R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Berry Gordy's son & grandson continue Motown legacy <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I'm sure you've all heard Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO. You might not know that the group members are part of the Gordy musical dynasty.

Stefan Kendal Gordy, born September 3, 1975, is Gordy's youngest son. His mother is Nancy Leiviska, a music video director and writer. He is also known as Redfoo of the group LMFAO.

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 594x493 and weights 99KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_4" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 594x396 and weights 71KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Skyler Gordy, his nephew, and the grandson of Berry is the other member of the group, and uses the alias SkyBlu.

Berry Gordy

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Kairi

Reaction score
Alicia Keys is definitely a “Superwoman” considering the fact that she’s balancing her music career, being a wife and new mommy. She took a moment out of her busy schedule and spoke to MTV about how motherhood is coming along.
On being a mom
The past year has been incredible; just so many blessings, being able to be a mommy, being able to be a wife and just really finding my center and my place of comfort and knowing myself and feeling really solid. Being a mom is like, spectacular. It’s the most fun I’ve ever had, period. I feel like I’m having more fun than I’ve ever had in my whole life. I feel like I’m definitely more creative. I’m more thoughtful about my plans and the things that I do, so overall everything is like a hundred times better. I’m loving the process and I plan for it to continue to grow as time passes.
On not getting any sleep because of the baby
I never was one to get a lot of sleep anyway, because of the nature of what I do and how much we fly and how much we work. So honestly, I’ll tell Egypt, That’s all you got?! You only got waking up every three hours, that’s it? C’mon! I guess in a way, I was built for it.

Kairi

Reaction score
Chris Brown, Frank Ocean & Tyler The Creator Squash The Beef

Fri, Jun 24 2011 by Bitchie Staff | Filed Under: Celebrities

The Twitter-turned-real beef between music artists Chris Brown and Odd Future’s Tyler the Creator and Frank Ocean has apparently come to an end. After a video surfaced on WorldStarHipHop of Chris Brown’s homies following Frank Ocean around West Hollywood telling him to *’Take the Fade,’the artists took to their Twitter accounts to call a truce and let the world know that the foolishness has gone too far.
*According to the Urban Dictionary, ‘Catch the fade’ is usually said to get a fight started

Tyler the Creator:
“I just feel like someone I know is gonna get hurt. You people reading this don’t even know”
“This Shit Isn’t Gonna Stop Till Someone Gets F–king Killed. I Feel Like Its Gonna Be One Of My Ni–as Just Skating Down The Street.”
“Send 7 Dudes With A Camera To Make Frankie Look Like A B–ch, Like, Really? And Its Not [Chris] That’s Doing It, Its The People Around Him. They Like ‘You Gonna Let Him Say That? Fuck That Ni–a’. This S–t Has Gotten Outta Hand. Real S–t.”
“@chrisbrown S–t Got Too Real On Both Ends. I’m Over It. We’re All Over This S–t. Its Stupid As F–k. Swag It Out.”
Frank Ocean
“alrite. this has to end. freeze on social networks for a minute. freeze on the internet. freeze on the matrix. real world time. brb,” he wrote.
Chris Brown
“This beef sh*t is stupid, @frank_ocean I respect ya music and you and Odd Future! Ain’t beefing wit nobody. Y’all can have that! Love.”
[Tyler responded], “@chrisbrown Sh*t Got Too Real On Both Ends. I’m Over It. We’re All Over This Sh*t. Its Stupid As F-ck. Swag It Out.”
The Game
“Just got off the phone with my lil brother @chrisbrown & then @f*cktyler. GET MONEY !!!”

Kairi

Reaction score
Ameriie had only “1 Thing” on her mind this weekend. The R&B diva married her manager Lenny Nicholson in a private ceremony on Saturday on Anguilla in the British West Indies.

“This is such an exciting time for me. This is my first marriage and I am over the moon,” the 30-year-old singer told PEOPLE. “I look forward to a loving and enduring marriage. This day couldn’t come any sooner for me. I am beyond thrilled. I will remember this day forever.”
The beautiful bride was beaming in a Monique Lhullier gown with a cathedral train, baby blue Yves Saint Laurent Tribute sandals, and jewelry by Rafaello & Co., styling her hair in an edgy up-do. The groom, a former Columbia Records A&R executive, opted for a Hugo Boss tuxedo.
With their family by their side, the couple exchanged vows at the luxurious Viceroy Anguilla. DJ Konflikt provided the evening’s soundtrack and guests were treated to a seven-tier seafoam green cake.
The newlyweds will spend their honeymoon in the resort’s plush Romance Villa, which boasts its own private beach.

Kairi

Reaction score
It seems, since the release of Drake’s ode to the liquor induced “I still love you” confession, that is ‘Marvin’s Room’, various covers of the tune have popped up every other day on the internet. This time around, one time child star Sammie gave his best take on the conflicted protagonist in his version of the song.
Check out it out below…

<iframe height="25" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MN3AuJ2b9DY" frameBorder="0" width="500" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Eh, another day, another ‘Marvin’s Room’ cover? Though, Sammie’s one of the only males to take a stab at the cut, his version seems to come up short, when compared to female contemporary JoJo. If judged on vocals alone, his Trey Songz-like vibrato is a bit grating throughout.
What’s your favorite version of the track, Drake, JoJo, Teyana Taylor, Sammie, Rochelle Jordan? Let us know.

Kairi

Reaction score
At a star-studded show like the 2011 BET Awards, "The X Factor" U.K. judge Kelly Rowland stood out for her sexy performance of her song "Motivation" with Trey Songz, which received a standing ovation. Based on many Internet comments by viewers (including several celebrities), the performance was one of the best at the event, which took place June 26 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.

"Motivation" (a No. 1 hit on the U.S. R&B/Hip-Hop chart) is one of the singles from Rowland's third solo album, "Here I Am," which is set for a U.S. release on July 26, 2011 on Universal Motown. The original version of the song features Lil Wayne, while the remix features Songz.

Rowland is a former member of Destiny's Child. Beyoncé Knowles, another former member of Destiny's Child, also performed at 2011 BET Awards, but based on overall comments, Rowland stole the show.

A number of celebrities weighed in on Twitter with their comments on Rowland's 2011 BET Awards performance.

Nelly: SAY WAD SIS!!!!!!!@KELLYROWL ANDTHAT'S how u shut sh#t down!!!!CRAZY performance!!!!

Taraji P. Henson: @KELLYROWLAND YOU DID THAT annnnnnnnd #ThatIsAll. #SoProud#ShineOnMySi s

Missy Elliott: So u killed it tonight!!! So proud! Hands down best of the night! Xoxo hope all is well!

Brandy: @Kellyrowland just F'in MURDERED the @BETawards!!!! So proud of you gal
smile.gif
Trey fall back on the neck piece though playa..lol

Monica: WERRRRRRRK @KELLYROWLAND rhat was a phenomenal performance. The Ladies not PLAYING tonight. Love it ...."

Sean Garrett: Wow!!!! Congrats to @KELLYROWLAND just Mashed!!!! Congrats princess!!! Killer Performance!!

NeNe Leakes ("The Real Housewives of Atlanta"): The award show was fantastic! Kelly Rowland put it down baby.

Kandi Burress ("The Real Housewives of Atlanta"): Ok my girl @KellyRowland just KILLED her performance @BETAwardsWow!!!!!!

LaLa Vazquez: Shut it down @KELLYROWLAND!! Yaaaayyyy!!! Woooooowwww!!!!!!!! HOT. SEXXY!!

Michelle Williams (former member of Destiny's Child): Amen! #audiencetweetBETAwa rds Go Go Go Go @KELLYROWLAND! Okay bye!

LeToya Luckett (former member of Destiny's Child): Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssss KEL!!!!! Smh *drops mic & walks off stage*

Celebrities go wild for Kelly Rowland's sexy performance at 2011 BET Awards - National The X Factor | Examiner.com Celebrities go wild for Kelly Rowland's sexy performance at 2011 BET Awards - National The X Factor | Examiner.com

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shot: Kelly Rowland Covers Monarch

After blazing the stage in what many are calling the performance of the 2011 BET Awards , Kelly Rowland brings the same brand of fierceness to the cover of Monarch magazine’s July issue.

The 30 year old star talks to the publication about her ‘Here I Am’ album, her new role on the X Factor, and more.

Kairi

Reaction score
<center>
kelly-here-i-am-cover.jpg
</center>
People are still buzzing about her sizzling performance at the BET Awards, and Kelly Rowland keeps the momentum going by unveiling the close-up cover for her third solo album Here I Am, dropping July 26.

The Destiny’s Child diva’s first project for Universal Motown features the Lil Wayne-assisted smash “Motivation” and “Lay It on Me” with Big Sean.

Tracks include “I’m Dat Chick,” “Turn It Up,” and “All of the Night,” with production from David Guetta, Tricky Stewart, Rodney Jerkins, and Rico Love.

Kairi

Reaction score
Official Tracklisting: Kelly Rowland "Here I Am" <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Standard Edition
1. “I’m Dat Chick”
2. “Work It Man” feat. Lil Playy
3. “Motivation” feat. Lil Wayne
4. “Lay It on Me” feat. Big Sean
5. “Feelin’ Me Right Now”
6. “Turn It Up”
7. “All of the Night” feat. Rico Love
8. “Keep It Between Us”
9. “Commander”
10. “Down for Whatever”

Deluxe Edition
11. “Heaven & Earth”
12. “Each Other”
13. “Motivation (Rebel Rock Remix)” feat. Lil Wayne
14. “Commander (Urban Remix)” feat. Nelly

Kelly's third solo album Here I Am, is due July 26.

Kairi

Reaction score
Kelly Rowland in the UK looking fab <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

I like the color combo. Very nice.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Kairi

Reaction score
SWV Talks New Music & Reality Show <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">SWV have reunited for reals and are working on a new album. But what will it sound like? Lead singer Coko said, the album with have the, "Same style just new millennium. Kick it up a notch, take it to the next level, but we're still going to be ourselves." The album is expected out later in the year.

Also, the ladies are filming a reality show that they hope will get picked up but a major network. But filming wasn't easy. Coko said,

"For me, it may be a little hard because I'm a little moody, so I may have to take some time off from taping and take a break."

But Lelee added,

"I had fun. If I can be me and other people enjoy it, then it's alright with me... it's just a regular day with cameras."

Taj said the show will dig deep into their girl group drama and what conflicts led to their break.

"We're going to be honest about it," Taj says. "Every day is not perfect. They (young girls) have to understand it's not an easy road. It's hard as hell out here and it doesn't get easy at all. The more successful you become, the more work you have to put in. We want them to realize that you just don't put on a cute little bra top and sing a note and dance and everything is gold."

Lil' Wayne Skateboarding At The Fantasy Factory + SWV Talks New Music & Reality Show + Sway Calloway Takes Over For Eminem | The Young, Black, and Fabulous </td></tr></tbody></table>

Kairi

Reaction score
Jill Scott Celebrates First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Jill Scott celebrates her first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart as her fourth studio effort, "The Light of the Sun," debuts atop the list with 135,000 sold according to Nielsen SoundScan.

She's been notching hits on the chart beginning with her 2000 debut, "Who Is Jill Scott?," rose to a No. 17 peak the following year. Since then, she's released three more studio albums, a live set and a collaborations collection.

Right behind her at No. 2 this week is folk rock act Bon Iver, who sees its self-titled second full-length album take a bow with 104,000. This marks both its highest-charting set and best sales week yet. Fronted by singer/songwriter Justin Vernon, the Bon Iver's previous high-water mark came when its "Blood Bank" EP debuted and peaked at No. 16 with 23,000 in 2009.​

Jill Scott Celebrates First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 | Billboard.com

Kairi

Reaction score
Erykah Badu to release First Mixtape <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"> </td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 500x333 and weights 15KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Erykah Badu decided to heat up the summer months with her first mixtape, set for release this July. The eclectic songstress will offer the piece under the moniker DJ Lo Down Loretta Brown which she uses for her DJ gigs. The mixtape was initially intended to arrive in April, so some last minute guest appearances can be expected. Stay tuned as more details are likely to emerge soon.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;4ZcAugYE6Rk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZcAugYE6Rk[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;_cuoL8lwaPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cuoL8lwaPs&feature=player_embedded[/video]