ROH Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

This leads to me think Albright might somehow cost Danielson the match vs Stevens. Even though ROH almost never does this. Maybe something like Albright attacks him before the match or soemthing. I can't see Stevens defeating both Aries and Danielson cleanly.

Where was Nigel?? i mean he just had a concussion and stitches right?

Soulpower

Nigel is touring with Pro Wrestling NOAH... Yeah, he's not healthy enough for ROH, but apparently he's healthy enough to make a trip to Japan.

Soulpower

Ring Of Honor
Inman Sports Club
January 12th, 2007- 7:30pm belltime
990 Inman Avenue
Edison, NJ 08820

Results

Preshow

1) Pelle Primeau & Kyle Durden defeat Orange Cassidy & ??

Main Show

1) The YRR of Sal Rinauro, Jason Blade, & Kenny King defeat Delirious, El Generico, & Mike Quackenbush when Delirious was hit with a crutch and Jason Blade got the pin. Good opener.

~All of Sweet & Sour Inc. with the exception of Bobby Dempsey are in the ring. They announce the $1000 Daniel Puder submission challenge. First up is Alex Payne, and he's submitted quickly. Rhett Titus is next, and he's done in 30 seconds.

~Larry Sweeney announces that Chris Hero and Sara Del Rey are now the Intergender World Tag Team Champions. They will defend the belts against Ernie Osiris and Alexa Thatcher. The belts are a joke.

2) Chris Hero & Sara Del Rey squash Ernie Osiris & Alexa Thatcher to retain the "Intergender World Tag Team Championships".

3) Roderick Strong defeats Jigsaw when he made him tap to a new submission. It resembled a backwards Figure 4.

4) Jimmy Jacobs defeats Jack Evans by submitting him to the Guillotine Choke.

5) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Austin Aries after two Ricola Bombs. Aries was playing heel throughout the match.

~Claudio calls out Puder and says he wants to take Puder's $1000 challenge. Claudio puts up $1000 of his own money to take on Puder. Puder can not make Claudio tap, so Sweeney attacks Claudio with a chair and steals his money to end the first half.

~INTERMISSION~

6) BJ Whitmer & Shane Hagadorn defeat Bobby Fish & Eddie Edwards after a Whitmer powerbomb on Fish.

7) Kevin Steen defeats Brent Albright with the Package Piledriver. Good match.

8) FIP World Heavyweight Championship: Erick Stevens defeats Bryan Danielson following a restart. Just like last night, the match ended via countout and Stevens has it restarted. He PINNED DANIELSON with a Doctor Bomb. (then I died a little inside).

9) The Age of the Fall vs. Briscoes brawl ends in a no contest. Jay got injured during a spot with a ladder and EMTs came out to attend to him. The Vulture Squad (Evans & Jigsaw) came out and brawled with Black and Necro. Apparently this became the match, as Jack won with a springboard 630. Nothing else said about Jay.

OH COME ON!!! Why are they pushing Stevens so hard? And what's with using the exact same finish two nights in a row? As for Jay, I'm surprised he got hurt (Since its usually Mark that gets hurt) but I hope he's all right.

Rell

Reaction score
I bet Jays injury was a work, and I may be late but since when has the YRR (Young Rich & Ready) been competing on ROH main shows. I thought they were exclusive to FIP lol.

Soulpower

The YRR wrestled in two shows late last year... Each one of them jobbed to Danielson >_>

As for Jay's injury, I think it might be legit. Reports were saying that Necro Butcher was the one that called for help after Jay got hurt.

Rell

Reaction score
If Necro Butcher called for help than its definitely real. The guys "hate" each other so why would Necro wanna help a Briscoe? I hope hes alright, these damn Briscoe's need to tone it down a bit. I'm still having flashbacks of Mark Briscoes shooting star press :shocking:

Soulpower

If Necro Butcher called for help than its definitely real.

It seems we got worked, and you were right the first time... Jay was knocked out on Friday's show after a Superkick by Jigsaw, and ROH opted to run the injury angle last night as a precautionary measure so that Jay wouldn't suffer a concussion.

They basically did it to take him out of the match without pissing off the fans. Its actually a good move in my opinion.

Rell

Reaction score
roflmao I got Russoed

Soulpower

We all did, Rell, we all did.

And it was announced today that Nigel will defend the ROH title against Go Shiozaki on January 20.

Montana

a) Ernie Osiris & Rhett Titus over Sigmon & Ryan Dookie

b) Dingo over Alex Payne

1) Jay & Mark Briscoe over Jigsaw & "M-Dogg" Matt Cross when Jay pinned Cross following a Jay-Driller...No explanation on Ruckus being MIA. Jay on the mic afterwards tells the AOTF to 'Man UP!'

2) Claudio Castagnoli over Adam Pearce following a Ricola Bomb

~Return Date: June 27, 2008

3) Erick Stevens over Davey Richards and Austin Aries in the FIP World Heavyweight Title Match when Stevens pinned Davey with the Doctor Bomb. Post-match, Aries still refuses to shake hands.

~Attendance seems up from the November show...Positive!

4) The Hangmen Three of BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright over Delirious & El Generico in a No DQ Match. Albright kneed Generico into submission, as Pearce dragged Delirious to the back. Said to be an "Insane" match.

~INTERMISSION

Back from the brief intermission, Jimmy Jacobs is out and invites Austin Aries to join the Age of the Fall.

5) Daizee Haze over Lacey with a roll-up

~AOTF reveal JOEY MATTHEWS/MERCURY as their mystery partner for the night. Briscoes are out and then fought to the back, while Matthews cuts a promo about WWE and Personal Demons....

6) Roderick Strong & Rocky Romero over Jimmy Jacobs & Joey Matthews when Strong made Jacobs tap out. Post-match, Tyler Black called out Bryan Danielson

7) Bryan Danielson over Tyler Black in 25+ minutes when Black hit a Phoenix Splash, but Danielson was able to take the splash momentum and roll it thru for the pin. Holic said it was easily an early MOTYC and another board member with considerable knowledge on the product sent me a message on his own to rave that "it was one of the Top 5 ROH matches I have ever seen."

INTERMISSION to set up STEEL CAGE

8) Nigel McGuinness retained the ROH World Title over Chris Hero in a Steel Cage Match. Nigel eeked out the win by making it to the floor first. Bobby Dempsey inadvertantly smashed Hero with the cage door and SnS beat Bobby down post-match.

========================================================

I would have thought necro would get 25 minutes against danielson and black just 10.

Surprised NRC won.

Soulpower

Well, the AoTF can't win them all without making the rest of the stables look inferior. I'm looking forward to seeing Danielson vs Black. I knew the match had the potential to be good, but I thought it was going to be an extended squash.

Soulpower

Ongoing ROH Results

1) Bryan Danielson and Austin Aries defeat Jay Briscoe and Erick Stevens when Danielson pins Jay Briscoe with a small package.Danielson bows to Aries after the match since Aries still refuses to shake hands.

2) Shane Hagadorn defeats Pelle Primeay when Hagadorn hits Pelle with a pair of brass knuckles.

3) Sweet and Sour Inc. out for a promo.Chris Hero and Sara Del Rey vs.Alex Sugarfoot Payne and Kyle Durton is up now!!Hero and Del Rey win!!Hero and Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze and Jigsaw is up now!!The Intergender World Tag Titles are NOT on the line!!Hero and Del Rey win!!

4) Claudio Castagnoli and El Generico wrestle to a time-limit draw

5) Mark Briscoe defeats Joey Matthews with a Shooting Star Press.

Return Date:April 19,2008...

6) Delirious defeats Adam Pearce with a splash through a table.

7) Davey Richards defeats Tyler Black in the Tag Team Scramble.Whitmer taps to Danielson in the Triangle Choke. NRC wins belts when Davey Richards pins Austin Aries!

8) Nigel McGuiness defeats Roderick Strong via Jawbreaker Lariat to retain the ROH Title.

Note... Kota Ibushi will be the other Japanese wrestler in ROH and he will debut at the April 19 show.

Montana

It didnt take long for Age of the Fall to drop the belts. Quite a surprise imo. NRC deserved them, but odd timing i guess.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

im disapointed age of fall lost. thought it would be good for jacobs to get him credability to move up the card by holding tag titles for a long time

Rell

Reaction score
im disapointed age of fall lost. thought it would be good for jacobs to get him credability to move up the card by holding tag titles for a long time

That could actually be the reason he lost. Now Matthews and Black can tag while Jacobs goes after the "heavyweights"