ROCK vs cRAP

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

yeah... it does... and irish is technically folk music too if you wanna maybe think that way too

Bradders

Reaction score
There is no supreme genre. People may like dance, hip-hop, heavy metal it doesn't really matter because we all like different things and I can assure you no-one in this world will just listen to one genre for the rest of their lives.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
^^^

i rather become a TNA fan boy than to listen to any other genera besides rock.

but i see your point, everyone fails to mention that maturity/when you grew up as something to do with this. because i know when i turned on the radio when i was 7 years old and heard soundgarden and pearl jam that it was the greatest music ever.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Drums are used in rock. Therefore the best part of rap(in my opignion) is something wich comes from rock.

Drums come from rock?

Do I really need to point out the ridicolousness of this statement, or is just quoting it enough?

The Mojo

Reaction score
I listen to both but if I had to choose it would be Rock.

IDK why, I just like it better than Rap

MikeRaw

I didnt red al this shit but i read the first page.
But IMO Rock is too broad of a term.Rock can be anything from Beatles to Elvis to Pearl Jam to Kelyl Clarkson to Led Zepplin to Guns N Roses to a million other bands and you may no like evry rock band.Rock is too big a term.
HoweerI am not a hge fan of rock.
I only like certain Rock.Shit like Pearl Jam,Led Zepplin,Stone Tem,ple Pilots,I dontmind heavy rock like that that still isnt metal.I dont really like soft rock though ...
However Rap I only like Eminem and not too much else.
So I would say Rock>>>Rap although I mostly listen to punkmusic...So I cant choose one over the other by a landslide but I will give the edge to rock even though I still dont listen to it that much...

the dark knight

before i leave this stupid thread:

standard rock = 2 guitars + bass + drums + singer

Reaction score
I've never understood why people get so argumentative over genres of music. Its all preferance anyway. I listen to both rock and rap myself, as well as Jazz, Ska, Reggae, Soul, R & B, Pshycadelic, etc. etc.

Also, a lot of you in this thread should just stick with wrestling...seriously, this thread wasn't pretty to look at.

Bradders

Reaction score
In conclusion, no genre is the greatest and it all depends on what YOU like, not the person next to you. It's you here, you may like Rap, I may not, this was not the greatest thread in the world but that was all that needs to be posted.

Buttersz

Reaction score
just read through most of this, and I have to say, you are all just as lame as each other.

You all listen to Kanye West, outcast etc etc and classify that as rap music?
Real rap music is stuff by the people i mentioned, such as The game and most of the guys from g-unit. The stuff you guys like is mainstream crap.

Whereas like that MTG guy is saying, rock n roll lives forever, rap wont.

the dark knight

wtf is goin on with people :nonono:

its not about who we like. fact is, rap = not music. got it mates?

Hitman

Reaction score
I hate when people says some stupid shit about rap basically rap made rock.

I know I'm going to start something but i don't matter