Rate the wrestler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Cena's a 9. The only real draw in wrestling and has outside media appeal. He's not a Rock, Austin or a Hogan, but he's more more than a Savage, HBK or Hart. And he's a very solid worker, not an Austin, HBK or Savage, but better than Rock and Hogan. In 2007 he was probably the best wrestler in the company having a string of awesome matches with a variety of opponents ranging from Umaga to HBK to Lashley. When he came back from injury, he was still awesome and in 2009 he had some really great matches with Orton and this year he had a really great series with Batista. People who don't think he can work or isn't a good worker truly don't know what they're talking about because really the only people in the WWE who have been nearly as consistent in their ring work as Cena has been since 2007 are Rey, Jericho, Edge and maybe HBK. Taker's had some stinikers, Punk is still looking for a defining match in the WWE, Orton isn't anywhere near Cena's ability and Trips hasn't been the Trips from 03-06 Trips. Cena is the goods and there's a HUGE reason he sits atop of the company.

Scott Steiner

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Steiner ill give a 7, he was better in tag wrestling with Rick and hes well past his golden ages of WCW, but he was doing fairly good in TNA a few years ago and he still has a better physique then most of the younger guys. Hes also very strong and he has a nice submission move (Steiner Recliner)

Next: Booker T

Reaction score
I give T a 7. I've seen alot of his matches in TNA & they're of good quality. I loved his King Booker gimmick (Eve tho alot of people didn't). I hope he returns to wrestling again someday. Perhaps a WWE return would be good for him. I don't really want to see him back in TNA.. Maybe he'll go to WWP.

Next Wrestler: Velvet Sky.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I like Velvet...a lot. No I REALLY like Velvet....a lot. She's probably a solid 10 in the looks department. Wrestling wise, Id give her a 6-7. Her ring work is solid and good, but nothing to write home about. She's had plenty of talent to work with, but I haven't seen that one match that really sells me on her. By no means do I think she's bad, but she has the ability to do better work. She's great on the mic. She's not shy that's for sure. She plays the tramped up bimbo to almost perfection. Down the road I think Id see my rating for her improve, but right now, she's got some work to do.

Next: Taz

Reaction score
Taz the commentator or Taz the wrestler? Actually, I don't care, because he sucks in both aspects.

As a wrestler, the guy is extremely limited and far from entertaining. The fact that he got so over in ECW and had such a perfect gimmick just shows how clever Paul Heyman is. Outside of the gimmick of being that total badass (which I love, btw), he's really nothing special. In fact, he's probably one of the more bland workers going around.

As a commentator, he just totally sucks dick. I wish he had continued with his gimmick of not talking because then we wouldn't have to listen to this moron botching half of what he says. At least he finds himself amusing. I guess someone has to.

Overall, for both aspects I'd give him an average score of 4/10, averaged from both results being, well, 4/10.

VADER

Reaction score
The last match I've seen Vader included in is the contest between him, Bret Hart, Undertaker & Stone Cold. I saw the match a few weeks ago and it was pretty special. The contest ended with Hart and Taker, so Vader didn't play a massive part in the contest but he made a noticeable amount of action. His wrestling in that match and general wrestling is good. 7.

Next Wrestler: AJ Lee.

Reaction score
^^^Who the fuck is AJ Lee?? I don't even care. But John, you're being too fucking vague in describing that match.I'm not one to call someone a liar, but did you really watch that match? I Sorry , you just don't sound like you know anything about most of the people you are rating from back in the day, nor does Adam. Not saying you don't, but both of you guys are way to vague when you rate these old time dudes.

The match you're talking about is the Epic Final Four match from 1997 and while he was the first eliminated, Vader was the star of that match in the beginning and he was doing a gruesome 5 alarm juice job. Just another brilliant match in a career filled with them. Vader's the most agile big man ever, the most frightening and easily the greatest big man in-ring worker ever. He has done drop kicks, moonsaults and even frankensteiners and yet could bruise your kidneys with his legit looking potatoes. He's the only man to be THE MAN on 3 different continents, proving his world wide appeal and he was fucking tits in WCW and Japan. Vader truly is a 9.

Someone can try AJ Lee, whomever that is.

Reaction score
^ It's the woman from NXT, the one who is supposedly the best women wrestler in north america.

I actually have a limited knowledge regarding wrestlers who have wrestled before 1998. I have seen several matches before that time and I have the first 8 WMs on DVD, but I haven't watched tons of matches like yourself. I guess, the only reason why I post a vague reply is so we can keep this active and keep the thread continuing.

As for AJ, I have seen her wrestle on NXT & on a few small shows and the general feeling from the IWC & me is that she is impressive. She is attractive and she may "not fit in with the WWE diva image" but she has produced some amazing bouts.

Next Wrestler: Gail Kim.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Gail is a solid 7. She is a good worker, but nothing special. And with Women's wrestling in WWE you are never going to see how good they can/can't bem

Next:
Super Crazy

Reaction score
Ahh yes, Zbyszko, the master of the stall. Good heel in his day, not an overly great wrestler, definitely boring in his last run in WCW in the early 90's, a 6.5.

Scott Hall

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Hall get's a 6.5/10. If it would have just been on his run as Razor Ramon he would be a solid 9. His early run in wCw was good, but post 1998 it got hard to watch him, and obviously his Alcohol issues his wrestling and overall condition suffered. He had some great matches and imo could have been one of the greats of the 90s, but personal demons impacted his carrer way to much.

Kevin Nash

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^Didn't we already do Kevin Nash? Whatever.

Nash i'll give a 7. During his Diesel and WCW days, probably a 9 would have been his way, but his second WWF/E run and his later TNA work really was only slightly above average. He will be remembered forever, but the role in TNA he has atm has killed my rating for him.

Next: Baron Von Raschke