Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Still sounds pretty sweet. Inferno, I enjoyed the Friday The 13th reboot. Though this topic has been discussed to death already! Lol

I wasn't scared at all, and I thought the plot was just rehashed

Reaction score
The Friday the 13th remake was tons of fun. Not only did you have the fun task of trying to spot all of the references to the other movies, but it felt so much fresher than the last several Friday movies. Easily the best Friday since Part 6. I'm rather bumped that Paramount/New Line dropped the ball on a sequel.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The Friday the 13th remake was tons of fun. Not only did you have the fun task of trying to spot all of the references to the other movies, but it felt so much fresher than the last several Friday movies. Easily the best Friday since Part 6. I'm rather bumped that Paramount/New Line dropped the ball on a sequel.

I thought they were making a sequel?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Still sounds pretty sweet. Inferno, I enjoyed the Friday The 13th reboot. Though this topic has been discussed to death already! Lol
I don't recall discussing Friday the 13th (2009)...

Other than New Blood being one of my favorites I certainly agree. I thought it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the throwbacks but with a new spin. Clay for instance was a fun combination between Rob from Final Chapter and Tommy Jarvis for Jason Lives. They also didn't waste too much time explaining the back story because we all should know it by now. And they didn't go crazy with the supernatural on this one.

I thought they were making a sequel?

That's been put on the back burner for years.
Supposedly they're shopping it out to another production team because Platinum Dunes didn't want to or wasn't able to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
I actually rewatched the remake yesterday. It made me sad because I forgot Danielle Panabaker died and I fucking love her. Aaron Yoo as Chewie is a highlight, I always enjoyed him in the supporting roles he's played (Disturbia, 21). It's great to see Jared Padalecki in something like that as a huge fan of Supernatural too. Also, Jason using one of their friends as bait was a nice touch. I stand by my thoughts on it though, great reboot. Would've loved them to continue the films. Marcus Nispel was a great choice to direct seeing as how well he did with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.

Anyway, I just finished The Grey and what a disappointment. I was bored for the first half but started to enjoy second half a bit more, but after the ending I just feel so ripped off. I'll put this in spoilers for those who haven't seen it

They build to the big fight between Neeson and the Alpha Wolf then after Neeson straps on his homemade broken glass fighting gloves and all they just cut away. We don't know if he lives or dies (which is the tagline on the film) or if he ever gets rescued. Sure, how great can they make a fight between him and wolf, which is one of the reasons I was skeptical of watching this at first, but gives us something! I guess I liked the reciting of the poem and him yelling at God before that at least.

Reaction score
Personally, I find the remake to be slightly better than the original.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Watched the Hunger Games earlier again for about the 4th time and I still thoroughly enjoy it. It's certainly been my Film of the year so far.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Personally, I find the remake to be slightly better than the original.

I wasn't a fan the first time around but in retrospect I think its at least close to the original. The issue I have is that the original was more of a suspense film while the remake went the full on slasher route.

MKT said:
Watched the Hunger Games earlier again for about the 4th time and I still thoroughly enjoy it. It's certainly been my Film of the year so far.
We've talked about it elsewhere, but I personally feel its severely overrated.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Barricade was fuckin awful.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Anyone seen House at the end of the street?