs until Damien Wayne, Sean Denny, and Rex Sterling broke them up. Wayne helped Briscoe to the back.

7) Bryan Danielson defeated Tyler Black by submission to a half Boston crab. Great match that was mostly Danielson with a few comebacks by Black. Black blocked Cattle Mutilation, the striking elbows, and the Crossface Chicken Wing during the match. Danielson eventually got a leglock that Black made it to the ropes for but quickly turned it into a single leg crab. After the match Danielson offered to shake hands with Black but Black spit his gum at him. Danielson instead forced the referee to chew the gum and lead the crowd in a rousing edition of "The Final Countdown."

8) Takeshi Morishima, Naomichi Marifuji, & Go Shiozaki defeated the No Remorse Corps when Marifuji nailed Rocky Romero with a buzzsaw kick (among other things). Awesome, awesome match. The beginning of the match was played for comedy, especially between Romero and Morishima, the middle of the match was largely strikes, and the end was fast and furious action. Great match.

PeepShow

Here are the results so far from tonights show:

Ring of Honor Wrestling
New York, NY
May 10, 2008
7:30 PM EDT

ROH Debut @ The Manhattan Center's Hammerstein Ballroom

1) FIP World Heavyweight Championship: Roderick Strong defeats Go Shiozaki & Erick Stevens to retain the FIP World Championship. Strong pinned Erick Stevens. "Great opener" (Note: Possibly better than Collyer & Stryker from Expect The Unexpected)

2) Tag Team Challenge Match: Kevin Steen & El Generico defeat Rocky Romero & Davey Richards. Steenerico wins with the Piledriver/Brainbuster combination as Generico pins Davey Richards.

3) Tag Team Scramble: Delirious & Pelle defeat Hero & Albright and Evans & Jigsaw. Delirious pins Chris Hero.

- Brent ALBRIGHT quits Sweet & Sour, Inc. ALBRIGHT destroys all members and leaves! Huge ovation for Mr. ALBRIGHT!

- Attendence near 2,000.

- ROH Returns to the (for the idiots on this forum) Manhattan Center's Hammerstein Ballroom on August 2, 2008 - MOTORCITY MACHINE GUNS RETURN ON AUGUST 2!

4) NOAH vs ROH Rematch: Bryan Danielson defeats Naomichi Marufuji.

5) Battle of the Brawlers: Morishima defeats The Necro Butcher. Apparently the match was not as good as expected as "things didn't click" between the two.

6) ROH Tag Team Champions Jay Briscoe & Austin Aries d. Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black to retain their titles.

7) ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats Claudio Castagnoli.

Really surprised that Delirious won tbqh.

And OMG at the Guns coming back again!~ :y:

Here's a pic from the show:

rohly8.jpg

Looks pretty full for the first time in a while :y:

Rell

Reaction score
:shocking: I missed out on a lot

Time to search the globe (internet) for illegal downloads