Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Watching the Clint Eastwood movie "Tightrope" and it's pretty damn good. A bit slower than the Dirty Harry stuff, but its got some sleaze that helps to make up for it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Just finished watching House At The End of The Street. I surprisingly liked it. It was a very cookie cutter horror/thriller type of movie and one that could be guessed right away, but I still came away enjoying it.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
On a scale of 1 to banhammer, how upset would Fuji & Fuje be if I was to say I've seen Prometheus and wasn't overly impressed with it?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
On a scale of 1 to banhammer, how upset would Fuji & Fuje be if I was to say I've seen Prometheus and wasn't overly impressed with it?
I'd say a 1, since I've seen a few other people say the same thing. Hopefully that's the same amount of banhammers you'd give me (if you could) for disliking Iron Man 3. :lol:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'd say a 1, since I've seen a few other people say the same thing. Hopefully that's the same amount of banhammers you'd give me (if you could) for disliking Iron Man 3. :lol:

We'll call it a fair trade then :lol:

For the record, I didn't hate it, but I've never been a fan of the genre. And having not seen any Alien film, I didn't judge it against that either.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
We'll call it a fair trade then :lol:

For the record, I didn't hate it, but I've never been a fan of the genre. And having not seen any Alien film, I didn't judge it against that either.

I've seen every Alien film. The second one was the only good one. The first was boring and the third made no sense at all.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I've seen every Alien film. The second one was the only good one. The first was boring and the third made no sense at all.
The second one is my least favourite, all action and hardly any real meat or substance. The first is a masterpiece of horror and I'm not sure what you mean by the third one making no sense when it's a completely straight-forward story.

Also, LOL at Alien being boring when you liked Avatar, one of the biggest pieces of boring crap I've seen in my entire life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The second one is my least favourite, all action and hardly any real meat or substance. The first is a masterpiece of horror and I'm not sure what you mean by the third one making no sense when it's a completely straight-forward story.

Also, LOL at Alien being boring when you liked Avatar, one of the biggest pieces of boring crap I've seen in my entire life.

Yeah kill off Newt, Hicks, and Bishop at the beginning. GENIUS. The first one was just an alien on a ship slowly attacking them. It was boring. Avatar had some of the best scenes I've ever seen in a movie ever.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The first one was just an alien on a ship slowly attacking them. It was boring.
Yeah, so you basically just said Jaws is boring as well, because that's essentially what happens in that movie if you replace the word alien with shark. Alien is a landmark piece of cinematic history that consistently ranks at the top of every critics lists of the best horrors of all time. I'm sure you liked Avatar more, but that's because your tastes haven't matured yet. If you watch Alien again in about 10 years, you'll realize why its infinitely better than Avatar, because right now you don't really know any better.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Watched Gangster Squad last night. One of the better gangster movies I've seen. Brolin, Gosling, and Penn were all brilliant.

A Haunted House was pretty good too. Laughed quite a bit through it. Not one of the Wayans' better efforts, but still pretty good.

Also, anyone that says Avatar was good and better than Alien; they cannot be taken seriously when discussing movies.

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
A Haunted House was pretty good too. Laughed quite a bit through it. Not one of the Wayans' better efforts, but still pretty good.
A Haunted House definitely gave me more laugh out loud moments than I thought I'd get out of it. I loved the cable guy/ghost guy, especially when he's freaking out about his wife cheating on him..."NOT ON OUR BED!!!". :lol:

The Viper

Reaction score
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that really enjoyed A Haunted House.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I fell bad I have not seen this. I feel like such a bad movie watcher. :(

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Watched Hannah and Her Sisters this afternoon and thought it was great. I'm finding a new appreciation for Woody Allen's movies as I'm getting older, and this one is definitely close to his best work.