ROCK vs cRAP

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slash

Reaction score
its popin its poppin its poppin I like those rap lyrics right there here we go Lil mama lol fuck that or how about these girls got me suicidal that would be more or less catergorized as emorap i love it

Reaction score
Rap has shit behind it. But its personal fucking preference. Obviously you dont like Rap FOF. You cant bash when you are that biased. Rap and Rock are followed by different people. I dont believe that Rap is dying either. But it is all you people that only see it that one is better than the other. FOF, have you ever listened to Rap. A lot of Rap? or have you just heard on the radio or minimal amounts and you always listen to Rock? Everyone needs to have an open mind and have more reasons to not like rap. Everyones reasons have been bullshit in this to hate rap. Its always been its about Bitches and Hoes. Or its about Glocks and shit. Not all rap is about that. And to say you dont want to listen to it because of the words...is bullshit. You should listen because of the music. Or at least listen. Then if you dont like it you can say you dont like it because you legitimately dont like the music. Instead of saying that you dont want to listen because of the hoes, glocks or whatever.

Reaction score
Alright guys. I will tell you now that I listen to BOTH! just as equally! LIKE OMFG! lol! Right now on my mp3 player, and I shit you not, I am playing 2 songs. Here I stand by Madina Lake(Rock) and Bartender- T-Pain; Akon (Rap) OMG it's a crime. Listen, I'm going to validate this argument we're having here. How many people know of Eminem? know of Tupac? know of Biggie Smalls? Chances are that 9 out of 10 can say yes to all three. Now secondly, how many people know of John Cougar Mellancamp? Heart? Alice Cooper? Probably not so many of you out there. In BOTH catagories, all three are famous and legends in their own.
You can NOT argue over opinion. It's not legitamate. It doesn't matter who is number one as of right now...because in a day or two that will change drastically.
Guys you can NOT make this argument. It's not possible. I dont care what you have to prove it. And who ever said that everyone has heard of ACDC and know the words to You shook me all night long? Ok, well give me the lyrics to John Cougar Mellancamps Rain on the Scarecrow Blood on the Cloud off the top of your head. JCM is JUST as famous...but see, the classics became mainstreem again, but it was limited. Pretty much to GNR, ACDC and Kiss. That's it. Rap has been around for a helluva long time and it's not dead yet nor will it ever be. So go take your theory to Tipper Gore and try to kill rap. Won't work EVER!

BUT THAT IS MY OPINION....NOT A STATISTIC.....Good god y'all!

But in my OPINION. Rap is better, because that is my preference. It makes my car thump better. :D Plus, that's all it is, A PREFERENCE. I'm not going to sit here and say Rap is better because it's statistically proven. It's all equal statistically. So dont give me that shit.

Wordlife

IMO, I believe that rap has a distinct way of putting itself out there in the music industry. You see, the artists are thinkers... except for Jay-Z. Most rappers make their own lyrics and beats and rhymes to put into their song (again, except for Jay-Z). Rap shows how people express themselves and who they are, and express their own life struggles or whatnot. Yes their songs bout poppin ho's and fuckin bitches, and pullin out glocks and poppin a smurf and stuff... but rock aint any different. They got their good artists with good lyrics, but they sing about killing all people, and the devil is right, and kill your parents.... well I like rap music and rock music too, but I prefer rap.... dont ask why, I just do. Because more people are listening to rap these days than rock, plain and simple... rock was great back when there was no 2pacs and Eminems and 50 Cent's and Chamillionaire's and Immortal Technique's and Akons and whoever else.... and who do we have for rock that makes the top charts nowadays??? Right... I'm not bashing, I'm just proving a point... when I look in the Red Eye newspaper that is the Chicago Entertainment Paper... they have a weekly Top 10 songs downloaded and listened to in the U.S.... and for the last 4 weeks... rap has been dominating all the charts... every song on that list was a rap song... goes to show that rock needs to step it up... just a lil bit (credit to fiddy)

Reaction score
Rock > Rap

There is more to listen to in Rock than Rap, you have nu Metal, Metal and Hard Rock where as in Rap it's I am going to talk about lip gloss or a Crayola crayon.

Rap is slowly dying and I am rejoicing over that and I certainly do dig that.

Rock (good):

Dimmu Borgir
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Staind (something about them I like)
Underoath
Cradle of Filth
Slipknot
HELLYEAH

that's quite a bit. I mean Rap is going back to being what I do for my relatives Christmas presents.

ROCK MUSIC ACTUALLY HAS SOME FUCKIN MEANING BEHIND THE SONGS NOT "GLOCK, GLOCK I AM FUCKING KILLIN' YOU smurf"

HOW do you figure that Rap is dead? PLEASE....PLEASE explain yourself? I don't see it happening.... Rock is just becoming more diluted that's all it is. It's expanding to other areas....Rap is Rap is Rap...nothing diluted about it...so do tell me Shaun or FoF or LW or whatever the fuck your name is now.... how is rap dying?

Reaction score
But like you said, its all an opinion and the top musician or song will change in a day...or possibly weeks. There are no proven statistics. It is all preference. But to be able to say you like something and dont like something else. You need to have a better excuse then, OMG THEY SAID GLOCK. OR THEY SAID BITCHES AND HOES. At least listen to multiple songs of multiple different styles of rap. Not just the stereotype style that is associated with rap, as well as listen to all the styles of Rock other than the "I HATE MY DAD" or "IM GOING TO KILL MYSELF CUZ IM TOO BIG OF A PUSSY TO LOOK LIFE IN THE EYES" See, Rock has just as bad of stereotypes as Rap. Just before you hate on one or the other. At least listen to both sides. That way your arguement, or opinion on why you dont like it, doesnt sound as Blue as to be, its about bitches and hoes. That is folling the crowd. Be your Fucking self. Not some dumb ass illegitimate poser. That is all.

DX...FOF was only here to make a post..doubt he will return...

Wordlife

^agreed... if you dont like something about another group or another type of music...well then dont say anything bad about it, cause we can say.."Oh yeah, bitches and ho's huh... well I aint the one listening to a song that wants me to kill myself over how small my dick is... or how I should slit your throat and fuck the wound" so dont gimme this shit...its music...its something everyone likes... not everyone likes a certain type of music for no reason at all... and if you like slitting your throat or any of that... your messed up, and dont come back and say "Well, you like pullin 40's on that bitch and doin driveby"? Um... well, were in America, and people die from that all the time, and its not all from rap listeners either... so just like what you like music wise, and go on with your life, and dont complain bout it aight?

Mugen

Reaction score

Rap shows how people express themselves and who they are, and express their own life struggles or whatnot.
Rock is the same.

Yes their songs bout poppin ho's and fuckin bitches, and pullin out glocks and poppin a smurf and stuff... but rock aint any different. They got their good artists with good lyrics, but they sing about killing all people, and the devil is right, and kill your parents....
Are you making this up as you go? Music is an expression. If they believe in the Devil, then that is their choice. They sing about killing your parents? The fuck?

well I like rap music and rock music too, but I prefer rap.... dont ask why, I just do. Because more people are listening to rap these days than rock, plain and simple... rock was great back when there was no 2pacs and Eminems and 50 Cent's and Chamillionaire's and Immortal Technique's and Akons and whoever else....
50 Cent?.....

and who do we have for rock that makes the top charts nowadays??? Right... I'm not bashing, I'm just proving a point... when I look in the Red Eye newspaper that is the Chicago Entertainment Paper... they have a weekly Top 10 songs downloaded and listened to in the U.S.... and for the last 4 weeks... rap has been dominating all the charts... every song on that list was a rap song... goes to show that rock needs to step it up... just a lil bit (credit to fiddy)
Rock has a big fanbase. Top Charts mean nothing.

Wordlife

Rock is the same.

Are you making this up as you go? Music is an expression. If they believe in the Devil, then that is their choice. They sing about killing your parents? The fuck?

50 Cent?.....

Rock has a big fanbase. Top Charts mean nothing.

actually no, I wasnt making that up because those lyrics are from Slipknot's Dissasterpiece... and 50 Cent is getting popular lately.... I particularly dont care too much for him, BUT thats my opinion... its a fan base... thats right... but why do people download more rap songs than rock if its a fanbase? I'm just sayin, I dont wanna argue... I'm just saying, like I said, I like both but I prefer rock... they are all sterotypical and have controversial lyrics to argue about, and, well, if they like guns, they like guns, if they like the devil, whatever, they like the devil, not my choice, but I'm just speaking for the rap fans out here... because idk, they just seem to have a better argument then rockers do, but whatever, idc, argue or not, its a type of music, and listen if you want, and whatever you like you like, wanna kill others, eh w/e, not my choice but its your life, wanna kill youself?? same, dont wanna do it, but go ahead and waste your life away over what Slipknot and Slayers says, or what 50 Cent of Lloyd Banks says :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana:

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
HOW do you figure that Rap is dead? PLEASE....PLEASE explain yourself? I don't see it happening.... Rock is just becoming more diluted that's all it is. It's expanding to other areas....Rap is Rap is Rap...nothing diluted about it...so do tell me Shaun or FoF or LW or whatever the fuck your name is now.... how is rap dying?

Maybe it's possible that Rap has the best and are the number one on the billboard charts but Rock has a bigger following. Rap has lost a lot of their big names such as Dre not releasing albums. 2Pac and Biggie was the day and it has gone downhill from then I can say it is dying but it could just be on a downward slide. I never said it would die in a certain amount of time.

Fans:
Rock > Rap

Warped Tour
Nintendo Fusion Tour
Project Revolution
Ozzfest

4 main tours and what do I see for rap.......none

I admit at one time I liked Rap and I do have some rap on my IPod, I will only admit to listening to TI and Lil Wayne. Everybody else blows. Rock has meaning behind the music and it is MORE INTELLIGENT meaning behind it.

Rap is glorified poetry that should be read out of a textbook. I want to listen to something that combines together and creates a unique sound as one and Rock does that whereas rap doesn't.

It's just my opinion. And for TOK for somebody who IM'ed me and told me that you wanted to stop this "feud" between you and me you have certainly been bashing me left and right and it proves what kind of person you are.

Reaction score
Let's do some comparing here...which is more pathetic here.....

Both songs talking about losing a girl...

Madina Lake (Here I stand) ROCK SONG

"My hands shake cuz today,
I know you're gonna break my heart and,
My life without you in it
Is a life not worth living.
I'll be strong but i wish i was someone else,
Anyone but me tonight

Here i stand (Here i stand)
All alone, (Here i stand)
Tonight (Here i stand)
And i wish i was strong enough to breathe (Here i stand)
Without you, (Here i stand)
In my life, (Here i stand)
I wish i was anyone but me. "

T-pain;Akon (Bartender) RAP SONG

"Broke up with my girl last night so I went to the club (so I went to the club)
Put on a fresh white suit and a Minicoupe sitting on dubs (sitting on dubs)
I'm just looking for somebody to talk to and show me some love (show me some love)
If you know what I mean... (Uh-Huh)...
Everybody jockin' me as soon as I stepped in the spot (I stepped in the spot)
200 bitches and I bet aint none of them hot (aint none of them hot)
'Cept for this pretty young thang that was workin' all the way at the top (all the way at the top)
Shawty what is your name?"

Voting starts NOW lol.....

Wordlife

FOF you are right about the 4 main events rock have each year and no shows from rap groups...gotta give you that, and btw, Ozzfest sucked this year, it was free, thats why it blowed... and Lamb of God was good, but no Slipknot/Disturbed/Korn/Slayer....pshhh Ozzy has like 4 good songs and thats it... so it sucked...but credit goes to you FOF for pointing that one out, and btw... that song Bartender....IS HORRIBLE.... GOOD COMPARISON DX2006

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
actually no, I wasnt making that up because those lyrics are from Slipknot's Dissasterpiece... and 50 Cent is getting popular lately.... I particularly dont care too much for him, BUT thats my opinion... its a fan base... thats right... but why do people download more rap songs than rock if its a fanbase? I'm just sayin, I dont wanna argue... I'm just saying, like I said, I like both but I prefer rock... they are all sterotypical and have controversial lyrics to argue about, and, well, if they like guns, they like guns, if they like the devil, whatever, they like the devil, not my choice, but I'm just speaking for the rap fans out here... because idk, they just seem to have a better argument then rockers do, but whatever, idc, argue or not, its a type of music, and listen if you want, and whatever you like you like, wanna kill others, eh w/e, not my choice but its your life, wanna kill youself?? same, dont wanna do it, but go ahead and waste your life away over what Slipknot and Slayers says, or what 50 Cent of Lloyd Banks says :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana:
I can name 3 different posts where you said you preffered Rap. make up your mind please. Like the qoute below! Second bold. Read it. Then read this bold.

IMO, I believe that rap has a distinct way of putting itself out there in the music industry. You see, the artists are thinkers... except for Jay-Z. Most rappers make their own lyrics and beats and rhymes to put into their song (again, except for Jay-Z). Rap shows how people express themselves and who they are, and express their own life struggles or whatnot. Yes their songs bout poppin ho's and fuckin bitches, and pullin out glocks and poppin a smurf and stuff... but rock aint any different. They got their good artists with good lyrics, but they sing about killing all people, and the devil is right, and kill your parents.... well I like rap music and rock music too, but I prefer rap.... dont ask why, I just do. Because more people are listening to rap these days than rock, plain and simple... rock was great back when there was no 2pacs and Eminems and 50 Cent's and Chamillionaire's and Immortal Technique's and Akons and whoever else.... and who do we have for rock that makes the top charts nowadays??? Right... I'm not bashing, I'm just proving a point... when I look in the Red Eye newspaper that is the Chicago Entertainment Paper... they have a weekly Top 10 songs downloaded and listened to in the U.S.... and for the last 4 weeks... rap has been dominating all the charts... every song on that list was a rap song... goes to show that rock needs to step it up... just a lil bit (credit to fiddy)
My second grade cousin can make up lyrics for rap.
"Mike Jones, Mike jones, Mike Jones"
2 words, that are repeated about 2 stanzas.
Very few mainstream rap songs have beats or rythms. Most of them just try to talk as fast as they can.

I didnt know that their struggles were "Mike jones". Rap is a lot about the "artist" trying to glorify and personify themselves, and make themselves seem larger than life. Whether its them Poppin Ho's (wtf does that have to do with personafying themselves, or struggles?) Or shooting people. All they try to do is make themselves seem bigger than life, and invincible, and better than you.

Maybe it's possible that Rap has the best and are the number one on the billboard charts but Rock has a bigger following. Rap has lost a lot of their big names such as Dre not releasing albums. 2Pac and Biggie was the day and it has gone downhill from then I can say it is dying but it could just be on a downward slide. I never said it would die in a certain amount of time.

Fans:
Rock > Rap

Warped Tour
Nintendo Fusion Tour
Project Revolution
Ozzfest

4 main tours and what do I see for rap.......none

I admit at one time I liked Rap and I do have some rap on my IPod, I will only admit to listening to TI and Lil Wayne. Everybody else blows. Rock has meaning behind the music and it is MORE INTELLIGENT meaning behind it.

Rap is glorified poetry that should be read out of a textbook. I want to listen to something that combines together and creates a unique sound as one and Rock does that whereas rap doesn't.

Rap is a trend. People like Jay Z one day. They like Akon the next. Rock is not like that. Rock has a following. They have true fans that stick with them. Rappers dont have a following. They have a small group of die hard fans, and then the trendy fans.

Rock will always have a following. They will have fans and die hards until the music dies. When that day comes. Which music are we going to remember? which artists or bands? Will people remember Jay Z? Akon? Beatles? Guns N Roses? Tupac? 50 Cent? Ac/DC? We dont know. But rock will be there. it will have their following.