Rate the wrestler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McFly...

Reaction score
No worries man. Raven, probably one of the greatest wrestlers to play with your head. Started out as a manager then transistioned to a wrestler. Had stables in WCW, ECW, and TNA. Had very good feuds with Sandman and you can't forget his feud with Dreamer. I will give him an 8/10.

Orlando Jordan (first name that came to mind)

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Finally someone I know enough about to rate!! lol

Jordan isn't anything special imo... His in-ring skills are average at best. His biggest push in the WWE/TNA was when he was JBL's lackey.. Which, even though I wasnt a fan of at the time was kind of cool and was a good spot for him. After he and JBL's little gimmick was over he started to fall off the map. After he left the WWE I didn't hear much of him. I saw a match he had witH Warrior in like 07 in Puerto Rico I think and it wasn't anything to write home about. Neither man was ever a great in-ring worker and it was just kind of sloppy.

His TNA run thus far I have not liked... One bit. It's not like the character is something stupid, because I loved the Goldust character back in the "Biazzare One" days, but I feel that his character was more just a case of TNA being edgy for the hell of it... he has done nothing in TNA worth mentioning or that makes me want to get behind him (that sounded wrong lol). He gets a 5/10 from me.

Tyler Black (I know nothing of him besides he was in ROH for awhile and has signed with the WWE, kind of curious as to what he's all about)

Airfixx

Reaction score
....And your rating for Jordan is? lol

pumpt73

Reaction score
Id give Tyler Black a solid 7.5 - 8. He came a long ways in a short time in ROH. Up until the TV title was brought in, he had both titles that ROH offered. Won a tag title with Jimmy Jacobs and won his World title from Austin Aries at 8th Anniversary Show. He came into ROH and made an immediate impression. Joined up with Jacobs and Necro in The Age of the Fall, but you could see he was going to be the breakout star of the stable. I don't know how well his style will mesh in WWE, but Im interested in finding out. Makes me wonder what they'll do with his name. I can't see them keeping Tyler Black on him. I just hope that they don't put some stupid gimmick on him. Daniel Bryan vs. Tyler Black anyone????

Next up: Kevin Sullivan

Airfixx

Reaction score
'Black' Jack Tyler ftw! : P

Veritas

Reaction score
Kevin Sullivan

FREAK! LOL

This dude was awesome. He played the dark, psychotic, devil worshipper to perfection and was well known for a very intense brawling style. Turned a complete 180 in the NWA as part of the Varsity Club and did a pretty good job with that gimmick as well from what I've seen. The first I remember seeing of Sullivan was in ECW when he teamed with Taz. I thought those two were a great combo of brawling and technical wrestling packed into two tiny little packages, lol. The most I remember of Sullivan would, of course, be his role in WCW and the Alliance to End Hulkamania (too bad they failed). Even into his late 40s Sullivan did some quality work in WCW during the promotion's dark times before the launch of the nWo and even after. Who can forget the program he had with Benoit? Maybe the bad feelings and intensity between the two are the reason it was so good.

As far as booking goes though, well, that's another ball game. But since that's not what we're talking here I'd give Sullivan a 6/10. He was a solid hand and a really good promo but he lacked the build most promotions were looking for and his brawling skill was fairly limited

Next: William Regal

Reaction score
They were NEVER good wrestlers. Ever. But as the Sheepherders, Butch and Luke were HEAT MAGNETS. Awesome shit between them and the Fantastics that carried over from the awesome SWCW to Crockett. These cats started riots, they were so good at heeling it up. 6.5.

Rikishi.

Airfixx

Reaction score
WOW... A synopsis like that yet a mere 6.5?

Regal = 7.5.

Awesome in the ring AND on the mic and had all the tools to main event, but was generally his own worst enemy.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I give Rikishi a 5.5 if the heel turn would have been a success (running over Austin and ranting on colored leaders in WWE), he would have gotten a higher rating. But he played the lovable soft spoken samoan and got over with the crowd really well. If only he could have evolved into a mean destructable machine but thats what Umaga and Samoa Joe came along for.

Gregory Helms

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Helms gets a 5 from me. He was never anything spectacular in the ring, he had some good matches in WCW and in his early WWF/E run, but everything after the neck injury I just couldn't get into.... The Hurricane character was a funny comedic character but Helms as a whole was just an average worker.

Jerry Lynn

Axis

Reaction score
3/10. Seriously, fuck Jerry Lynn. He's so overrated it's not even funny. Everything is the same, contrived shit. He and Van Dam ruined the PINNING COMBINATION~ for everybody to come. His ROH run was awful, and really put the nail in the coffin of that company's quality. He sucked in WCW, WWE, TNA, and ROH, and was overrated in ECW.

Next: Arn Anderson

pumpt73

Reaction score
Arn Anderson 9/10. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. When Arn was in his prime with the Horsemen, I would have easily bought him as NWA World Heavyweight Champion. A 4 time NWA Television Champion, 5 times NWA/WCW World Tag Team Champion, 1 time NWA National Tag Team Champion, and 1 time WWF World Tag Team Champion. The guy could work singles or tag. He formed some of the best heel tag teams you will ever see with Tully Blanchard, Bobby Eaton, and perhaps one of the more underrated teams, The Enforcers with Larry Zybyszko. I still put Arn and Tully as my all time best tag team. Arn also carried Paul Roma to a tag team title.

Arn had a grind you down style in the ring, but knew when it was time for him to take his. Add in performing 2 of the most high impact moves of the time, The Spinebuster and the Gourdbuster, and he was menacing. He sold just as well as anybody could. The fans of the NWA wanted to see him get his butt kicked, and when it happened, Arn delivered. When people talk about the best talkers in history, Arn gets overlooked a lot of times and that's a shame. The man was clever on the mic. Very deliberate in his delivery and got his point across. You knew exactly what he was talking about everytime he got behind a microphone. Of course he's credited with coining the Four Horsemen monikker as well.

Personally, I think Arn is past due to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Everytime I listen to Arn talk, he comes across as a very genuine and straight forward person. To this day my eyes well up when I watch his retirement speech in WCW. Arn Anderson, the blue collar man's wrestler, hand's down.

Next: Nick Bockwinkel

Axis

Reaction score
<3. Arn is one of my all-time favorites.

Reaction score
Nick FUCKING Bockwinkel!!! People just don't know. Great heel. Great worker into his late 40's. People think Curt Hennig was this great wrestler on par with Savage, Steamer, HBK and Flair. That's just not true. Hennig never had anything stellar after he left the AWA, his best matches were with Bret Hart and those were good, and that is really all he did and that is really what people know him from is his WWF-WCW days, and let's be frank, Hennig SUCKED in WCW. Where this mini rant is taking me to is that for a small time Hennig was an elite worker, and for every ignorant Hennig-WWF mark, they are completely unaware of his best match. His best matches came against Nick FUCKING Bockwinkel. I think their best was the 60 minute draw. Just awesome shit. And it was all called by Bock.

Most people, especially those that have no appreciation for actual, honest to goodness old school wrestling would find him boring, but he was so solid in the intangibles. His mannerisms. The way he worked the crowd.There isn't anyone left besides Flair and Cena that truly know how to control the crowd through their match, and Bock was probably better than more famous names like Harley Race and Dusty Rhodes at this. People talk about psychology but don't really know that psychology isn't about putting together a good match, it's about controlling the crowd and Bock had it more than 90% of anyone to ever step in the ring. Seriously, his psychology was so deep that I can argue that he was 60% of the reason Hulk Hogan took off in the AWA.

He was also a smooth talker like a motherfucker. Straight to the point like he could kill you one night, over confident jackass the next. They don't make them like Bock any more and the business is for the worst because of it. Bock gets a 9.5/10 from this guy.

Billy Gunn.