ROCK vs cRAP

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JHar888

Reaction score
OK, as we already said, rock involves talent, not some goofy black guy talking fast, as he bops his head around to the beat of a bass drum and some fat ladies shaking their ghetto bootys. Rock has a history behind it, not just some guy that wanted to talk fast as a bass drum beats. It's crazy to think that rap actually means something. All that means is that someone got shot and sent to prison :)

the dark knight

I can tell you don't listen to rap music cause if you did then you will understand what I'm saying. Half of everybody on this forum listen to rock..... & yall don't listen to rap. I think it's only me & Famou$ that listens to rap on this forum. So if you never listen to rap or got something good to say about rap then don't say nothing at all.

i got 500MB + of rap right now (out of 5 GB+ of music). and i do like some of the songs...but my point is, its not music and doesnt have talent.

another thing that piss me off about rap music is the amount of dick heads that just listen to it cuz it makes them look "cool". they think its cool to be a black rapist....:nonono:

bottom line, you may enjoy it more than rock. but the fact is son, rock is music. rap is not.

Hitman

Reaction score
i got 500MB + of rap right now (out of 5 GB+ of music). and i do like some of the songs...but my point is, its not music and doesnt have talent.

another thing that piss me off about rap music is the amount of dick heads that just listen to it cuz it makes them look "cool". they think its cool to be a black rapist....:nonono:

bottom line, you may enjoy it more than rock. but the fact is son, rock is music. rap is not.

Well I grew up on rap them other people that u said that only listen to it to make them look cool is dumbass....The only people that I lsten to in rock is Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, & Gym Class Heros

Reaction score
For the love of god, can a mod close this thread? The comments (specifically about rap) are so untrue its not even funny. I don't even want to bother getting into this argument, it would be pointless.

I will say this though. Anyone who says rap is just about whatever the subject matter on MTV is, they are dead wrong. I could say every rock song is about heroin or cocaine because I heard Mr. Brownstone by GNR, but I know its not, so don't make judgements like that.

But its worthless to explain everything now. So many of you are so far off base with your perception of the genre you hate that it would take a while to steer you on the right path as far as perceptions of the music go.

the dark knight

Well I grew up on rap them other people that u said that only listen to it to make them look cool is dumbass....The only people that I lsten to in rock is Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, & Gym Class Heros
a lot of people just listen to it cuz they think its something cool to listen to rap. thats a fact my friend.
For the love of god, can a mod close this thread? The comments (specifically about rap) are so untrue its not even funny. I don't even want to bother getting into this argument, it would be pointless.

I will say this though. Anyone who says rap is just about whatever the subject matter on MTV is, they are dead wrong. I could say every rock song is about heroin or cocaine because I heard Mr. Brownstone by GNR, but I know its not, so don't make judgements like that.

But its worthless to explain everything now. So many of you are so far off base with your perception of the genre you hate that it would take a while to steer you on the right path as far as perceptions of the music go.

im not a fan of any specific genre...i listen to everything. all i said was that ROCK = pure talented artist who produces music (and also my fav genre)

and as for rap, you can like it all you want. wont hurt me you know. but for the 2000 time: IT IS NOT MUSIC. admit it..

Reaction score
a lot of people just listen to it cuz they think its something cool to listen to rap. thats a fact my friend.

im not a fan of any specific genre...i listen to everything. all i said was that ROCK = pure talented artist who produces music (and also my fav genre)

and as for rap, you can like it all you want. wont hurt me you know. but for the 2000 time: IT IS NOT MUSIC. admit it..

If you actually care enough to hear my argument on why it IS music, go google. Type in "jam session". Theres a forum at the top of the page. Go to it, and go the "open mic section". Search for rap, and choose the latest thread. Read it, I'm "SublimeFan44" on that forum.

Edit: Nevermind, heres the link http://jsguitarforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=952016#post952016

Start from page 1, and I'm SublimeFan44

Rell

Reaction score
There is a huge difference between Hip Hop and Rap, theres also a huge difference between Artist/MC's and Rappers. I'm not going to get into it because most of you will not even care to take the time and hear me out.

btw, some of you are completely one sided and sound very ignorant...I'm not going to name anyone though, its all love.

xtremebadass

Alright this is the first time I have seen this thread and knew this needed my verdict.

I am a ROCK fan, like Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Puddle of Mudd, and all that jazz. Mainstream "rock" these days are pretty much crap. What is Army of Anyone or Against me? What the fuck is that crap? I mean Fall Out Boy is the only one I could accept these days, everything else rock is coming out with is trash. Rap is no better, however I dig Kanye, T.I. and Yung Joc, but they are that great either.

Oreo Cookies do it, why can't blacks and whites live and love together in harmony?

xtremebadass

^^^this guy is officially in my unofficial posse now with that statement alone, that needs some rep

the dark knight

That is patently untrue. The rap itself is an offshoot of lyrical poetry.
its true..sorry. not anything you hear and has a beat can be called music, listen to classics.

If you actually care enough to hear my argument on why it IS music, go google. Type in "jam session". Theres a forum at the top of the page. Go to it, and go the "open mic section". Search for rap, and choose the latest thread. Read it, I'm "SublimeFan44" on that forum.

Edit: Nevermind, heres the link http://jsguitarforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=952016#post952016

Start from page 1, and I'm SublimeFan44
havnt read it but, damn. im getting tired of this :(
ill read it later.
There is a huge difference between Hip Hop and Rap, theres also a huge difference between Artist/MC's and Rappers. I'm not going to get into it because most of you will not even care to take the time and hear me out.

btw, some of you are completely one sided and sound very ignorant...I'm not going to name anyone though, its all love.
i know the difference between hip hop and rap etc...like i said before, i have a lot of songs. i listen to them and i go like jumping lol. but its not the case, just stop comparing it to rock.
rock = requires musical talent. unlike rap..

anyone who has a musical ear can understand me. anyone hit hard on pianos and guitars by ear around here?

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
The fact of the matter is that mainstream rap is a whole hell of a lot better than mainstream rock today. I will give rap that because of all the little sissy emo bands out in the mainstream such as Death Cab for Cutie etc.

Period though is that Rock is a collaborative music between a certain amount of instruments and it's band members. If you want to listen to music that can be messed together then listen to Rock but if you want to listen to one person connecting poetry to music then listen to rap. It's your preference so make your decision.

Personally for me

Rock > Rap. Just more of my thing listening to guitars, drums and bass work together.