Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
so I have watched a few movies here the last week and I will give a quick rundown
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters - I enjoyed it quite a bit thought it was a great storyline and it kept the action going. Also was a fan of the ending and Gretel was smoking hot. I give it an A-.

Parker - I love Jason Statham movies and this one had Michael Chyklis in it to boot but it left me dissapointed. It was a great start but as soon as they bro J Lo in it slowed down and became pretty boring right up til the end. Really would have been a much better movie if it was about a half hour shorter and they had left J. Lo out. C-.

The Last Stand - Just an all around fun action packed movie that is a def throwback to the old Arnie movies. No real slow parts and it kept my interest. B.

Texas Chainsaw - This was just your run of the mill slasher flick with bad acting and the same old same old until the reveal and twist which were REALLY FUCKING STUPID!!!
this guy kills your friends and boyfriend and your just gonna turn around and take care of him cuz he's family? ugh so fuckin stupid
This movie would have gotten an F if the chicks weren't so fuckin hot. The main chick with her boobies hanging in the ripped shirt bumped it to a D.

Total Recall - It was drawn out but tbh it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. It is def watchable. C.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
so I have watched a few movies here the last week and I will give a quick rundown
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters - I enjoyed it quite a bit thought it was a great storyline and it kept the action going. Also was a fan of the ending and Gretel was smoking hot. I give it an A-.

Parker - I love Jason Statham movies and this one had Michael Chyklis in it to boot but it left me dissapointed. It was a great start but as soon as they bro J Lo in it slowed down and became pretty boring right up til the end. Really would have been a much better movie if it was about a half hour shorter and they had left J. Lo out. C-.

The Last Stand - Just an all around fun action packed movie that is a def throwback to the old Arnie movies. No real slow parts and it kept my interest. B.

Texas Chainsaw - This was just your run of the mill slasher flick with bad acting and the same old same old until the reveal and twist which were REALLY FUCKING STUPID!!!
this guy kills your friends and boyfriend and your just gonna turn around and take care of him cuz he's family? ugh so fuckin stupid
This movie would have gotten an F if the chicks weren't so fuckin hot. The main chick with her boobies hanging in the ripped shirt bumped it to a D.

Total Recall - It was drawn out but tbh it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. It is def watchable. C.

I really enjoyed Hansel and Gretel myself.

Haven't seen the rest besides the tcm one. I thought it was ok until the end but with that it left it open for another one which is hopefully better than that one.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Saw Man of Steel today.

Just above average. I get the feeling Fuji will hate it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Saw Man of Steel today.

Just above average. I get the feeling Fuji will hate it.
LOL, I'm going to see it on Friday so I'll let you know. Won't be too surprised if I hate it though, par for the course with comic book movies these days it seems.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
LOL, I'm going to see it on Friday so I'll let you know. Won't be too surprised if I hate it though, par for the course with comic book movies these days it seems.

Saw Man of Steel yesterday. It wasn't bad for a superman movie and a decent reboot. It had its moments of where it can and could go but it fell flat in other places. Can't wait to see what Fuji thinks of it though.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Castiel

Reaction score

I had the same problem with the ending but I think the way they want us to see it is...
Leatherface killed a guy that tried to rob them, her friends boyfriend that she barely knew, and her boyfriend was cheating on her with her best friend. Plus, they bonded and helped each other blah blah blah
Still, I thought it was a decent watch.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
This is the only thing that saved it
enejesep.jpg

jasuzebe.jpg

Castiel

Reaction score
The fact that there was no actual nudity was very lame.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
World War Z was better than I thought it would be. Not brilliant but good.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Alright, so I finally saw Man of Steel and I agree with LB, it was mediocre at best and WAY too fucking long. What the hell is it with these 2 and a half hour comic book movies anyway? There was just too much filler in there for me to give a crap a lot of the time. Loved the opening scenes on Krypton and the stuff with Kevin Costner as Jonathan, as well as the last hurrah of Elliot from Law and Order SVU. Meanwhile, I fucking hate, hate, HATED Amy Adams Lois Lan. When the hell did the super bitch reporter willing to step on anyone or anything for a story suddenly develop a conscience? I just found her really annoying (odd because I like Adams generally) and felt she added little to nothing to the plot.

No issues with Shannon's Zod though, an equal to if not greater performance than Terrence Stamp's origination of the character. I also liked the shot of the LexCorp truck being destroyed in Metropolis, obviously foreshadowing someone we should be seeing in the next movie.

As far as Superman movies go, I honestly rank it third last, ahead of Superman IV and Returns but behind II, I and III in that order.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I guess I'm the only one watching movies around here but what the hell, why bother worrying? I just got back from The Lone Ranger and it was awesome, way better than Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 and just a touch below Star Trek Into Darkness for the summer blockbusters. I enjoyed pretty much everything about it and its a shame we're probably not going to get a sequel due to its lack of box office. Anyhow, I guess all that's left for the big blockbusters is Pacific Rim, which I've already got a ticket for, so we'll see how that one pans out shortly.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one watching movies around here but what the hell, why bother worrying? I just got back from The Lone Ranger and it was awesome, way better than Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 and just a touch below Star Trek Into Darkness for the summer blockbusters. I enjoyed pretty much everything about it and its a shame we're probably not going to get a sequel due to its lack of box office. Anyhow, I guess all that's left for the big blockbusters is Pacific Rim, which I've already got a ticket for, so we'll see how that one pans out shortly.

I should be seeing "Now You See Me" next week (hopefully).

Of the summer blockbusters coming out, I'm hoping to see "The World's End" (I'm almost certain this one will happen), maybe "The Wolverine", "Kick-Ass 2", "Elysum", and "Pain & Gain".

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Of the summer blockbusters coming out, I'm hoping to see "The World's End" (I'm almost certain this one will happen), maybe "The Wolverine", "Kick-Ass 2", "Elysum", and "Pain & Gain".
Forgot about Elysium, that looks pretty good and I loved District 9 so hopefully its more of the same. Also forgot about The World's End and The Wolverine but both should make my to watch list either in theaters or Blu Ray.

How about Pacific Rim? Not struck by the idea of giant robots fighting monsters?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
How about Pacific Rim? Not struck by the idea of giant robots fighting monsters?

Looks cool, and the 3D trailer I saw looked stunning. But I can't see myself watching it until DVD. I imagine other films will be picked over it when it comes down to a choice.

Glad you liked Lone Ranger btw, not seen a lot of positivity across los interwebz for it.