R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;yuHIs_G-M48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuHIs_G-M48&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
John Legend is putting his money where his mouth is. The Grammy-winning crooner is promoting a healthier lifestyle by investing in San Francisco-based water company HINT, Inc.

Legend, along with associates at The Artists Organization, first discovered the unsweetened essence water last year at Whole Foods Markets and Starbucks. They contacted HINT founders Kara and Theo Goldin to learn more about the company and its goals, and found that they shared a similar passion when it came to leading a healthier way of life.
“I enjoy drinking HINT water because it’s refreshing without tasting sweet or artificially flavored,” said the 32-year-old singer. “As we got to know Kara and Theo, it became clear that HINT is ultimately their commitment to making it easier for people to lead healthier lifestyles. I joined them as an investor not only because I actually drink HINT water, but also because I truly believe in both the product and its ‘Drink Water, Not Sugar’ message and I am excited to watch the company grow.”
The zero calorie refreshment, which is sold at stores including Albertsons and Bristol Farms, comes in a variety of flavors including Watermelon, Lime, Blackberry, and Strawberry-Kiwi.
Legend is currently on tour with Sade and is working on a new album to be released in 2012.

Kairi

Reaction score
Billboard Releases ‘Mid-Year’ Chart

As has become standard fare for the publishers of Billboard magazine, the first week of July marks the release of the ‘mid-year’ chart. This year’s chart, designed to detail the best album and single sales of the year up to its halfway mark, reveals little surprises other than female domination.
See what girls run the music world after the jump:

Via Billboard:
With 2011 half-over, Adele’s “21″ and Katy Perry’s “E.T.” (featuring Kanye West), reign as the year’s biggest selling album and digital song in the U.S., respectively — shifting 2,517,000 and 4,120,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Nicki Minaj’s “Pink Friday” is the ninth biggest seller so far in ‘11 — the first time a female hip-hop set has been this high since Lauryn Hill’s “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill” was No. 6 halfway through 1999.
With releases from Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna (re-release), Monica, and Mariah Carey looking to join the list, it will be interesting to see who ends on top. The Christmas buying season could see a great shift in the year-end numbers of any of the aforementioned starlets.

Kairi

Reaction score
Dancing machine Jason Derulo made a shocking announcement to MTV News revealing plans to take an extended break from music (after just two albums) to focus on acting. The announcement comes shortly after the ‘Don’t Wanna Go Home’ singer, whose sophomore album ‘Future History’ will hit stores in September, reportedly passed on an opportunity to play famed guitarist Jimi Hendrix in a biopic.
In reference to the role’s declination, the Miami native stated:
“I really wanted to make sure it [the Future History album] gets the exposure it deserves. It has to be heard by everybody. After this album, I will dive full-throttle into movies for a while. I will ultimately take a break from music.”

Kairi

Reaction score
A Conversation with the Queen of Soul <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x479 and weights 59KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>
Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">On a tour bus en route to rehearse for her much-lauded appearance at the Toronto Jazz Festival on June 24, Franklin talked about her performances during that era of social change. “In those early days, myself, Mr. Harry Belafonte and a young gospel singer with a terrific voice by the name of Queen Esther Marrow, did concerts with Dr. Martin Luther King,” she said. “I was a teenage girl then, so naturally I was in awe of Dr. King and listened carefully to every word that he said. At that time, Respect became a civil rights anthem.” </td></tr></tbody></table>
Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">The script, says Franklin, will be based on her 1999 autobiography, Aretha: From These Roots. Her mother died when she was 10 and her father was the famed activist and minister C.L. Franklin. Given Franklin had her first son in her mid-teens and was a musician torn between her church and secular music, the movie should prove as compelling as the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line. What will be most poignant to see on screen is the survey of women she helped along the way (Chaka Khan, Gwen Guthrie, Cissy and Whitney Houston were all backup singers for the queen), as well as those who helped her achieve music monarchy: gospel legends Mahalia Jackson (said to have changed Aretha’s diapers) and Clara Ward, both family friends. “I learned so much from just watching Clara sing in church,” she says, “and I still aspire to sing as well as her.”</td></tr></tbody></table>

Kairi

Reaction score
<center>
beyonce-bride.jpg
</center>
Beyoncé makes a beautiful bride in the video for “Best Thing I Never Had,” the second single from her chart-topping album 4. In the first image from the Diane Martel-directed clip, B walks down the aisle in a white wedding gown before an unidentified man removes the veil covering her face. Will she tie the knot or run away? Find out when the video premieres online tonight at 8 p.m. EST.

Kairi

Reaction score
<center>
be-the-one-1.jpg
</center>
Prior to getting his much-talked-about head tattoo, Lloyd filmed a video for “Be the One,” the next single from King of Hearts featuring Trey Songz and Young Jeezy. Young Goldie rides shotgun in a yellow sportscar with fellow ladies’ man Trey Songz in one scene, while flirting with his topless female co-star in another.

Kairi

Reaction score
One thing I can say about Fantasia is that she will kick those shoes off and perform her heart out in a New York minute. This past weekend, she put on quite a show at the Essence Fest in New Orleans. Before covering Prince’s hit song, ‘Kiss’ she played a skit in which she was being questioned about her controversy from a reporter. He asked her what she thought about what the people are saying about Fantasia and she said, “I say ‘Fuck it’”.
It’s kind of sad that her recent drama with a married man and all of the recent rumors have overshadowed people’s appreciation for her music.

Read more: Necole Bitchie.com

Kairi

Reaction score
R&B bad boy Chris Brown has taken to Twitter to reveal the next single to be lifted from his gold-certified LP ‘F.A.M.E.’. See what song the ‘She Ain’t You’ singer has chosen to get the video treatment after the jump: