Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I've only just realised we've got Iron Man 3 (knew about this one obv.), Star Trek Into Darkness & Man Of Steel all out over the next 6 weeks.

Fuckin' awesome, time to get my nerd on.

EDIT: Got a bit ahead of myself there, Man of Steel ain't out until June. Guess I'll just have to compromise with The Rock double of Pain & Gain and Fast Six

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
Luckily out of the three Man of Steel is the one I'm looking forward to least but I'll admit it looks promising. Iron Man 3 looks like the best yet but I've waited far too long for the Star Trek sequel! Bring it on!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The Star Trek sequel is easily my most anticipated movie in the next little bit. Can't say I'm too stoked for Iron Man 3 (I'll still see it because Ben Kingsley is playing The Mandarin) or Man of Steel(don't like Superman as a character) but it's still a good time to be a movie fan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The Star Trek sequel is easily my most anticipated movie in the next little bit. Can't say I'm too stoked for Iron Man 3 (I'll still see it because Ben Kingsley is playing The Mandarin) or Man of Steel(don't like Superman as a character) but it's still a good time to be a movie fan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I'm not a huge Supes fan either, but the trailers look great, and hopefully the Batman influence on this movie helps it along.

Castiel

Reaction score
The newest trailer made it look really good. There's a lot of really talented people involved, just look at his two dads! I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Michael Shannon's Zod.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Just read on IMDb that Batista will be in the new Riddick movie coming out this September. Batista and Vin Diesel so much win. No real article but looking at the cast Karl Urban reruns too so can't wait to see this.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Finally got a chance to watch A Haunted House last night and it was fucking hilarious. As far as horror parodies go, it's right up there at the top. Also, Nick Swardson has a part as a gay psychic and he's damn funny. Definitely worth a watch.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Swarsdon is almost always money I love that guy

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I watched This Is 40 the other day. Easily Judd Apatow's best movie. And I loved 40 Year Old Virgin. I laughed throughout the whole thing and I am not even an Apatow fan at all.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just watched the Red Dawn remake and it was actually pretty fucking good....they changed up enough of the storyline and outcomes to keep it fresh while still keeping true to the original....I love the first one and this one lives up to it....and it has Palicki in it and she is FIIIINE

Well if you can turn off your brain to watch a no plot movie with a bunch of killing its awesome.

Fortunately I'm excellent at doing that which is why I loved it :lol:

Castiel

Reaction score
The Last Stand was surprisingly really enjoyable. Arnold is still a badass and he had a great supporting cast. I didn't really enjoy the FBI/Forrest Whitaker scenes though, I liked the atmosphere of the small town too much I guess but they're only a small portion of the movie. Honestly, it was just a lot of fun.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The Last Stand was surprisingly really enjoyable. Arnold is still a badass and he had a great supporting cast. I didn't really enjoy the FBI/Forrest Whitaker scenes though, I liked the atmosphere of the small town too much I guess but they're only a small portion of the movie. Honestly, it was just a lot of fun.
Totally, I hated the FBI stuff and thought Whittaker was dialing in the performance for a paycheck. I really liked the movie though, it was way more entertaining than I expected and Arnold was great in his return to lead role status. Also, the scene with the car chase in the cornfield was as unique as I've seen in years, really well shot and edited and a nice surprise in a movie that seemed destined to be generic from start to finish.

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of car chases and such but I definitely enjoyed that part. Whitaker was just randomly there... I never even knew he was in the movie until he showed up, really odd. It was like how Sigourney Weaver pops up in movies nowadays. I think they know that if Arnold is going to be the lead of a movie in 2013 then it shouldn't take it's self too seriously, which is great.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Anyone seen Place Behind the Pines yet?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Anyone seen Place Behind the Pines yet?
Probably this weekend if I have some time.

Watched Oblivion this morning and thought it was decent but nothing special. Tom Cruise smells.