R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Taking a brief break from Dirty Money’s ‘Coming Home Tour’, Dawn Richard posed it up for SwankSuite in an exclusive new photoshoot.

The former Danty Kane singer’s look apparently tells a “shoulder story, about having the world on her shoulders”. Check out more pics and a behind the scenes video below…

dawn2.jpg

dawn5.jpg

dawn4.jpg

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]9PBZy9j3H3I[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]LbE1qz8wktQ[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]-BjsQmgiZxM[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]47ZUUOfDmLk[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Hitmaker Rico Love steps out from behind the boards and releases the scintillating “Wanna Hear U Say,” a soothing R&B jam. The “Motivation” songwriter hasn’t released any solo material since 2005 and this marks his first foray into singing R&B. It is slated to appear on his 8-song album 42nd Street.

“I was riding on an airplane on my way to New York and I thought, Damn, I really want the world to hear this stuff,” he tells Rap-Up.com. “So when I landed I made the decision that I was gonna release an 8-song LP called 42nd Street just for my fans and music lovers.” Rico maintains that he is not trying to push himself as an artist, but wants to get people’s feedback.

Turn the lights on by listening to the Rap-Up.com exclusive.

listen here

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/03/new-music-rico-love-wanna-hear-u-say/

Kairi

Reaction score
Ciara and YouTube sensation Keenan Cahill boogied down in New York City’s Times Square today in honor of National Teen Pregnancy Awareness Month presented by The Candie’s Foundation. The odd couple teamed up for a performance in front of thousands of spectators, looking friendly as they posed for the cameras with girls sporting fake baby bumps.

“Thank you @Ciara for performing with me in time square today,” tweeted Keenan, whose cover videos of Jeremih, 50 Cent, and Rihanna have garnered millions of views on YouTube.

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]50lMKGz4bOI[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Jamie Foxx talks about being an overprotective Dad..

The comedian/actor recently admitted that he is fiercely protective over his teenage daughter. He tells Ellen of the Ellen Degeneres show,“I have to be careful having a 17-year-old daughter.

We walk out of a restaurant, they take pictures of me and her and they say, ‘Jamie Foxx with a young hottie.’ Like they think she’s actually my girl,” he said. “But she’s incredible, filling out. She’s walking down the street in Beverly Hills, people are blowing horns. I’m literally in the street, ‘You stop it! Walk past me! Hide ya butt!’ I’m so overprotective.”

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]y7Xihb7RZdY[/youtube]

new bobby v

Kairi

Reaction score
Album Cover: Lloyd – ‘King of Hearts’

lloyd-koh-cover.jpg

Lloyd is a king without a crown on the cover of his fourth album King of Hearts, arriving June 28. The R&B crooner assumes his position of power, baring his chest on a gold-and-red throne. The LP, his first on Zone 4/Interscope Records, includes the Polow Da Don-produced singles “Lay It Down,” “Let’s Get It In” with 50 Cent, and “Cupid,” along with an appearance from Chris Brown.

Check out the lyric video for the pop remix to “Lay It Down” with B.o.B, featuring footage of Lloyd on the road. He also plans to drop a mixtape over Memorial Day weekend.

Kairi

Reaction score
848ef6f0.png

f62042d6.jpg

In her first cover story since she wed Swizz Beatz and popped out Baby Egypt Dean, 30-year-old Alicia Keys is opening up more than ever in the July 2011 issue of ESSENCE magazine.

Alicia's dropping her tenth anniversary deluxe and collector's editions of her first album, Songs in A Minor, this month. It's my fave album of hers so I'll def be copping. But as she's commemorating her decade long career, it's only right she lands the cover of the June 2011 issue.
ESSENCE says this is the most open she's ever been in an interview, so expect to get the first explanation as to how and why she and Swizzy got together, despite their marital circumstances, and how she's experiencing magical love with their baby boy.

On love:

"Falling in love is such a force, but this is a whole other level of magic..."

On music, marriage and motherhood:

"I was very closed for a long time. But I feel so open now. To feel open like this means you've found the center in yourself. You're not hiding; you're not worried about anything. Everything's going to be just fine."

On dedicating a song to her mom:

"In the past, I've written mostly from my own perspective. But I just wrote a song for my next album that was inspired by a conversation I had with a man who was expressing how indebted he feels to God. He said, 'I owe God.' Now, what an interesting thought. And as much as I believe in God, for me that translated into how much I owe my mother for who I am. So I went home and I wrote I Owe You. It's dedicated to her…"

Kairi

Reaction score
Teairra Mari performed her new single “That’s All Me” for the first time at R&B Live in Hollywood last week. The uptempo record, which samples Puff Daddy and the Family’s “It’s All About the Benjamins,” is one of the songs produced by Rico Love for her Fo’ Reel/Warner Bros. debut.
“Been searching and I finally found someone who can cure all my lonely/ Won’t let you go, no way boy, no how/ I’ma need you as my one and only,” sings Teairra before reprising the famous hook.
“She’s been through a lot,” explained Rico, who’s executive producing the album.

“She has a story to tell and I just want to show people that you grow. I think the consumer sometimes doesn’t give the artist the chance to go through what they go through and to grow.”

Before releasing her sophomore album, Teairra will drop her DJ Scream-hosted mixtape Now or Never on May 30.

[youtube]V3vkHuBm0L4[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]tap90z44WR8[/youtube]