ROCK vs cRAP

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Famou$ 187

Bartender aint that bad of a song if u like T-Pain.I like T-Pain,He aint that bad.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
how about these girls got me suicidal

OMG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! BARTENDER IS AN R&B SONG!!! THE SAME WITH SEAN KINGSTON SONG, IT'S R&B!!! Any rap fan would now that just because they're black doesn't mean they rap, when have you ever heard Akon rap in a song? Hmm, none! T-pain raps and sings but as soon as you hit play on "Bartender" you can tell it's an R&B song.

That's all I have to say on that matter, continue on.

MTG

Reaction score
Uh.. I could easily counter the original statement by saying this.

How many times do you hear people listening to <Enter some song that used to be hella popular by ANY band>? Never, even though back when it came out you would find it coming out of everyones headset.

Now how many people still listen to the song Straight Outta Compton by N.W.A.? Shitloads of people. The song was released 19 years ago is still listened to more than a very popular song that was made just a few years ago. Which proves how trendy ANYTHING is. People listen to a song for 3 months and they get sick of it.

Your argument = Invalid. Try again. I stick with my original statement of Rock and Rap are equally popular and likable.

I agree with you when I'm talking about rap I'm saying new rap. Such as nellly and shit like taht.

Tupac is still played N.W.A is still played and biggie is still played. But I'm talkiing about shit from 2-5 years ago.

Kaedon

Reaction score
FOF you are right about the 4 main events rock have each year and no shows from rap groups...gotta give you that, and btw, Ozzfest sucked this year, it was free, thats why it blowed... and Lamb of God was good, but no Slipknot/Disturbed/Korn/Slayer....pshhh Ozzy has like 4 good songs and thats it... so it sucked...but credit goes to you FOF for pointing that one out, and btw... that song Bartender....IS HORRIBLE.... GOOD COMPARISON DX2006

Ok, first of all, Ozzy has more than 4 good songs, its called the FIRST FOUR BLACK SABBATH ALBUMS! :bash: Second, if you think Ozzfest sucked becuase Gayer and Shitnot werent there, then my friend you dont know shiat about rock music. As far as the "main events" of rock go, there are a lot more godly rock bands touring out there on a regular basis

Alice In Chains
Tool (ok maybe NOT SO REGULAR)
Metallica
Megadeth
Disturbed
Godsmack
The Smashing Pumpkins
Green Day
The Red Hot Chili Peppers

And DX, while Rock is diluted, guess what SO THE FUCK IS RAP!!! You know those god damn pussy emo bands that are a dime a dozen? For every one of those bands, there are 5 rap artists rapping about bitches, guns, and themselves, you know whats REALLY IMPORTANT......:rolleyes:

icebox

Reaction score
why does everyone care SO much about it?
well most people..

and i wouldnt really say that alice in chains,green day,etc
are great example of good rock bands.
most "rock" music is crap.

metal is the way to go :)

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Perhaps I overlooked it, but it still applies not every MAINSTREAM rapper raps about bitches and hoes. For example Outkast, Kanye West, Common, Eminem, Nas, LL Cool J, Mos Def and etc etc. I understand what your saying (or are trying to say)and part of me agrees (with a PORTION of your argument) of that mainstream rappers rap about a lot of Bullshit topics, but that doesn't mean that one is better than the other. Rock has more history than Rap, but like I said earlier its a matter of personal judgment as to which you prefer. You like rock and others like rap, and thats that.

Perhpas you also over looked the part where I said *most* main stream rap artists.. But that's ok, now you're back pedaling. I like to watch a person trip all over themselves trying to defend a losing cause.

Point is here, I like both, I have never said that I didn't. However if one is comparing the "faces" of rock and rap, and the music that is composed, and lyrics that are written. Rock wins out. It pretty clearly has far more musical talent, and better lyrical skills.

Coming as an amateur musician myself (Bass Guitar, Trumpet, Trombone, Euphonium and Tuba) with many years practice, I gan give a truly educated opinion on the subject and say that musically rock has more to offer than rap does, and is therefore better from a classical stand point.

That's not to say that you can't like what you want. Go ahead. It does however mean that those of you who do have terrible taste in music and should probably be deafened for the good of music history.

MTG

Reaction score
Ok, first of all, Ozzy has more than 4 good songs, its called the FIRST FOUR BLACK SABBATH ALBUMS! :bash: Second, if you think Ozzfest sucked becuase Gayer and Shitnot werent there, then my friend you dont know shiat about rock music. As far as the "main events" of rock go, there are a lot more godly rock bands touring out there on a regular basis

Alice In Chains
Tool (ok maybe NOT SO REGULAR)
Metallica
Megadeth
Disturbed
Godsmack
The Smashing Pumpkins
Green Day
The Red Hot Chili Peppers

godsmack, greenday, alice in chains, tool? Is taht a joke. What about the beatles, guns n roses, queen, the rolling stones. common man even dragon force.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
godsmack, greenday, alice in chains, tool? Is taht a joke. What about the beatles, guns n roses, queen, the rolling stones. common man even dragon force.

Alice In Chains and Tool I can for sure see. Definetly some of the greatest of their genre.

Queen, Gn'R, Beatles, Rolling Stones too. Some people will say that Gn'R sucked, but they actually added a lot to rock at the time and are still popular. Fuck people are still waiting on Axl Rose to put out a new album.

But don't forget; The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, CSNY, Jefferson Airplane, Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Elvis Presley, fuckin Chuck Berry, shit I could go on for days naming off the most creative and influential bands in the modern era and most of them would be rock and roll groups.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
Dont forget that GnR produced what many call the greatest guitarist of all time in Slash.

Rell

Reaction score
Rock vs Rap...sounds like White vs Black to me

I myself listen to both. like I said, everything has to be a competition with Wrestling fans. It's not like one is better than the other, it all depends on your personal preference. One minute you may catch me listing to "Got Yourself A Gun" by Nas aka the best rapper of all time...yeah I said it, the next minute you may catch me listening to "Hell" by Disturbed. I listen to a huge variety of music, Its not "Do I like Rock over Rap"...Its which song do I like more. I may like a rock song over a rap song, vice versa.

Kaedon

Reaction score

Most of those bands arent TOURING anymore, the bands I listed are...

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Rock or Rap... ermmm... Neither!

Happy Hardcore & Trance all the way!

Helter Skelter beats all!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Helter Skelter beats all!

mansonflash.jpg