ROCK vs cRAP

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

How the hell does that make a difference?

Because we all know rap artist are clean, right?

Now, it is my time to stereotype. I prefer rock over rap. I don't want to hear rap artist sing only about promiscuity, how 'gangsta' they are, drug usage, and how much money they have.

I just love the sound of metal (especially death metal).

^^^Point proven. EXACTLY. End of story

Christian

Reaction score
I hate people who are like omg rock owns cRAP and rap is so much better than rock boohoo

rock = rap

love both, fuck the haters who think otherwise.

and yeah, thats a nice list of bands but you saying ANY of those sold more than THE Tupac, you are SO wrong. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying those bands aren't great, but you calling tupac a "punk" is a FOOLISH fucking thing to do.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Hmm, what can I say after what Travis40 said.

I prefer Rap over Rock. But I do listen to some bands like Incubus, Korn, POD and a few others. I just like Rap better because I've grown with it, everyone in my family listens to Rap. Rap and Rock both have stereotypes, rappers talk about money, bitches and cars. Rockers whine about breaking up with there girlfriends and how depressed it made them.

Back then they were somewhat equal but now? Rap>Rock.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Sharing a one bedroom apartment with Melina
This is, all of course, based on opinion and I don't get why people continuously keep on referring to rap to a rather lame modification, that being "cRap". Now don't get me wrong, it's perfectly normal and fine to dislike something, but why this? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to sh*t all over it. Just leave it as it is; there's nothing you can do about it, is there?

As for what I prefer - neither. I like both genres equally well, even though I grew up listening to rap before I got myself into liking rock music. It is indeed true that the rap you would hear on today's radio is nothing more than just songs filled with garbage lyrics, which is quite a shame given that mainstream music is all about songs with no quality whatsoever. You can pretty much credit the beat for that, as shown in many instances (such as Yung Joc's "It's Goin' Down"). However, it does sicken me that quality rappers who rap about things such as everyday struggles and whatnot (as opposed to sex, drugs, violence, etc.), and that happen to HAVE powerful, quality lyrics in their songs don't get the attention they deserve. That's what's wrong with today's society, and again, it's a shame that there can't be any changes to it (in the current point of view and time).

Reaction score
Some rock songs are sad and about love and some are about some crazy people jumping around with their guitar being idiots. Rap songs are about bling, gangsters and babes. People say rap is bad to girls but even if a song is and it has a good beat girls will sing that song like hell. So I like rap better
Rap > Rock.

Reaction score
Well, first I was into rap back in the late 90s and early 2000s, then I got into Metal big time for a couple of years, now I just bump alot of Chicano rap/West Coast rap. I still listen to both music. I don't like alot of the rap like Lil Jon, and alot of mainstream stuff. Also I hate alot of white rappers. I am more into the gangsta/gang-banging or lyical rap music. I still got my love for metal too.

Rap = Rock

Reaction score
I listened to rock my whole life, then i started listenin to The Game and that led to my obsession with Rap. neither of the genres r bad, i just prefer rap more... it's catchier and sounds better IMO. anyone can yell into a microphone, or say the same thing a thousand times, but it takes talent to drop 16 bars that rhyme, and flow together... whilst still making sense. I can write rock songs because all it is really is a poem with instruments in the background. I have tried to freestyle; and that shit is hard... i've also tried to write a rao song but i can't do it without sounding like a fucking idiot.

in conclusion i like rap better, this whole thing is opinion so you can't really prove anything to anyone.

youthought

Reaction score
Hmm, what can I say after what Travis40 said.

I prefer Rap over Rock. But I do listen to some bands like Incubus, Korn, POD and a few others. I just like Rap better because I've grown with it, everyone in my family listens to Rap. Rap and Rock both have stereotypes, rappers talk about money, bitches and cars. Rockers whine about breaking up with there girlfriends and how depressed it made them.

Back then they were somewhat equal but now? Rap>Rock.

Thats emo's. Not rock.

Personally I like Rock much more that rap because they dont sing about how great they are. There is howeversome rappers I like, like Lupe Fiasco

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
i think both genres have their good points and bad points. Both have groups or artists who suck and they both have ones that are great. So in my opinion they are equal. Good call Christian.

MTG

Reaction score
lol mat, yeah.... ok theres a few bands better than many rappers, but no band imo is bigger or better than 2pac or Dr. Dre or Eminem will EVER be

Have you ever heard of a little band called the beatles?

Your an idiot 4 copyin his shit.
If u was old enough u would know that half or lets jus say 9/10 rock stars were & are drug abusers.
But i dont have anything against rock bands,Because there is some bands that i like.

Clearly you are an idiot. Back when rockers were into drugs Rap did not exist. That's when pot was at it's biggest stage. If you compare todays rockers and rappers and you ask who smokes more it's quite obvious that rappers smoke more weed/ snort more coke ect.

For example about 95% of Snoop doggs songs are about weed.

Now at the moment i like rock more but im starting to like a bit of rap. I like Lil wayne alot and 2pac is great along with kanye west.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Considering the terrible music that most of you listen to, none of you shoudl even be bringing up what genre is better than which.

Each certainly has their merits, and their flaws. Which is better? Well, that's a matter of personal opinion.

Objectively though:

Which is a bigger money maker? Rock.

Which genre has more distasteful artists and meaningless lyrics? (I'm no censor, just being unbiased): Rap

Which genre contains the most legendary names in music history? Rock. On this one for any of you saying rap, you seriously need to learn some musical fucking history because you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

That's about as unbiased as I can be.

That being said, I definetly enjoy rock more than rap.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
One thing I'll admit is that I like both genres and they do crossover but the most recent ones suck, noteably the rap/rock ones ie. "Party Like a Rockstar". IMO This is the worst song of the year. One rock/rap song I do like of this year is remix to Fall Out Boy's "This Ain't a Scene, it's a Arms Race". When The Shop Boyz did "Party like..." it sounded embrassing, like they tried to crossover to rock so they could sell more records and someone was telling me on their album they list The Beach Boys as an influence.

The Linkin Park/Jay Z album was one of the best crossover songs that I've ever heard, Korn/Dem Franchise Boyz had a good mashup but in recent years rock music and rap music haven't been that great. The "let's make a song where people can dance along to the song" songs are getting repetitive and stupid and the depression rock is just sad. No pun intended.